DS #5267: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (USA)

Ephidiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ripandsip said:
yea works akaio 1.8.1 with ap bypass(turn it on enable then when u start the game hold Y) acekard is 2.1(using kingston 4gb) but some freakin wierd thing happened. after several hours in game..k i just walked rite? then monster pops up, (a former boss in game) i pop up in a village, monster pops up again, i kill it. happens like 4 times..then my screen just turns black (bottom one) but my top screen still shows map. this is wierd. has some ingame ap or something like that one super robot gaiden somethin..game
Same AP bug in the jpn version
just save and reload the game to avoid this
usually you get it on low battery

whendarknessfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KougaMyazawa said:
Fel said:
KougaMyazawa said:
Numerous games fixed? Yes. One of them Dark Dawn? Nope.
frown.gif
Oh. I thought that fixed it, but now I've checked and see it still hasn't been fixed. Sorry for the misinformation then. Well, what about buying the game? If you can spare 35 dollars, it's certainly worth the buy!
smile.gif
Especially since you seem so eager to play it. (though if you're not buying it because of not having enough cash for it, I understand)
Buying is an option, but I prefer to have the ROM. Switching between games is such a hassle. If I have the ROM with my other games in one cart, I don't have to bother with switching between games, and avoid the risk of losing it. Plus, I can't get cheats, or use RTS, which is a very convenient thing for me.

I've had it pre-orded for a while now and my GameStop might get it in sometime tomorrow. But yes, I'd rather use a flashcart for all the convenient features. Hopefully it won't take much longer for TC to get the forums back up and then maybe have a new beta firmware with a Golden Sun fix.

KougaMyazawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whendarknessfalls said:
I've had it pre-orded for a while now and my GameStop might get it in sometime tomorrow. But yes, I'd rather use a flashcart for all the convenient features. Hopefully it won't take much longer for TC to get the forums back up and then maybe have a new beta firmware with a Golden Sun fix.

if TC is the CycloDS main website, then they're already back up. Otherwise, what is TC?

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Allright im back (Too.... much... NOSTALGIA!) and i can confirm that 3GB+ cards is bad.

Currently at patchers place and there is just so much Nostalgia in this game that it feels like im gonna burst out into tears of happiness *sob*

whendarknessfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KougaMyazawa said:
whendarknessfalls said:

if TC is the CycloDS main website, then they're already back up. Otherwise, what is TC?

TC is short for Team Cyclops. They are the development team for the Cyclo products and provide us with firmware updates. Yes, the main site is back up but the forums are still under maintenance.

Necoconeco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who don't know whats up with TC...

Yes there was a patch recently. It said it fixed numerous games. It actually didn't fix very many.

Japanese version of Golden Sun still gets a black screen.
Mario Vs Donkey Kong still contains invisible sprites.
Call of Duty Black Ops isn't saving any checkpoints.

These are the 3 games I tried on 1.59 and 1.60 and all 3 fail.

And theres no "Support" because the TC Forums are still down/disabled so a vast majority of Cyclo Users can't get help from their fellow Cyclo Users. The forum has been down for over a month, so Cyclo users are dependent on getting their help from scattered locations.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MeritsAlone said:
Allright im back (Too.... much... NOSTALGIA!) and i can confirm that 3GB+ cards is bad.

Currently at patchers place and there is just so much Nostalgia in this game that it feels like im gonna burst out into tears of happiness *sob*
Not necessarily, my 4GB Class 4 Kingston Taiwan and DSTWO work, if I use Clean mode. The game does seem a tiny bit choppy, but other than that, it plays fine.

whendarknessfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necoconeco said:
For those who don't know whats up with TC...

Yes there was a patch recently. It said it fixed numerous games. It actually didn't fix very many.

Japanese version of Golden Sun still gets a black screen.
Mario Vs Donkey Kong still contains invisible sprites.
Call of Duty Black Ops isn't saving any checkpoints.

These are the 3 games I tried on 1.59 and 1.60 and all 3 fail.

And theres no "Support" because the TC Forums are still down/disabled so a vast majority of Cyclo Users can't get help from their fellow Cyclo Users. The forum has been down for over a month, so Cyclo users are dependent on getting their help from scattered locations.
For any CycloDS users out there you can go to http://cyclods.wikidot.com/ for any support from other CycloDS users until the forums are back up.

Invierno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey guys, looking around on the net i found that YSMenu + TTMenu was updated. I have a R4i-SDHC (that one with the red box package). I tried with TTMenu and IT WORKS
biggrin.gif

So... try it out and see if it works for you.

Download ->YSMenu + TTMenu v6.40

Just put TTMenu.dat, TTMENU.SYS, TTMenu.nds and TTMenu folder in the root of your sd card, (along with the original firmware of your flashcart). Then boot your flashcard as always you do, and run TTMenu.nds the same way as you run any game. Then look for Golden Sun and be happy ;D

Hope it works for you guys
wink.gif

EDIT**** LINK IS DEAD, REUPLOADING

EDIT2*** REUPLOADED

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys,so i'm kinda stuck right now.
So right now i'm stuck in Craggy Peak Ruins in the room that the tablet says "THE CRAB CANNOT SWIM ANY LONGER."...What do I do here?I've done the other rooms but this one is tough..

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
mariosonic said:
So right now i'm stuck in Craggy Peak Ruins in the room that the tablet says "THE CRAB CANNOT SWIM ANY LONGER."...What do I do here?I've done the other rooms but this one is tough..

I think u use arid heat on something... I'm kinda hazy on that one

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
mariosonic said:

Well,I did freeze this water in a bowl,I can melt it too with Tyrell's fireball,but it doesnt really do anything.

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mariosonic said:
30084pm said:
mariosonic said:

Well,I did freeze this water in a bowl,I can melt it too with Tyrell's fireball,but it doesnt really do anything.

Use arid heat on it

TEKNIQUE82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invierno said:
Hey guys, looking around on the net i found that YSMenu + TTMenu was updated. I have a R4i-SDHC (that one with the red box package). I tried with TTMenu and IT WORKS
biggrin.gif

So... try it out and see if it works for you.

Download ->YSMenu + TTMenu v6.40

Just put TTMenu.dat, TTMENU.SYS, TTMenu.nds and TTMenu folder in the root of your sd card, (along with the original firmware of your flashcart). Then boot your flashcard as always you do, and run TTMenu.nds the same way as you run any game. Then look for Golden Sun and be happy ;D

Hope it works for you guys
wink.gif

EDIT**** LINK IS DEAD, REUPLOADING

EDIT2*** REUPLOADED

OMG!!!!! this worked!!!!!! thank you ssssssoooooo much
biggrin.gif

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SparkFenix said:
mariosonic said:
30084pm said:
mariosonic said:

Use arid heat on it

Lol theres one little problem with that..Arent I already soposed to have Amiti in my party?Cause hes with me in the story,but it never let me use him..:/ Yet I still passed the place before this area..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo