DS #5018: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies (USA)

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Actually some games have done that.

That's really awesome, haha.
But do you know if this is non-linear?

QUOTE(Infinite Zero @ Jul 10 2010, 05:06 AM) ^Ah why complain? Xenon is just helpingothers and if it causes you problem then you dont have the right to whine

People don't know how not to whine.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
SylvWolf said:
Only real "solution" I've found is to not use a party of 4. I've been grinding a party of 3, and I'll see how it goes later in the story.
i can play with a party of 4 with no problems at a stable 30fps
Haven't you already said multiple times that you're playing on an emu? Most (if not all) flashcards and even the retail card have the slowdown issue on a 4-man party.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SylvWolf said:
Bladexdsl said:
SylvWolf said:
Only real "solution" I've found is to not use a party of 4. I've been grinding a party of 3, and I'll see how it goes later in the story.
i can play with a party of 4 with no problems at a stable 30fps
Haven't you already said multiple times that you're playing on an emu? Most (if not all) flashcards and even the retail card have the slowdown issue on a 4-man party.

Actually, a few people in the thread said that the game runs faster for them, faster than a retail.

tenja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
How bad is the slowdown for you guys? i'm having it as well,but just minor dip here and there,but tolerable. compare to Blue dragon which is scary as hell when the frame drop and kinda impossible to play multiplayer which slow down all the way....

Also,anyone with a Japan kingston(or whatever top of the line MiniSD)on AK2i have any comment?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SylvWolf said:
flashcards and even the retail card have the slowdown issue on a 4-man party.
131377578v6_225x225_Front.jpg

Kronusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
edit: why not try format your SD card and repatch the game on another clean rom

Itried that too, either i have 2 bad acekards or 2 bad MicroSD's or there is something else going on here, perhaps its a difference between the different hardware builds i think mine are all "80". well i will just wait for the new loaders in the mean time, they always help me.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Using a no cracktro version on my AK 2i, works perfectly with AKAIO 1.7. No lags, etc...

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
hmmm,,,,
i had never realise on slow down issue.......
is it that obvious?

Kronusdark said:
elixirdream said:

Itried that too, either i have 2 bad acekards or 2 bad MicroSD's or there is something else going on here, perhaps its a difference between the different hardware builds i think mine are all "80". well i will just wait for the new loaders in the mean time, they always help me.

why not download the cheat database and use the game enabler code!
use the cheat code on the clean rom!

Orel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
asapy said:
Here's the simplest patch for BAHAMUT's clean release. (credit to a 2ch dude)
The loading speed is slightly faster than XENOM's or intro removed XENOM's.
And it should work on (i)Edge too...

CRC: aace5e9c -> eb483904
Code:
00004420: 1C 00 9F E5 00 10 90 E5 18 20 9F E5 02 00 51 E1
00004430: 14 10 9F 05 08 10 80 05 10 10 9F 05 B4 10 80 05
00004440: 1E FF 2F E1 A4 8A 1D 02 F0 95 5F E1 56 A7 A9 39
00004450: 3E BE AA 36
00004A18: 80 FE FF EA

IPS Patch
*Lol sorry on commenting on this late*
Confirmed working on Wood 1.10, played about an hour and a half by now and all good.
Excellent game :3

Kronusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
hmmm,,,,
i had never realise on slow down issue.......
is it that obvious?

Kronusdark said:
elixirdream said:

why not download the cheat database and use the game enabler code!
use the cheat code on the clean rom!

cool i didnt know there was a code, im trying it now!

derekg49

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great game - just wondering if anyone has found Sellma at Quester's Rest?
I think you need to talk to her to get to the wifi store - anyone know anything about this?

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
Hey, when do you get to recruit people? I am grinding right now to do the whight knight guy. I am 3 levels higher so I hope I can beat him.

Bridgy84 said:
Anyone else just keep playing this fulling knowing they will be doing it all over again when they pick up their retail copy Sunday morning!!
I just play it on my flashcart, buy to support the developers and it looks nice in my collection. Though the buying part is rare, I do it for rare games like DQ9 which the developers weren't sure if they even were going to localise it. We have to support them.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
i do a lot of grinding (for gold), i try to max out eq in each town, or ALL party members

just Because you are playing the ROM you don't have to stop using the Rom
you can still buy the game a keep playing the ROM

when you get get to the 2nd town, go to the INN, and you can make your party

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I find it strange how many people are complaining about the slowdown. I'm using an R4 with Wood and what I'm pretty sure is a generic nameless microSD, and I've found the lag to be completely tolerable. It actually looks more like a frameskip in an emulator than slowdown to me, as it hardly hinders my gameplay at all.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
I find it strange how many people are complaining about the slowdown. I'm using an R4 with Wood and what I'm pretty sure is a generic nameless microSD, and I've found the lag to be completely tolerable. It actually looks more like a frameskip in an emulator than slowdown to me, as it hardly hinders my gameplay at all.

When I upgraded from an R4 with an SD to an AceKard with an SDHC I definitely noticed more slowdown on 3D games.

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
There is slowdown?

I haven't noticed any. Also, using Wood R4 with some generic microSD.

QUOTE(Ryupower @ Jul 10 2010, 04:20 PM) i do a lot of grinding (for gold), i try to max out eq in each town, or ALL party members

just Because you are playing the ROM you don't have to stop using the Rom
you can still buy the game a keep playing the ROM

when you get get to the 2nd town, go to the INN, and you can make your party
Which town, I didn't see anything in Stornway, well I did but isn't that for the co-op? I check again to see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s