DS #4957: River City Soccer Hooligans (USA)

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seo_something said:
sorta reminds me a little bit of super dodge ball.
tongue.gif
Not a coincidence, since Super Dodge Ball was a game in the same series as River City Random in Japan. (As was Nintendo World Cup -- they were all Kunio-Kun games that were, for some reason, released as unrelated titles in the US.)

(Although you probably already knew that, and I'm sure someone else has already pointed this out.)

Also, it's cool that they're trying to release all the games under one label here, now, and establish the brand -- I always thought it was sort of a pity that they released them as unrelated games back in the NES era, since part of the joke was the silly cartoonish ultraviolence that they brought to everything.

Of course, the really big joke in the setting (the Samurai one, which took the schoolkids from the Kunio-Kun / River City Ransom / Super Dodge Ball / etc games and put them in an Edo-era samurai epic, using River City Ransom mechanics) was never released in the US at all. I hope they remake it -- it was hilarious. Although many of its mechanics were borrowed for the RCR remake.

eife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
N-TG said:
Testing in Wood 1.09 for R4
doesn't fix it...

And the funny thing is that I got rid of R4 1.18 because Wood is running better almost all the games that R4 couldn't run and this is a game that R4 can run but Wood can't...

Talk about bad luck :S

noooooo

tested it with YSmenu too?

[EDIT] wait : 2 answers saying the contraries... so it works finaly?

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
eife said:
N-TG said:
Testing in Wood 1.09 for R4
doesn't fix it...

And the funny thing is that I got rid of R4 1.18 because Wood is running better almost all the games that R4 couldn't run and this is a game that R4 can run but Wood can't...

Talk about bad luck :S

noooooo

tested it with YSmenu too?

[EDIT] wait : 2 answers saying the contraries... so it works finaly?

Because I saw that I will try patching it again and see...
OK IT WORKED

And I saw that my card reader is busted because when I patched it I did it when the rom was still inside the sdcard... And it didn't work because my card reader
hate2.gif
did change the "Date Modified" but in reality it was the same file (unpatched)
Wood R4 1.09

hahahahaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Er, could someone put it on something besides Rapidshare or Megaupload? My com cannot download from either of those sites for some reason...

cowboycoder77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone explain some general gameplay hints/tactics please?

I can only beat the lowest ranked teams on the normal difficulty setting and I get the feeling I'm seriously missing something in terms of how the game is supposed to be played.

Thanks in advance.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
cowboycoder77 said:
Can anyone explain some general gameplay hints/tactics please?

I can only beat the lowest ranked teams on the normal difficulty setting and I get the feeling I'm seriously missing something in terms of how the game is supposed to be played.

Thanks in advance.

striking the ball hard or using special attack doesn't guaranty a goal
try lob the ball over the goal keeper...
try dash as fast as you can and launch the special attack
if the goal keeper got hit hard and fall then try to grab the rebound and score
sometimes a normal shot will also result a goal...

my advise.. try play the training (continuous play) mode to get familar with what you can do
tongue.gif

cowboycoder77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. That seems to be helping. In a proper match though is it better to try and score yourself of leave it to the forwards? I kept passing it to the strikers but they rarely seem to do anything useful. Thanks again.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noname9889 said:
kthnxshwn said:
If anyone know how to play this aside from Y to shoot, B to jump, A to pass etc, PLEASE let me know.
On the press start screen, theres a full tutorial of how to play, just cycle through things with L/R
If that's all it takes to learn how to play this game then I must be doing something incredibly wrong. I understand soccer scores are supposed to be in the single digits etc, but I can't score at all.

avach

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Apextreme said:
avach said:
Hola!!

I'm new around here and I live in Chile. My English is very bad or poor...
unsure.gif

I have a problem whit this game. I like this game very much from the NES age (nintendo world cup and kunio nekketsu soccer[world cup 2] if they like to name it so).

I have a NDS lite whit dstt card, firmware or ver. 1.17a12 and the game NO PRESS START to play!! WTF!!
hate2.gif

can anyone help me to start the game on my dstt?

greetings from chile

im from chile too my friend. Here is your answer:
si hubieras leido todo el topic sabrías que este problema ya se planteó y se está buscando una solución. Por favor aprendan, y esto va para todo que lea, a ver los topics enteros y no sólo los últimos posts. Es una falta de respeto hacia los otros usuarios

sorry for writing in spanish there; i know it is an english forum.
thanks for replying : y si lei todo el topico desde la primera pagina... pero creeme que no soy muy bueno para el ingles y pense que se me habia perdido algo... ademas por conclusion propia AP=anti-pirateria? Un saludo.... greetings from chile

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
cowboycoder77 said:
Thanks. That seems to be helping. In a proper match though is it better to try and score yourself of leave it to the forwards? I kept passing it to the strikers but they rarely seem to do anything useful. Thanks again.

depends...
if i am not wrong.. you can actually instruct them on what to do
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far