OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
About DS games played on 3DS see the video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3R9JJ4qji0[/youtube]

Don’t compare 3DS battery life to other gaming systems

Nintendo has asked that players don’t compare the 3DS’ battery life with that of other gaming systems, and instead consider it alongside other “high-resolution portable devices”.

“3DS is a unique product, so [...] comparisons to other portable devices aren’t always applicable,” Nintendo’s marketing manager James Honeywell explained to BeefJack.

“If you look at other high-resolution portable devices, which is probably a better comparison than other portable gaming systems, three to five hours of intensive use is not an unreasonable battery life.”

Honeywell also confirmed that the three to five hours which has been touted is a “conservative estimate”.

Look out for our full interview with James Honeywell on the site tomorrow.

Source: http://beefjack.com/news/nintendo-dont-com...gaming-systems/

=======

I'll wait some comments to state my oppinion on these matters.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I was so glad to see this isn't just that video for the third time.

And what to say? We should wait and check the full interview tomorrow, that doesn't give a lot to discuss.

However, the 4 hour battery life has been testified.

Maedhros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, aparently the DS games will have a option to change the upper screen resolution to fullscreen (it'll make a scaling and smoothing on this case). I doubt I'll use that, anyway. I prefer seeing the two game screens on the same size for DS.

About the oppinion on the battery, that was really ridiculous: it obvious people will compare it to other devices, it's normal and acceptable. The only bad thing on this portable until now is the battery life. =/

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Battery life doesn't really worry me. I play most of my games in my room, ergo always have the power cable close by. The only time I travel long range is when I'm going to London or Swansea, both of which can be seven hour journeys. And I've never been able to play games the whole way anyway 'cause I suffer from motion sickness. So why is this such a major concern for so many people? I'm always hearing people whine about how it wouldn't last a trans-atlantic flight or something. Yeah, probably true. But what would? And are you likely to be taking these flights on a regular basis? No. Then be quiet. Worst case scenario, buy a spare battery when they become available. They're never more than about a tenner.

I think I have withdrawal symptoms from the screen though. What can I say? After spending hours with a demo model a few days ago my DS Lite just doesn't seem to cut it any more.

Maedhros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not everyone plays on their rooms.
Not everyone have a spare battery. (They're not that easy to change).
Not everyone has a power cable close by.
Not everyone has motion sickness.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Maedhros said:

And how many of the people that suffer from all four go on long journeys on a regular basis with nothing else to do but play games? What I'm saying is that a lot of people have been whining aout the battery life when it really doesn't affect them, they just expect too much.

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
I hear books have a pretty long life, provided they don't get too wet. Maybe "Everyone" should bring a good novel or three to their transatlantic flight.

Personally, I'm truly torn between a launch 3ds and a waiting for a model with improved battery life, even if it has to be (GASP!) bigger. And this video isn't helping the latter option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later