ds card that can play gba games yet?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by airdish, Mar 4, 2007.

Mar 4, 2007
  1. airdish
    OP

Newcomer airdish Newbie

United States
    Its been awhile since I looked around, but are there any flash cards in the DS format that can also run GBA games too?

2. Mchart

Member Mchart GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There is none and never will be any Slot-1 only solution that can play GBA games. There is no way to "Reverse Passme". On top of that, the other major issue is that GBA games require /very/ low latency. The Slot-1 on the DS is not capable of the same low latency connection that the GBA slot is capable of.

It will never happen. Thats why if you are just entering the GBA/DS homebrew scene you should purchase a slot-2 solution, if you want to use GBA content.

3. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    That's why nintendo don't make slot 1 gba games i guess.

4. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    That doesn't make sense, Nintendo doesn't make big-sized-dvd Gamecube games either, just cause they don't fit in a gamecube... Tried sticking a DS cartridge in you GBA (Micro) yet?

5. Golin

Member Golin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think he was joking.

6. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    The GBA games maybe able to be patched to play on the slot 1. Last I heard the M3 team were working on it, not heard anything since.

7. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Naw, only using a Slot2 RAM pack. No other way.

8. airdish
    OP

Newcomer airdish Newbie

United States
    So which is the best slot 2 card out there right now? The reason I wanted to go with slot 1 is the reviews make it seem soo easy to load files and play. But I was worried that a slot 2 card would not be as easy, like the whole pass through thing I don't fully understand.

9. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you want a slot 2 card to play GBA games occasionally get the EZ flash V slot 1 card with the "3 in 1 expansion pack". You can have a GBA rom on that pack and play it. It's not quite as convenient as something else, but in the end you'll get better compatibility than any other option at the same price.

The other option is to get a slot 1 device like the R4 and get a cheap slot 2 device like the EZ Flash IV (deluxe?) for GBA games. The R4 can function as a passme if you need it, but you probably won't.

10. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    The EZF5 + 3-in-1 combo can run Opera, while the EZF4 + anything else can't. Plus, it's cheap. I have an EZF4, and I'm looking at the EZF5 combo. And looking. And looking.