DS #DSi 0079: Grease: The Official Video Game (Europe)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ryuhosuke said:
haha, i wonder who will remember the movie?
Thanks for making me feel old.
angry.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an Elite Beat Agents knock-off. Almost the exact same type of gameplay, and I mean nearly identical. So if you like the older music from the movie, and you liked EBA, then you might like this. Personally, I liked EBA, so I'll give this a go. I'm an old fart, so the music in this is at least familiar to me and not too annoying.

When it first loads, give it at least 15 seconds to continue. Yes, it sits at the first credit screen (Nintendo on top, Grease on the bottom) for a long time before continuing, it's not locked up.

Appears to work fine on CycloDS.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Movie came out in 78,game out in 2010...I think there a bit late to the party,i'm not sure why they decided to "bless" us now instead of like 20-25 years ago...

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rayder said:
This is an Elite Beat Agents knock-off. Almost the exact same type of gameplay, and I mean nearly identical. So if you like the older music from the movie, and you liked EBA, then you might like this. Personally, I liked EBA, so I'll give this a go. I'm an old fart, so the music in this is at least familiar to me and not too annoying.
If it is anything like Ouendan I will have to try it. I absolutely love those games and that`s also why I`m very excited about the Michael Jackson game, which also is as far as I can tell "just" a EBA knock-off!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the music content in this game is a little too old for some of you young whipper-snappers. I was 10 when the movie came out, so I am at least familiar with the music, even if I'm not in love with it. I guess that gives me enough appreciation for it to play through it. Personally, I liked the "Greased Lightning" tune, but it's been many, many years since I've even heard the tune, I might hate it now. I don't know, I was never into movie/musicals. I'll have to see the car pic they use during that tune before I make my final determination.
tongue.gif
I'll have to play through the game and get to that tune at least. Just to hear it again, for like.....old-times sake, I guess.

For some reason I enjoy the EBA style of gaming......something about the EBA game style really gets my heart pumping. I can't really explain it, but I like it. That's what keeps me playing these games with this game style, even if I think many (or all) of the tunes suck. For some reason, it's like....exciting...or something to me. Don't really know why or how to explain it any better, but that's how it is for me.

It's when I never heard the songs before that turns me off. There have been quite a few similar-style rhythm games where the music was mostly all-new to my ears and I didn't care for most of what I heard. It's just an instant buzz-kill for me when that happens. I don't listen to radio much these days, so I'm likely just out of touch with current music. But it still kills a game for me. I remember these old tunes that are in this game, so the tap-patterns shouldn't psyche me out too much. I'm not "flying blind" trying to do tunes I'm not familiar with, I've known these tunes since I was a kid......brings back memories of my childhood. If the greased lightning tune ain't in the game, I'll feel like a sucker.
huh.gif

EDIT: I don't think I've ever seen the whole movie. But somehow, I used to have the soundtrack album way back when. Not all the tunes sucked and Idid listen to a few of them back then. Couldn't even tell you which ones right now......have to play through the game to remember I guess.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Yeah, the music content in this game is a little too old for some of you young whipper-snappers.
Seriously? The soundtrack sells well, musical does well and there was even a Grease based "pick me pick me" style show. Young girls still love this crap, my cousin is like 11 and watches the film all the time.

This isn't based on the film (hence the boxart) but the muscial that came before.

Can't say I like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F