Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want a DS lite even though I really don't need one. Just waiting... probably gonna be april when we can buy them through usual channels. I'm hoping to get a raise by then too lol.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have a black ds lite and a black psp. and they are both great console but there are better games on the ds. i manly use my psp as a media player and a emulator for snes, genesis and psx.

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a blue DS (Not DS Lite! DS>DSLite!
tongue.gif
) and a slim silver PSP. I love them both. DS has more, well, DS games I like to play, but the PSP has amazing emulation support that really expands it's library (PS1 games on the go FTMFW), in addition to some great games made for the system (Lumines, Jeanne d'Arc, FFT:TWOTL)

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The PSP is basically a waste of money. Only children use it for its meanger and pathetic multimedia features. Everyone else is smart enough to buy a real media player. And the game library is the pits.

I owned a PSP for a while but I sold it once I discovered the amazing Gp2X F200. Its homebrew scene rocks. And since I never cared for PSP games to begin with, selling the Sony Paperweight wasn't much of a problem. It was probably the best thing I ever did. Had I know how much better GP2X homebrew was I would have done it sooner.

So DS + GP2X>>>>>PSP

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Got DS a launch because it was new and fresh. Got PSP at launch because my parents just bought one for no reason. I like both a lot though. Can't go anywhere without both.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no desire to help Sony push their proprietary formats (memory stick/UMD), and i do not want to play ports of PS2 games, i have a PS2 for that

DS was the first handheld I ever wanted due to the touch feature. never had any other beside game gear in the 90s

Nintendo has used a proprietary format since back in the 8-bit days. (Carts, carts, more carts, mini-cds [not exactly proprietary, but not standard either], ds-carts). And the DS doesn't even have an external memory feature (any legal, official ones anyways) so there's not point arguing about that.

The PSP is basically a waste of money. Only children use it for its meanger and pathetic multimedia features. Everyone else is smart enough to buy a real media player. And the game library is the pits.Â

I owned a PSP for a while but I sold it once I discovered the amazing Gp2X F200. Its homebrew scene rocks. And since I never cared for PSP games to begin with, selling the Sony Paperweight wasn't much of a problem. It was probably the best thing I ever did. Had I know how much better GP2X homebrew was I would have done it sooner.

So DS + GP2X>>>>>PSP

Isn't gamepark holdings bankrupt? Or is that just gamepark?
Don't know much about the GP2X scene myself, but it sure does seem interesting. Does it have an analog stick?

About the thread: I like both. The PSP is a nice handheld console and it certainly looks a lot better than the DS (3D graphics on the DS are nothing to brag about). If there was some weird, funny-looking DS-PSP hybrid, I would buy it the second I see it.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
owned both, both stolen, only replaced DS, both superb systems ALMOST dead even but of course my personal bias tips the scale in favor of DS, with such necessities as Tetris DS, Contra 4, Nervous Brickdown, etc etc.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The PSP is basically a waste of money. Only children use it for its meanger and pathetic multimedia features. Everyone else is smart enough to buy a real media player. And the game library is the pits.Â

I owned a PSP for a while but I sold it once I discovered the amazing Gp2X F200. Its homebrew scene rocks. And since I never cared for PSP games to begin with, selling the Sony Paperweight wasn't much of a problem. It was probably the best thing I ever did. Had I know how much better GP2X homebrew was I would have done it sooner.

So DS + GP2X>>>>>PSP

Not everybody wants to carry around a media player and a game machine on top of that.
Having both in one system is more convenient even if you don't exactly get the best of both worlds.

IMO there are a tonne of games on the PSP that are great so buying a GP2X soley for the homebrew/emulators means you are missing out on a bunch of great games.

What is so great about the GP2X anyways, whenever there has been a discussion around its emulator capabilities nobody has been able to tell me an area where it really beats the PSP.

Anyway I have both.
yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
owned both, both stolen, only replaced DS, both superb systems ALMOST dead even but of course my personal bias tips the scale in favor of DS, with such necessities as Tetris DS, Contra 4, Nervous Brickdown, etc etc.

That sucks. If I had mine stolen I'd rip apart the guy who took them and the drink so Dr. Pepper.
tongue.gif
About the PSP Slim, I think that it was totally pointless, just a half assed attempt to copy Nintendo with the NDS Lite. Like, there's a big difference between the NDSL and the NDS. The PSP Phat and Slim, no real difference. Still look about the same. But that's my opinion.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
GP2X,PSP and DSL

GP2X - emulation and homebrew ( on reason off top of head is screen size is better suited for it MC DUI
wink.gif
) Its borked right now though( will be back in my hands soon)

PSP- Games

DSL- Games and Homebrew

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I currently only have the DS, but I would get a PSP if I had the money.
There isn't much that I want on the PSP, but everyone I know that has a PSP (which isn't many) is currently playing Lemmings which I would love to be ported to the DS but I can just as easily play it on my PC.

You mean, kinda like LemmingsDS?

sonofx51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bought both and usually sell one when I am done playing whatever game I wanted the system for, bad habit I guess. I've put more hours into the DS simply because of GBA games really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff