DS #5018: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies (USA)

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
ohhhhhhh
i get you..!
you are asking for the meaning... alright

EDIT:
style means fashion... that means how good you looks! i am not sure how related is this on DQ9
in the previous DQ, style was used for fashion contest
Do you happen to know what each stat does? >_> lol it's kinda confusing. I'm not even sure Agility is used to determine turn order. If not, I'm mostly curious about Deftness, Resilience, and Charm.
ohnoes.png
Also weird how they have both Strength and Attack. ;[

Eito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
GyroidFanatic said:
Eito said:
Am i the only one with problems on the save?

The save gets corrupted and i can't play :/
What card are you using?

A R4 Clone, Upgrade III Revoution IIRC.

The thing is, it loads with the Venom patched rom, no problems at creating characters, i got into the angels place, saved and the file got corrupted
frown.gif

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
About the slowdown, it happens on the real cart as well, see this line in a professional review-

QUOTE said:
There are internal negatives. The fact that you never quite know in which order your party will attack an enemy makes strategy in the more demanding battles difficult and scuppers the feature whereby successive attacks increase a damage multiplier bonus until the chain is broken. Likewise, the slowdown that often hits the game when exploring with a full party in tow sometimes tips over the threshold of acceptability.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/dragon-q...s-review?page=2

Well, that's good to know. I kind of figured, though, because of how good the game looks.

yzak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
game is awesome it takes mmo elements (right down to the excessive grinding
tongue.gif
) and puts them into a DQ game

iono the game feels a bit bland to me. battle system is really basic and the story is not up to DQ standards. imo =P

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing the Xenom release, and in the first anime you watch (when you deliver the crystals to the tree and become a human, the video lags. The sound finishes first than the video!

What's the problem here? I doubt is the game. Maybe the AP isn't fully cracked? Is it my Supercard DSTwo?

yzak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overwhelming said:
I'm playing the Xenom release, and in the first anime you watch (when you deliver the crystals to the tree and become a human, the video lags. The sound finishes first than the video!

What's the problem here? I doubt is the game. Maybe the AP isn't fully cracked? Is it my Supercard DSTwo?

it shouldnt be, a lot of users are having great success with the SC2

stalker017

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know why this game is so hyped. I played IV and V and honestly they both suck.

Another shovelware coming from Squeenix.
closedeyes.gif

saitama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stalker017 said:
I don't know why this game is so hyped. I played IV and V and honestly they both suck.

Another shovelware coming from Squeenix.
closedeyes.gif

"The sale was the largest post-2000 debut week sale which broken the record previously held by the former title, Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King and with over 4 million copies shipped Dragon Quest IX is as of September 25, 2009 on track for becoming the most popular and best-selling Nintendo DS game ever"

Yeah the fastest selling game ever made is shovelware, damn troll. Not to mention DraQue VIII held the previous record. DraQue IX already beat Final Fantasy VIII which was the highest pre-2000 selling game.

Dragon Quest games are some of the best games ever made in terms of story and entertainment.

Downloaded it early today and playing perfectly fine on my AceKard2i with AKAIO 1.7

One of my Japanese friends who is female doesn't like gaming but for some reason she plays every single DraQue title that is released, that also says a lot.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yzak said:
Bladexdsl said:
game is awesome it takes mmo elements (right down to the excessive grinding
tongue.gif
) and puts them into a DQ game

iono the game feels a bit bland to me. battle system is really basic and the story is not up to DQ standards. imo =P
where have you played up to? have you created a party yet and are perfecting them?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Wombo Combo said:
I'm going to laugh when the AP is actually near the end of the game and it kicks in and deletes your game save.That... would be hilarious XD
Then it tells you, "Thank you for pirating!"

So is this game non-linear?
I've been too busy to play mine
frown.gif
Actually some games have done that.
http://starmen.net/mother2/gameinfo/antipiracy/

At $C3FDC5 is another checksum routine that goes through $C0A11C-$C0A150. This one is called after Pokey turns off the Devil's Machine. If any data in that range has been changed, the checksum fails, the game deletes all your saved games (seriously) and then it crashes/freezes up. Neat. You can see it in action here:
It's got a video of it, too.

czekers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Man, these framerate issues are making me angry. Is there any way to get rid of them? Wood R4, xenom version.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
czekers said:
Man, these framerate issues are making me angry. Is there any way to get rid of them? Wood R4, xenom version.
Only real "solution" I've found is to not use a party of 4. I've been grinding a party of 3, and I'll see how it goes later in the story.

Other than the slowdown, though, the game is awesome. And I'm still mesmerized by the cracktro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum