DS #4945: Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA)

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
RupeeClock said:
I bet Nintendo did no sort of fixing at all.
Instead, they transferred your current gamesave to a 1.1 cart.
I've seen people saying something about completely losing your saved games after sending them your cartridge - so it's probable that they just got rid of your game and sent you a new one. Hilarious but annoying at the same time.

QUOTE(elixirdream @ Jun 11 2010, 02:25 AM) this is also known as the australia version
smile.gif
OH DEAR GOD I HOPE THE SLOTS HAVEN'T BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS VERSION.
Even though Bulbapedia only seems to mention their removal on the European versions.

[EDIT] I got tired of waiting and decided to test stuff by myself.
So it seems that this version INDEED fixes the GTS problem. Enjoy being able to see the levels of what people ask for, if they're asking for anything at an specific level (it doesn't show up if they don't).
The slots seem to be perfectly fine too, and yes, v1 saves are compatible.
I don't know if there's any other problem in v1 though (other than the obvious Acid Rain, but if I'm not mistaken that's still in HG/SS so it's most certainly not fixed here) so I guess this is all I can do.

[EDIT2] I don't know if the saves are 100% compatible though, so I advise only using this new ROM if you're going to start a new game. They're probably fully compatible but I'd rather keep playing my current version.

Lorin Wavine

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo published DS games in Australia are the US versions not the Europe ones. It's apparent with Pokemon Platinum (though in this case it was v1.1 and released a year ago) and Spirit Tracks which had the American names despite the packaging being the Europe version (including an instruction booklet with Europe names). So general rule an Australian Nintendo published game is recognised by the US version game, Europe packaging and box (with all the Australian changes like different Club Nintendo and OFLC rating) and a AUS on the sticker.

Not always the case though with Square Enix games for example being Europe versions.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Lorin Wavine said:
Nintendo published DS games in Australia are the US versions not the Europe ones. It's apparent with Pokemon Platinum (though in this case it was v1.1 and released a year ago) and Spirit Tracks which had the American names despite the packaging being the Europe version (including an instruction booklet with Europe names). So general rule an Australian Nintendo published game is recognised by the US version game, Europe packaging and box (with all the Australian changes like different Club Nintendo and OFLC rating) and a AUS on the sticker.

Not always the case though with Square Enix games for example being Europe versions.

Wrong. Australia NDS (and other Nintendo systems) games are Europe/UK ones by default. Only certain games match USA games or are specific AUS localizations. For the pokemon franchise, all ENG versions (USA/EUR-UK/AUS) share the xxxE USA serial, but sometimes certain higher revisions are available only to specific regions in that list.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lorin Wavine said:

i dare you to try the australian version of sonic collection on your DSi.
on most DSi-enhanced games in the EU it states the games only work on EU/AUS DSi units, so australia falls under europe for DS(i) games, with occasionally a specific australia release when australia is less uptight about certain issues than europe(like gambling)

gordunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
Lorin Wavine said:

i dare you to try the australian version of sonic collection on your DSi.
on most DSi-enhanced games in the EU it states the games only work on EU/AUS DSi units, so australia falls under europe for DS(i) games, with occasionally a specific australia release when australia is less uptight about certain issues than europe(like gambling)

Australia being less uptight than the rest of the world about gaming? Yeah right...look at what they did to L4D2. But mostly I would assume that AUS only versions of games are games that had to be censored in some way just to make it into the country.

Aroenai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zurren said:
... - but the fact that the v1.1 only came out NOW is a bit weird.
And speaking of weird things, a certain somewhere says this version came out on the 5th. What.

Maybe someone just recently got the game, dumped it themselves, and realized it didn't match any of the known hash values. Independent releases usually come after a No-Intro user submits hash info to their database.

QUOTE(elixirdream @ Jun 10 2010, 11:25 PM) this is also known as the australia version
smile.gif

It's not, my cart had the same hash when I dumped it myself and I'm in the US.

D

Deleted-236924

RupeeClock said:
I bet Nintendo did no sort of fixing at all.
Instead, they transferred your current gamesave to a 1.1 cart.

I believe they just send you a new cartridge and doesn't even transfer the save file on the new one.
I would suggest backing up the save file somehow, then deleting it off the cart, then sending it to Nintendo.

Then once you receive the fixed version, transfer your save file back to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently