DS #DSi 0074: Art Academy (Europe)

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
guinness said:
Using Wood R4 1.11 with clean rom, I got black screens after drawing the apple.
Created my own 8MB save file by opening command prompt, and typing:

fsutil file createnew c:\artacademy.nds.sav 8388608

and now all works fine.
You, my friend, are the greatest human being in the world, great solution, how'd you figure it out?

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
guinness said:

and now all works fine.
You, my friend, are the greatest human being in the world, great solution, how'd you figure it out?
My question is how are you supposed to open the command prompt?
Or can we just use the save from the Jap version?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Inunah said:
gifi4 said:
guinness said:

and now all works fine.
what are you running windows xp/vista etc?

If windows, (XP) open the start menu and to the right it should say "run"
then open that then type "cmd" in the space provided then the command prompt will be up and type

if Vista/ windows 7 open the start menu and type run then follow the steps for XP

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
Inunah said:
gifi4 said:
guinness said:

and now all works fine.

then open that then type "cmd" in the space provided then the command prompt will be up and type

if Vista/ windows 7 open the start menu and type run then follow the steps for XP
Ah. Alrighty.
tongue.gif

But my question about the Jap version's Save still stands.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Inunah said:
gifi4 said:
Inunah said:
gifi4 said:
guinness said:

and now all works fine.

Ah. Alrighty.
tongue.gif

But my question about the Jap version's Save still stands.
AS for the Jap versions save, I'm not sure as I never played the Jap version, sorry.

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
AS for the Jap versions save, I'm not sure as I never played the Jap version, sorry.
So far, using the Jap version's save with the E ROM is working as perfectly as the command prompt way.
...........Or not.

Blaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh Any way of using the Jap version's save with the E ROM without freezes or black screens?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, I continued playing whilst using the CMD save file and it froze after doing the shading of the apple.

Ollibolli V2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maxkhoon said:
if it helps, here is the 8mb sav with all lessons unlocked :-)

http://www.mediafire.com/?273c3bdjpc8jrvy

Thank you very much, maybe with this savegame the game starts on several Flashcards, which makes troubles before...

For all, who have Freeze-Problems after the 1. lesson, 1. level, here is a small solution:

After you painted the stamp of the apple, and before the 1. lesson, 2. level beginns (where the game normally freezed), you have to press VEEEEERY FAST "Save and continue" and "Yes"!
After that, the game saves as normal and you come in lesson 1, level 2!
In lesson 1, level 2, please save the game again, and you can load it as usual!;-)
Tested with CycloDS Evolution!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nico445 said:
works on a acekard 2.1 with akaio 1.7.1 also on the supercard ds one i and supercard ds two
QUOTE(Ollibolli V2 @ Aug 12 2010, 10:50 AM) Works perfect on my Supercard DSTwo in clean mode!
???? - That's weird - I can't get it to work quite right on my DSTwo - Although the game runs & I can do the lessons, each time I start up & select a save position to either continue lessons or to view gallery - it comes up with 'sav file is corrupt' message & I've tried it in both patch and clean modes..... could it be due to the save size ?? - if so how do I get an 8Mb sav

Inunah

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Maxkhoon said:
of course included this awesome software that can extract your creations/your drawings out of your sav,

http://www.mediafire.com/?fpp8p7aez5ebevx
I was just about to ask about a program that does that.

Tried it with my .nds.sav file, it didn't work, so I'm guessing .sav and .SAV only?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
nico445 said:
works on a acekard 2.1 with akaio 1.7.1 also on the supercard ds one i and supercard ds two
Ollibolli V2 said:
Works perfect on my Supercard DSTwo in clean mode!???? - That's weird - I can't get it to work quite right on my DSTwo - Although the game runs & I can do the lessons, each time I start up & select a save position to either continue lessons or to view gallery - it comes up with 'sav file is corrupt' message & I've tried it in both patch and clean modes..... could it be due to the save size ?? - if so how do I get an 8Mb sav
QUOTE(PharaohsVizier @ Aug 13 2010, 04:15 PM)
Uhhh seems to work fine on my DS2 as well... I'm done lesson 2, so pretty sure it saves fine. XD
Well - I've downloaded that 8Mb save file (in a few posts above) & 'Cleared data' from within the game so that I start from scratch) - Now it's saving with no problems at all

- so I'm guessing it IS something to do with the sav file made by SCTwo is not being big enough, so I don't know how PharoahVizier sav worked OK while mine didn't

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried that save and yes it works but the game still crashes now and again. Looks awesome though! Love the sound of sketching with a pencil, especially through headphones.

Twilight Prince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can sum1 help me with this game. I have an Ak2i usin AKAIO 1.7 and when I try to play the game it says somethin bout the save file not bein accessible i think. I read through this topic n every1 else seems 2 be able to atleast start the game yet nothin is workin for me. Any ideas?

ok got it working but now it freezes after drawing the circle in lesson 1 :S

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
bumjeans said:
Tried that save and yes it works but the game still crashes now and again.What card are youusing - it seems that depending on the card used depends on how successful it is
QUOTE(Twilight Prince @ Aug 15 2010, 06:16 PM) Can sum1 help me with this game. I have an Ak2i usin AKAIO 1.7 and when I try to play the game it says somethin bout the save file not bein accessible i think.
What size is your 'sav' file - it may be that AKAIO is creating a small sav file & it's that which is causing a problem. (oh & is that AKAIO 1.7 or meant to be AKAIO 1.7.1 ??)

bumjeans

Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
bumjeans said:
Tried that save and yes it works but the game still crashes now and again.
What card are youusing - it seems that depending on the card used depends on how successful it is

I am using the original R4 with Wood 1.11.

So whats this about the fixed japanese version with eng text? Do I lose out on anything compared to the eur version?

Twilight Prince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
bumjeans said:
Tried that save and yes it works but the game still crashes now and again.What card are youusing - it seems that depending on the card used depends on how successful it is
QUOTE(Twilight Prince @ Aug 15 2010, 06:16 PM) Can sum1 help me with this game. I have an Ak2i usin AKAIO 1.7 and when I try to play the game it says somethin bout the save file not bein accessible i think.
What size is your 'sav' file - it may be that AKAIO is creating a small sav file & it's that which is causing a problem. (oh & is that AKAIO 1.7 or meant to be AKAIO 1.7.1 ??)
I updated to AKAIO 1.7.1 and am currently using the 8mb sav file available on this thread and the game works fine except that it freezes during the lesson at random points. I have no idea how to prevent it from freezing so I can play the game without having to continually restart the game. Help is much appreciated
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5