Hacking ds card that can play gba games yet?

airdish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been awhile since I looked around, but are there any flash cards in the DS format that can also run GBA games too?

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is none and never will be any Slot-1 only solution that can play GBA games. There is no way to "Reverse Passme". On top of that, the other major issue is that GBA games require /very/ low latency. The Slot-1 on the DS is not capable of the same low latency connection that the GBA slot is capable of.

It will never happen. Thats why if you are just entering the GBA/DS homebrew scene you should purchase a slot-2 solution, if you want to use GBA content.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States

airdish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which is the best slot 2 card out there right now? The reason I wanted to go with slot 1 is the reviews make it seem soo easy to load files and play. But I was worried that a slot 2 card would not be as easy, like the whole pass through thing I don't fully understand.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want a slot 2 card to play GBA games occasionally get the EZ flash V slot 1 card with the "3 in 1 expansion pack". You can have a GBA rom on that pack and play it. It's not quite as convenient as something else, but in the end you'll get better compatibility than any other option at the same price.

The other option is to get a slot 1 device like the R4 and get a cheap slot 2 device like the EZ Flash IV (deluxe?) for GBA games. The R4 can function as a passme if you need it, but you probably won't.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If you want a slot 2 card to play GBA games occasionally get the EZ flash V slot 1 card with the "3 in 1 expansion pack". You can have a GBA rom on that pack and play it.Â

The other option is to get a slot 1 device like the R4 and get a cheap slot 2 device like the EZ Flash IV (deluxe?) for GBA games. The R4 can function as a passme if you need it, but you probably won't.
The EZF5 + 3-in-1 combo can run Opera, while the EZF4 + anything else can't. Plus, it's cheap. I have an EZF4, and I'm looking at the EZF5 combo. And looking. And looking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, now that you mention the stone it seems that you watched the anime