DS #5485: Monster Tale (USA)

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh stuck on the Last Stage

Just got the stone blast destroyer attack. Went through i think a purple portal, eventually i go into a room after an item room near 2 diamonds where i have to fight a lot of enemies, the floating strong red ones, the purple ones, the mace alligators, etc. I cannot get past this room, the difficulty curve has become stupid, the boss before this was a piece of cake and now i have go through teleporters, fight these stupid enemies, etc?

I've used the attack from my monster that shoots the blue homing attacks, even then and trying to heal i eventually keep dying.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
There is an IronChefz release.

Anyways, I'm stuck sort of on the water boss. I'm gonna try again though. I got to try once, then my DS went red light on me.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
There is an IronChefz release.

Anyways, I'm stuck sort of on the water boss. I'm gonna try again though. I got to try once, then my DS went red light on me.

Ah, he can be pretty easy, for the flying water things, just Up + Y i think them, they should die in like one hit, then just stand still and dodge the 2 screen water poles things.

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did on the Water boss was just use Petdozer's Drill' em Master skill for the bubbles and wall climb'd around and repeat, then I just went nuts on the blaster when the water boss was in full form. Made it quite easy.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Beat the boss on my third try pretty much flawlessly. Still barely using Chomp or his abilities though.

I'm now going through the first red door in the water place after doing an asston of running back and forth for no real reason just so the game could have me go all the way back. I take back what I said about the back tracking, it gets pretty annoying.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FulgoreSama said:
Killermech said:
FulgoreSama said:
I'm enjoying this a lot still but I have a question, I've been trying my hardest to get every form currently available to me, I have been throwing soap after soap at my pet, trying to get the light evo form and it wont budge past a certain area of the EXP bar. Any reason why this is?

Max level for a form is 30. If your form reaches 30 before it unlocks the one connected with it, you're screwed.

Yeah, I forgot that until I hit 30 on Petdozer and now I can't get the dark form.
I really hope I didn't miss out on a good form.

That one is actually bugged for me too. I left the form alone at lvl 15 so I could unlock the Dark form later once I got access to the video games in a store. Then when I finally found it, I bought video games
like crazy to get the Dark form. The bar was filling up nicely but then it suddenly stopped at like 95% full. No matter what I did, it never increased. I tried giving it tons of cookies / video games / having it fight and take damage but it never increased for some reason. It's the only form I didn't manage to unlock cause of that bug or whatever it is.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about 60% into the game and still have about 7 forms still locked. I wasn't really paying much attention to the forms, they really only seem useful for things that ANY of the forms can do, like hitting buttons to move obstacles, help with attacking when there are lots of enemies on screen, attacking the monster that puts stuff in the bottom screen, setting off special weapons, etc. So I wasn't really concerning myself with the varying forms since they all did essentially the same thing. Just use the one that reacts the quickest and smacks the hardest and you're good....that was my strategy. Otherwise, I just let the forms tend to themselves. I'm more into fully exploring the maps and have only been paying the most rudimentary attention to the forms. I imagine that by doing that, it affects your percentage at the end of the game. I'm probably pretty close to finishing the story. If I don't work on trying to get all the forms, my endgame will probably only be in the 70-80 percentile range.

Still, I've been spending some real quality time with my DS the last day or two and having lots of fun. I never was a "completest" who had to get 100% of everything. Once the credits roll, I'm done. This game is so incredibly easy that I won't need all the forms to beat it. Phooey on the percentage rating I say. I got my fun out of the game and that's all that matters to me.

Makes me want to boot up the old GBA Metroid games after beating this. While I've beaten Fusion, I have never completed Zero Mission.....I've tried a few times and have always gotten stuck at a certain point. I actually own the original GBA carts of those games too, though I just play them through my M3 Perfect.
happy.gif

I'm at 9h 42m at this point, but despite the 56.6% into the game that the game says I've played, I feel I am very close to the end of the story. There's not much unexplored map left, so I know I'm almost done. Lots of backtracking and exploring maps adds a lot of time, but my negligence of the forms reduces my percentage.

How much time/percentage have you guys racked-up playing this game so far? Or if you already beat it, how long did it take and what was your percentage?

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get Dark Form!

I found out that at the last fourth or so of his EXP bar (for dark form) you gotta let the "Take and Deal Damage" portion do its work and eventually (about 15 mins of sitting around and letting him smack some lizard things under a platform) and you can get "Elite Guard"

He's pretty cool though his actual ability was rather confusing.
You'll see what I mean when you get him yourself!

Still playing

psychoboi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all..

I don't know if this is an AP or just a game glitch, but in the castle part of the game (where you have to press switches to open a warp door) I can't go any further for some reason. It's either the 3rd or 4th warp door. I just obtained the super charge shooter and pressed the switch but the door it supposedly controls remains closed. Anyone else having this issue?

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm pretty sure it's been asked already, but still.
Has anyone found any kind of AP protection in this game so far?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
No AP to speak of. The game runs well and is very well made. Kind of like a more kid friendly Castlevania or Metroid game. Simple enough to easily get into, but requires strategy as you play. A well made game that probably doesn't even cost much.

Piddle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is with Gilgamesh's experience curve? It's just plain down right ridiculous. I can't help but think it's some kind of an AP joke

Mesiskope

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
No AP to speak of. The game runs well and is very well made. Kind of like a more kid friendly henry hatsworth in the puzzling adventure game. Simple enough to easily get into, but requires strategy as you play. A well made game that probably doesn't even cost much.

fixed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That's exactly how many I gotta take in the morning. Later on, 2 more :sad: