DS #5441: Busy Scissors (USA)

ilovegames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick review:
the "minigames" are very repetitive (although they do vary by hairstyle) and require no skill after the initial 10 second period of getting a feel for the toddler-centric controls. it seems precision is unnecessary and the only way to make a mistake is to take longer than the extremely generous time limit. there is absolutely no depth to the hairstyle tutorials and the on-screen tips only explain how to complete the in-game tasks (no actual hairstyling tips). another problem i noticed was that when making a series of quick parts, the clients' hair doesn't update to reflect the changes until all of the cuts have been made. it would be nice to know what each individual step was supposed to look like. only incentives to progress are the unlockable hair products and accessories which allow you to cut different hairstyles, in turn letting you complete more "appointments". overall, the game is neither a full fledged beat-the-clock minigame compilation nor is it a simulation. will not really entertain anyone more than a couple of days.

good
- features a wide selection of hairstyles, hair cutting tools and products
- option to practice any of the cuts on a virtual mannequin (as long you have the required products unlocked)
- can choose to play any of the 4 music tracks from the pause screen

bad
- no challenge
- no glossary
- steps to cut hair are extremely basic (no in-game tips/details with real world applicable instruction)
- sloppy menus and the salon decor is drab
- dialogue and conversation trees are uninspired

sleep.gif

EDIT: I SHOULD MENTION THAT THE GAME IS SETUP LIKE COOKING MAMA

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pablo3DS said:
Lady Gaga's game
glare.gif

PLEASE, bring me a lady GAGA game, i'd LOVE to play that
yaynds.gif

that would actually be arousing, instead of plain boring like this game (yes, i played it for like 2 minutes, and decided this sucks balls)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo