MrCheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Rubedo said:
MrCheco said:
What are those.bbs files? Are they for the bbstomml exe? If this is true, then how do you make .bbs files?

bbs files = bdx files for Daigasso! Band Brothers (the first game)
You can load them into BDXtool and it'll export them as BDX files.
They tend to have volume level problems when loaded into DBBDX/JWTB though. Not always, but sometimes.

Thanks

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
Yasu's tool works fine without splitting the save like you have to for the degausser. Just use you untouched save file. Worked great for me.
Except that IIRC, you can only import songs into the custom list with BDXtool, not the download list which degausser can, giving that much more space.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squall23 said:
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
Yasu's tool works fine without splitting the save like you have to for the degausser. Just use you untouched save file. Worked great for me.
Except that IIRC, you can only import songs into the custom list with BDXtool, not the download list which degausser can, giving that much more space.
True but it's at least a start. If you're having trouble getting degausser working then at least you can still use yasu's tool and import some songs.

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I got my hand on a converter and it works alright with at least half of the midis i can get so i'll make a pack too soon with Game and Nowdays musics

Maxkhoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Palau
FTommy said:
I got my hand on a converter and it works alright with at least half of the midis i can get so i'll make a pack too soon with Game and Nowdays musics

cant wait :-)

actually which music quality is better?

midi or bdx?

thanks.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FTommy said:

There's a reason why I haven't linked to the Midi > BBS converter.
Because everything it churns out sounds like SHIT.
But by all means, try it for yourself. I won't be including them in the Mega Pack, unless you're lucky enough to get it to make something halfway decent (approximately a 1% chance).

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maxkhoon said:
FTommy said:

midi or bdx?

thanks.
there isn't truly a quality difference between the 2 formats.
essentially they are both nothing more than collections of notecharts tagged with an instrument identifier.
any quality difference between the 2 is caused by the instrument data used by the playback software, and not by whatever is stored in the files themselves.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
Maxkhoon said:
FTommy said:

midi or bdx?

thanks.
there isn't truly a quality difference between the 2 formats.
essentially they are both nothing more than collections of notecharts tagged with an instrument identifier.
any quality difference between the 2 is caused by the instrument data used by the playback software, and not by whatever is stored in the files themselves.

Technically there IS a difference. There are far more options in the JWTB/DBBDX editor than in the DBB editor. For example, you couldn't even change the tempo mid-song in DBB.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A MIDI to BBS converter will only work well if the MIDI was composed/made in mind (start from scratch) for Band Brothers (DX). You can't grab/download someone's work, put it into the converter and expect it to sound as good as the original MIDI.

If you're loading a BBS file for DBBDX/JwtB at least you get the chance to edit/adjust the song post-converted.

Rubedo said:
Technically there IS a difference. There are far more options in the JWTB/DBBDX editor than in the DBB editor. For example, you couldn't even change the tempo mid-song in DBB.
You can change tempo in DBB... if tempo change was already noted on the MIDI.
tongue.gif

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Rubedo said:
FTommy said:

But by all means, try it for yourself. I won't be including them in the Mega Pack, unless you're lucky enough to get it to make something halfway decent (approximately a 1% chance).

Like i'd want my songs in your Megapack..tch..Actually i don't get why are people so rude here.

About the quality,i'm won't be converting midis that sounds ghey so don't worry.Also if you have any good midis on your hands(this goes for all of you) send the link or the midi itself to me and i'll see if i can do it.
yaynds.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FTommy said:
Rubedo said:
FTommy said:

Like i'd want my songs in your Megapack..tch..Actually i don't get why are people so rude here.

About the quality,i'm won't be converting midis that sounds ghey so don't worry.Also if you have any good midis on your hands(this goes for all of you) send the link or the midi itself to me and i'll see if i can do it.
yaynds.gif

I don't think you understand. I'm not being rude.
The Midi > BBS converter sucks, no matter what kind of midi you use.
Also, you have no room to talk about being rude, what with how you use "ghey" as an insult.

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
"ghey" is a relation word for bad IMO

Anyway not ALL midis turns out being crap when u play it in JWTB.I only gonna release the songs that i tested and sounds okay that's all.It's up to you if you try them or not,i'm not forcing anyone

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FTommy said:
"ghey" is a relation word for bad IMO

What you are doing is insulting gay people. By using it in such a word, you are insinuating that being gay is something bad. I think you should rethink your word choices.

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Whatever,At least i'm trying to do something to have more songs cuz i'm sure that most of the people don't even know at least the half of the songs you have in your pack.I'm trying to make a little more...how would i say..famous songs the most of the peoples know.

Also i need a little bit of help with the converter since the edited names sometimes have a lot of "?" at the end of the song names.Anyone?

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FTommy said:
Whatever,At least i'm trying to do something to have more songs cuz i'm sure that most of the people don't even know at least the half of the songs you have in your pack.I'm trying to make a little more...how would i say..famous songs the most of the peoples know.

Also i need a little bit of help with the converter since the edited names sometimes have a lot of "?" at the end of the song names.Anyone?

Put them in a save and start the game.
I'm not sure what the menu names are, since I haven't played JWTB yet (stupid team cyclops...)
From the main menu.
Middle option
Right option
Top option
Bottom option
Bottom option
Pick the song
The option with the wrench on it
Top left option
Rename it

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Team Cyclops released a "fix" that doesn't fix it because it creates a 16 MB save file instead of a 32 MB one.
Can anyone send me their 32 MB save?

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where does one find the Japanese sites with the BDX or BBS files on them? I may be oblivious but somehow I can't seem to find them. I know I found plenty back when this was released in Japanese but I can't relocate them. :/

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does it work or not on cyclo?
the game has a 32MB save, but it effectively needs no more than 8MB(i think even as little as 5MB) to store savedata(including custom/downloaded songs)
they could've set it as 16MB to save some space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm this video is clickbait