Gaming DS FULLY YELLOW TOUCHSCREEN PLZ HELP

Arya511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before i say anything i'll say hello..first of all when i search for ds yellow touchscreen it only brings something common and is normal for ds touchscreen to be a little yellow and i can't find ANYTHING ELSE!!
well here is my story: we went on a vacation one week ago and i was playing my ds when we were at our hotel i was playing pokemon heartgold on my ttds. after a while the touchscreen turned yellow (it would change between normal and really yellow) and it was late night and i was in panic so i just prayed for my ds (since i broke my wii) that this won't break. the morning i woke up my ds was fixed 100% UNTIL NOW!! now this time it came back but....PERMANENT!! i tried blowing in my ds and doing nothing with it but it just won't work!! :( plz help.. my ds screen is fully yellow and this makes my ds unplayable.. i don't want to loose this little console... NOTE: my ds is ds lite and black and i have been working with it for 5 years and it had no problems up to now.
maybe it just needs cleaning..idk

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like the screen or ribbon cable from the screen is bad. It isn't expensive.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/tft-lcd-replacement-module-for-nds-lite-lower-screen-3175

LCD screen

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/cross-and-trigram-screw-drivers-2-piece-kit-for-nds-ndsl-and-wii-2905

Screwdrivers to open it.

If your touch screen was at all inaccurate, order the replacement resistive layer too:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/touch-screen-replacement-module-for-nds-lite-3245

Reactions: 1 person

Arya511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say your best bet is to find a local gaming shop in your area to repair it for you. And depending on the cost decide whether you want it repaired or if it costs as much as a new DS/3DS consider just saving for a new one.

Arya511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say your best bet is to find a local gaming shop in your area to repair it for you. And depending on the cost decide whether you want it repaired or if it costs as much as a new DS/3DS consider just saving for a new one.
darn!!!! thats REALLY bad news if i have to give as much money as the actual console

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darn!!!! thats REALLY bad news if i have to give as much money as the actual console
I never said it will cost as much as a new console, what I'm saying is IF it costs nearly that much then in my opinion you are better off saving for a new DS/3DS.

Arya511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to say something that may seem intresting...well the screen is yellow but when it's about to load another screen (in game) it turns normal for a split second. or when i turn off the ds with going in the options and out from exiting th options it will turn normal for a split second before it turns off...weird...what do you think?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to say something that may seem intresting...well the screen is yellow but when it's about to load another screen (in game) it turns normal for a split second. or when i turn off the ds with going in the options and out from exiting th options it will turn normal for a split second before it turns off...weird...what's do you think?
That sounds like this GBA SP I was given to repair (I have no idea why they thought I could repair it; I have no experience in actually repairing electronic devices). Except in my case, it turns out their brother had spilled soda and lemonade all over it in revenge for some stupid thing but hadn't thought it would permanently break the thing.

I only found this out after I opened it up and found the insides still actually damp. :(

HOWEVER! This is probably not the problem in your case, as your case is with a DS, which could have other problems that attribute to the same symptoms.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm about to say something that may seem intresting...well the screen is yellow but when it's about to load another screen (in game) it turns normal for a split second. or when i turn off the ds with going in the options and out from exiting th options it will turn normal for a split second before it turns off...weird...what's do you think?
Well yeah, it shouldn't do that.

Still, it sounds like the screen is failing. Or the ribbon, who knows.

Don't try to do this by yourself, you'll just screw up your DS. There are really small FRAGILE connectors, and the ribbon loves to get torn while you fit it in.

Take it to a shop, but keep in mind to ask for the repair price first, some shops charge a lot for something like this.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't try to do this by yourself, you'll just screw up your DS. There are really small FRAGILE connectors, and the ribbon loves to get torn while you fit it in.
This is really true. I was asked to go help someone fit a special edition case onto their DS and when we got the DS together, it turns out the ribbon cord had tore almost completely in half and rendered the system unusable at the time. Thankfully google was around to help us avoid that the second time around.

Take it to a shop, but keep in mind to ask for the repair price first, some shops charge a lot for something like this.
The shop down here charges more than the price they're selling used DSes at because they claim they have to fully refurbish them and then reflash them in case we broke them with R4s. They're probably in the back just messing around with stuff until they break it, then they grab the nearest DS that looks the same and hands that over instead. They don't have the best techs there.

But that's just an extreme example.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The shop down here charges more than the price they're selling used DSes at because they claim they have to fully refurbish them and then reflash them in case we broke them with R4s. They're probably in the back just messing around with stuff until they break it, then they grab the nearest DS that looks the same and hands that over instead. They don't have the best techs there.
Reflashing... a DS? What. (yeah sure there's FlashMe and stuff... but a DS is virtually unbrickable since later Lites)

They don't even know what they're talking about :creep:

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reflashing... a DS? What. (yeah sure there's FlashMe and stuff... but a DS is virtually unbrickable since later Lites)

Mhm because you totally don't have to short the SL1 to do anything XD

OP, on the topic of taking it to a shop to have it repaired, I would ask them first what their cost to repair it would be. Afterwards, ask them what the cost would be if you provided the LCD and resistive layer (as in, what would it be in just labor, with parts pre-provided)

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

No, they don't. Which is why when someone has a handheld problem, they come to me first and I help them for $5 or less instead of the $100+ they'd have to pay for a repair that might not even work because the problem was misdiagnosed. And all I do is google the problem and give the person the solution.

I think this is why the people at that particular game shop hate my guts and refuse to hire me. Though, I see that as a bad thing, as I could probably earn them more than what they're getting from selling the few games they do while their services are being usurped by the gamestop in the next town over.

Afterwards, ask them what the cost would be if you provided the LCD and resistive layer (as in, what would it be in just labor, with parts pre-provided)
Also, be warned that some shops don't do repairs with pre-provided parts.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afterwards, ask them what the cost would be if you provided the LCD and resistive layer (as in, what would it be in just labor, with parts pre-provided)
Also, be warned that some shops don't do repairs with pre-provided parts.

Mmm, forgot to mention that possibility. In any event, it never hurts to ask. If they will, they probably don't openly advertise it, and I can see them charging out the ass for parts, then tacking on labor.

Arya511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your concern...i think it is a torn ribbon..i read somewhere that hot glue may fix this..anyways besides this, my ds touchscreen's touch responding is kinda awkward you know! :S it taps one place about one thousand times in one minute when i just hold it down on a place ._. I'm not going to change the touchscreen yet! because i've seen it costs like $40 so I think it's best left alone for now .-. darn! my ds is old like 5 years so i guess this should happen sometime...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.