Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Axelsoul said:
Maxkhoon said:
rolleyes.gif
really glad it's fix~

so far the bdx files only work on bdxtool but not deggauser?

thanks.

What you talking bout, Degausser works for me.

liar. degausser wont work on Jam With The Band

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anybody notice when you select a country like Australia and go to the download list, it says it cannot retrieve the chart data? I wonder if this means Australia will get the game too and they'll have their own download list due to different music licensing. If this true then it also mean you can go back and forth between "countries" to get two different download list. Of course this only apply to people with the real cart.

Also, I found a "trick" for those who want to use degausser to add in songs, especially using the download slot. degausser will only accept a save file that's 8MB (and IMO should be the true save file size). Of course this only apply to WOOD user right now. You have to figure out a way to trim the 32MB save file to 8MB. A nice and free program called HJ-Split will do the job. Before you start MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVE JUST IN CASE.

- Download and unrar/unzip it.
- Copy your save to the unrar/unzip folder.
- Start program "hjsplit.exe" and select "split".
- Select "input file" and select your save file. Double-click it or hit open.
- Where it says "Split file size" type in "8" and in the drop-down menu select "Mbytes".
- Select "Start". Now there should be four new files in the unrar/unzip folder named "[filename].nds.sav.001" to "[filename].nds.sav.004"
- Close program.
- Start program "degausser.exe" and go to File > Open SAV > and select "[filename].nds.sav.001".
Note that you need to change the files of type from "SAV Files (*.sav)" to "All Files (*.*)".
- Add songs!

- When finish, save file and start up "hjsplit.exe" and select "join".
- Select "input file" and select "[filename].nds.sav.001". Double-click it or hit open.
- Change location of the output file or else it will overwrite the old 32MB save file.
- Select "Start".
- Move save file back to microSD card and enjoy!

WarioMCP

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.theclassicgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read through this entire thread yet (though I have read at least 20 pages of it) but has there been a fix for the M3 Real? There hasn't been any firmware updates since this game came out so I've assumed that there hasn't, but there's no shame in asking (and bumping the thread back to page one).

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
WarioMCP said:
I haven't read through this entire thread yet (though I have read at least 20 pages of it) but has there been a fix for the M3 Real? There hasn't been any firmware updates since this game came out so I've assumed that there hasn't, but there's no shame in asking (and bumping the thread back to page one).
I don't think you can bump threads back to page 1 on the NDS release subforum...

ayoung7227

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a AK2i and I have been tinkering around with the bdx tool and noticed the sav file end up being 512 kb and knowing that the SAV must be 8 mb I tried creating the SAV file in DX Degausser. I then placed the newly created SAV file and used it with the bdx tool and hoped it would maybe trigger something but no luck. Maybe someone would like to play around with the file I created and maybe know more about what to do to get it working? Let me know and I will email it to you. I put like 5 songs on the file.

Thanks!

yaywii.gif

Asho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lookie401 said:
Anybody notice when you select a country like Australia and go to the download list, it says it cannot retrieve the chart data? I wonder if this means Australia will get the game too and they'll have their own download list due to different music licensing. If this true then it also mean you can go back and forth between "countries" to get two different download list. Of course this only apply to people with the real cart.

Also, I found a "trick" for those who want to use degausser to add in songs, especially using the download slot. degausser will only accept a save file that's 8MB (and IMO should be the true save file size). Of course this only apply to WOOD user right now. You have to figure out a way to trim the 32MB save file to 8MB. A nice and free program called HJ-Split will do the job. Before you start MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SAVE JUST IN CASE.

- Download and unrar/unzip it.
- Copy your save to the unrar/unzip folder.
- Start program "hjsplit.exe" and select "split".
- Select "input file" and select your save file. Double-click it or hit open.
- Where it says "Split file size" type in "8" and in the drop-down menu select "Mbytes".
- Select "Start". Now there should be four new files in the unrar/unzip folder named "[filename].nds.sav.001" to "[filename].nds.sav.004"
- Close program.
- Start program "degausser.exe" and go to File > Open SAV > and select "[filename].nds.sav.001".
Note that you need to change the files of type from "SAV Files (*.sav)" to "All Files (*.*)".
- Add songs!

- When finish, save file and start up "hjsplit.exe" and select "join".
- Select "input file" and select "[filename].nds.sav.001". Double-click it or hit open.
- Change location of the output file or else it will overwrite the old 32MB save file.
- Select "Start".
- Move save file back to microSD card and enjoy!
Hah, it worked! Thanks, man!

By the way, custom slot 1 is indeed read as DL slot 51 by degausser.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lookie401 said:
degausser will only accept a save file that's 8MB (and IMO should be the true save file size).
According to z.g, the size of the save chip is 32MByte, same as Wario. However, it is unlikely that the game would write that much data, which means, the save type really is 32MByte, but the game does not use all that space.

MrCheco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I love JWTB and I have a newbie question. Is there some program to create bdx files with my own mp3 or midis? I´m no expert in music but many of them sound pretty good to be man-made (the anime ones for example). Also thanks to Rubedo and everyone else for the mega pack.

Asho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
logical thinker said:
Lookie401 said:
degausser will only accept a save file that's 8MB (and IMO should be the true save file size).
According to z.g, the size of the save chip is 32MByte, same as Wario. However, it is unlikely that the game would write that much data, which means, the save type really is 32MByte, but the game does not use all that space.

I'm guessing they switched to a NAND chip for the European release (the Iwata Asks for DIY mentions long save times in Band Bros DX), and then they didn't bother to make a smaller one.

QUOTE(MrCheco @ Jun 1 2010, 12:48 AM)
I love JWTB and I have a newbie question. Is there some program to create bdx files with my own mp3 or midis? I´m no expert in music but many of them sound pretty good to be man-made (the anime ones for example). Also thanks to Rubedo and everyone else for the mega pack.
There is no such thing other than transcribing notes from a midi composer. There ARE anime fans that good at music out there.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree, I don't think they would bother to make a smaller one. NAND is so cheap, nowadays.

My memory is not clear, but I think there was a MIDI - BBS converter. I have a file name "bbstomidi" in my PC, too lazy to check what it is/does and I don't care too much, I suck at music games.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Regarding someone's complaint that Ai Senshi and Trust You Forever gave an error when they were inserted into BDX Tool, this is likely because BDX Tool (on computers not running in Japanese language mode) cannot load special characters, such as Japanese itself or things like that little dot in Ai Senshi's name and will give an error. Just delete anything that's not plain English text and it should work fine.

Also, I have good news!
A friend of mine has downloaded a few songs from DBBDX Wi-Fi and will be providing us with some brand new BDX files! However, he's not going to rip them until he's decided that he's finished downloading new songs, so it may be a few days before he sends them my way, but when he does I'll post them here and of course, add them in the next version of the pack.

I know what some of them are, and I'm sure you guys will be pleased with some of them... but I'm not going to tell you just yet
biggrin.gif
You'll have to wait and see!

Archenyte

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Metal Overlord said:
If everyone wants to play this game so much then why don't they just buy it because I am
gbasp.gif

Many of us can play Daigasso Band Brothers DX, which is pretty much the same thing (not too much of a language barrier). Many of us are just waiting for a fix so we can have those songs from Daigasso imported to Jam with the Band.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've long since given up on waiting for a Cyclo fix for this. The space this was going to occupy on my card is now reserved for the Megaman Zero Collection in a week. Which had better work...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7