DS #5207: Radiant Historia (Japan)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XXLANCEXX said:
Fel said:
I also hope for an English release because of the supposed number of possibilities and time altering choices.
smile.gif
Ehh Atlus Isnt really popular here in america man
so its a slim chance

This is why Demon's Soul is now a greatest hits (sure it's on PS3 and not DS, but they are popular). Also, if they could sell 150000 copies of 3D Dot Game Heroes on PS3, they can do something good with this.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Slyakin said:
RoMee said:
Demonbart said:
basher11 said:
i posted this on the other topic.

"turn based battles"
*skips this game because of your post*
Seriously, I think there's a lot of great rpgs out there, but I just hate turn based battles (especially when combined with grindfests), so i tend to skip turn based rpgs altogether nowadays.
Plus it's japanese so I won't even know what I'm doing XD

yeah, most kids like you don't really like and/or appreciate turn based JRPG like us older folks
I think that's why developers are hesitant to release these kind of JRPG outside of japan
I'm a high schooler, and I enjoy turn-based more than actiony games. The turns gives me time to think instead of just bashing a button.
smile.gif
Same. I actually prefer turn based battle systems.
@dgwillia: Radiant Historia is made by part of the people that made Radiata Stories!
tongue.gif

ShineroDark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this game is pretty awesome. Just so you know i didn't really like EO3 cause i like seeing the action. It's a VIDEO game so i want to see something.
lecture.gif
When i want to use my imagination i'll go read a book. By the way I'm not sure but are Tales games JRPG or ARPG?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
Hey! Radiant Historia is out! Yay! (Goes to download it, then places it in microSD then loads AKAIO 1.8.1 with anti-ap turned on.) PLZ WORK!!!
nds.gif

@RoMee
No! Never call it that EVER AGAIN! They are not Japanese-Role-Playing-Games! They are Console-Style Role-Playing-Games! Get it right! JRPG is stereotypical! If you want to keep to Japanese culture then call them LRPG for Light RPG.

Ugh...just watch this video and then watch part 2.

The Real History of RPGs

you can call it anything you want to make yourself happy
wacko.gif

it's a JRPG
cool.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
RoMee said:
DJ91990 said:
Hey! Radiant Historia is out! Yay! (Goes to download it, then places it in microSD then loads AKAIO 1.8.1 with anti-ap turned on.) PLZ WORK!!!
nds.gif

@RoMee
No! Never call it that EVER AGAIN! They are not Japanese-Role-Playing-Games! They are Console-Style Role-Playing-Games! Get it right! JRPG is stereotypical! If you want to keep to Japanese culture then call them LRPG for Light RPG.

Ugh...just watch this video and then watch part 2.

The Real History of RPGs

you can call it anything you want to make yourself happy
wacko.gif

it's a JRPG
cool.gif
Japanese people don't refer to "console-style RPGs" as "light RPGs." They just refer to them as RPGs, or they tack on some fancy title before it, like what Namco Bandai does with the Tales series, or what SEGA does with the Sakura Wars series, for example; though I do agree with many things that guy says, however, I'll keep calling JRPGs JRPGs. To me the term "JRPG" covers a big number of other sub-genres, such as Simulation RPGs, Action RPGs, Turn-based RPGs... all of them made in Japan. If you look at an Action RPG made in Japan and compare it to one made in the west you'll see they have many key differences.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
From what I saw in the trailer, I assume the battle system is like Chrono Cross (btw, it rlz)

And about the action or turned rpg, I like most of rpgs, each style has it's pros and cons (turn-based: sometimes I fell sleep, but I love strategy; action: sometimes smashing X/A is just too easy, but hard Arpgs requires a lot of skills)

tj445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why are you guys arguing again?
You like it, you play it, you dont like it you dont play it.
There is no science to that and no need for History of RPGs
and here i come waiting for some good info for the ACTUAL game i find useless debates about stupid theories geez

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
XXLANCEXX said:
Fel said:
I also hope for an English release because of the supposed number of possibilities and time altering choices.
smile.gif
so its a slim chance

This is why Demon's Soul is now a greatest hits (sure it's on PS3 and not DS, but they are popular). Also, if they could sell 150000 copies of 3D Dot Game Heroes on PS3, they can do something good with this.
Demon Souls Is More Of an MMORPG not a JRPG
Knights in the nightmare
Yggdra Union
and All other JRPGs by atlus don't sell here that well
Cause I'm gonna quote this in my own opinion
America rather have that overrated shit we call Final Fantasy
I like FF but they're are other JRPGs better than that series
I think the Tales Series are better than FF VII

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this game has a pretty high chance of getting localized due to the company behind it.
I'll probably end up loving this game, turn based games are a favorite of mine, it doesn't kill my buttons
happy.gif

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I finally got a chance to play a bit and I love it.

