DS #5343: SaGa 3: Jikuu no Hasha - Shadow or Light (Japan)

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason that the GB SaGa games and for that manner Seiken Densetsu 1 for the GB were renamed for the US release back in the day was for a crazy case of Brand Recognition. What's even funnier is that in a library I worked at during my undergrad career there was an old video game book that had a list of releases for games and some future releases and they had in the GB section a spot for "The Great Warrior Saga". It seems like that was the original planned release name for the US localization of "The Demon Tower SaGa" which was the official Japanese name for SaGa 1. Squaresoft at the time then decided to rebrand the game as a Final Fantasy title to take advantage of the original Final Fantasy for the NES's popularity as FF1 came out in the US about 5 months before.

The Demon Tower SaGa was actually the first game in the whole SaGa series which then had the 2 other releases for the Game Boy and then branched out into the more advanced systems with the Romancing SaGa series.

Final Fantasy Adventure was a rebranding of Seiken Densetsu (Legend of the Holy Sword) of which its sequel Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana in the US) is one of the most popular action rpg titles for the SNES in the US.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tried it. Seems good, but I really dunno why they would remove the free-roaming from the Map screen and just reduce it to a path-based movement system
unsure.gif

Gotta wait for the translation patch to enjoy if fully, I guess
tongue.gif

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
Man, I was under the impression at first that this might be SaGa Frontier 3. Guess I'm not that lucky, although Final Fantasy Legends II was fun, I might try that one.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
raulpica said:
Tried it. Seems good, but I really dunno why they would remove the free-roaming from the Map screen and just reduce it to a path-based movement system
unsure.gif

tongue.gif

If you see the gametrailers History of Final Fantasy you will see they said that they made it that way to attract more new players at RPGs at that time...
It was a nice move (I think it was...sort of...)

And I hope this game gets a translation and will be a complete one because it deserves it (And square-enix won't release them worldwide...)

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
badgerkins said:
Is this the remake of Final Fantasy Legend 3 for the Gameboy? That was an epic game.

yes it is
smile.gif

edit: oops, looks like someone beat me to it.

gonna wait for a translation first, english if possible, if not, there's always chinese(?) translation, just which is gonna be faster? who knows?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
N-TG said:
raulpica said:
unsure.gif

tongue.gif

If you see the gametrailers History of Final Fantasy you will see they said that they made it that way to attract more new players at RPGs at that time...
It was a nice move (I think it was...sort of...)

And I hope this game gets a translation and will be a complete one because it deserves it (And square-enix won't release them worldwide...)

Are you saying they removed free roaming in the SaGa 3 remake, or the later SaGa games? Because the original Gameboy version of SaGa 3 had a world map and free roaming.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Crimson Nocturnal bunch of quitters; site down, including forums and everything.

Wow, there's just a pity party text on the page now. Crimson-nocturnal.com is no more, and the only thing in its wake is a bunch of emo text which is essentially a "screw you" from some lazy-ass whiner who apparently has no thought to the OTHER people working on his projects or the people like me who were supportive and anticipating what more they could do. What a crybaby. Apparently he gives absolutely no thought to the fact that there were other people on that site, who can now no longer talk to one another on the forums. Who knows what the hell happened to the two projects they had underway, or where one can pick up the translation patch to SaGa 2. Way to go. Real mature.

Easton West

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone missed it, partial translation patch v0.2 has been released. Have fun! http://www.cainsdomain.com/projects/saga-iii-translation/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Is that why you're posting a lot of food on your profile?