So far the battles were really easy, but I'm only at the prologue, so I'm sure it will get harder eventually. The grid system is quite cool, pushing the enemies on one field to damage them all at once is fun. :>

Controls are either buttons or touch screen (or both, if you feel like it XD). There is no voice acting. The menu is very non-Japanese-reader friendl (Everything is on English or little Icons explain what everything does, so if ppl just want to try the game out without caring for the story, it shouldn't be a problem.)

Storiwise I can't say much yet.. but... TIME TRAVEL! I'm in. I love it. Most of the staff is from Shin Megami Tensei, some from Radiata Stories. So I'm sure the story will take on to a nice, nice direction!

And I'm VERY sure Atlus US will localise the game. Also: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/20/radia...nintendo-power/

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I liked this game because the history of the game. the graphics are bad but if this game launch in english I will play

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miruki said:
I finally got a chance to play a bit and I love it.

So far the battles were really easy, but I'm only at the prologue, so I'm sure it will get harder eventually. The grid system is quite cool, pushing the enemies on one field to damage them all at once is fun. :>

Controls are either buttons or touch screen (or both, if you feel like it XD). There is no voice acting. The menu is very non-Japanese-reader friendl (Everything is on English or little Icons explain what everything does, so if ppl just want to try the game out without caring for the story, it shouldn't be a problem.)

Storiwise I can't say much yet.. but... TIME TRAVEL! I'm in. I love it. Most of the staff is from Shin Megami Tensei, some from Radiata Stories. So I'm sure the story will take on to a nice, nice direction!

And I'm VERY sure Atlus US will localise the game. Also: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/20/radia...nintendo-power/
Good Find
smile.gif
if its in nintendo power then its gonna get localized lol
smile.gif
yay
@Pablo
This is one of the best looking DS JRPG

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
Giga_Gaia said:
XXLANCEXX said:
Fel said:
smile.gif
so its a slim chance

Demon Souls Is More Of an MMORPG not a JRPG
Knights in the nightmare
Yggdra Union
and All other JRPGs by atlus don't sell here that well
Cause I'm gonna quote this in my own opinion
America rather have that overrated shit we call Final Fantasy
I like FF but they're are other JRPGs better than that series
I think the Tales Series are better than FF VII
Are you saying Shin Megumi Tensai games don't sell well here in America? I would like to beg a differ, they wouldn't have released any SMT on the ds if they didn't sell good in the US. Also the Persona games are pretty popular, and then there are titles like Luminous Arc. And Atlus has a lot of other games that aren't very known but are still localized.

Ontopic: Can't wait for the release of this game, seems and looks awesome. I'm happy at least Atlus chooses to localize their games unlike Bamco. We want those Tales of games dammit!

kitetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Inunah said:
RoMee said:
Demonbart said:
basher11 said:
i posted this on the other topic.

"turn based battles"
*skips this game because of your post*
Seriously, I think there's a lot of great rpgs out there, but I just hate turn based battles (especially when combined with grindfests), so i tend to skip turn based rpgs altogether nowadays.
Plus it's japanese so I won't even know what I'm doing XD

yeah, most kids like you don't really like and/or appreciate turn based JRPG like us older folks
I think that's why developers are hesitant to release these kind of JRPG outside of japan
It's because everyone wants action and it's hard for them young'uns to immerse themselves in the story if they can't move around their character 100% of the time.

Excuse me, but I was raised in the early NES era and was, for a time, a huge turn-based RPG addict. Nowadays I have no patience for them, especially when the core concept has gotten stale in my mouth, and the market being oversaturated with samey titles and anti-progressive otaku fans, the only saving graces left being titles with relatable charm like Persona. Nevermind that I'm 22 years old at the time of writing this deathbed message, 10 years is long enough for me to notice that, no matter how flashy the attacks, it still won't let me do it by button input.

tl;dr I got bored.

To me, all turn-based RPGs should jump into the next level by means of roguelike-ish gameplay, and even then that's another problem in itself, because more often than not, japan's roguelikes are so simple that I could've sworn it was made for idiots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.