DS #4708: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing (USA)

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mumagain said:
I've got four kids, three with R4's and one with a DSTT and they all want to play Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing.
frown.gif
They are driving me
wacko.gif
What's the cheapest alternative to their cards?
Acekard 2i $12

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to get this to work on my AK2i using the guide to swap ARM7's. I follow the instructions perfectly and even unpacked the rom after I was done to check if the proper Arm7 was in it. I held X when booting and it didn't work (same save error), tried holding A, and holding nothing and it was a no go. Any suggestions? (Sim City (J)(WRG)) was the filename for the rom I got the Arm7 from).

Edit: Running AKAIO 1.5.1

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nevermind, I figured it out. I just didn't have the last loader that came out. One problem with it tho, I can't seem to close my DS for sleepmode. If I do, when I open it it's just 2 black screens with the light flashing as if it's still in sleep mode.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
R4 and DSTT users, don't lose hope, it appears they are working on a patch for this game see here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=210705&st=0

notice:
4638 - Bookworm
4666 - Bejeweled Twist
4639 - Jam Sessions 2
4731 - Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing
4753 - Sonic Classic Collection
4750 - Alice In Wonderland
3906 - NRL Mascot Mania
3903 - AFL Mascot Minor

so maybe
unsure.gif

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
sonictopfan said:
R4 and DSTT users, don't lose hope, it appears they are working on a patch for this game see here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=210705&st=0

notice:
4638 - Bookworm
4666 - Bejeweled Twist
4639 - Jam Sessions 2
4731 - Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing
4753 - Sonic Classic Collection
4750 - Alice In Wonderland
3906 - NRL Mascot Mania
3903 - AFL Mascot Minor

so maybe
unsure.gif
I was looking at both of these topics to find the patch so hopefully the new extinfo.dat is going to be released by tommorow
yay.gif

eSPy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rockstar said:
Cards That can currently play this game:
1.Acekard 2/2i/RPG(Arm7 Fix With SimCity(J)+Hold X While Booting ROM)
2.M3i Zero/Real(Arm7 Fix With Ace Attorney Investigations)
3.CycloDS Evolution(Update to latest BETA Firmware)
4.Supercard DSONE(Clean Mode On EOS With SD Speed Set To 3)
5.G6 DS Real(No Patch Required)
6.EDGE (Firmware v1.8)
7.EZ Flash V/Vi(Use European ROM)

um...probably a dumb question, but where do they have v1.8 firmware for edge? their site only has 1.7
http://www.edge-ds.cn/download.html

edit: snaps...just changed the link to: http://www.edge-ds.cn/downloads/EDGE-OS-1.8.zip from http://www.edge-ds.cn/downloads/EDGE-OS-1.7.zip
works now
gbasp.gif

thrashman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this sucks with Acekard
Sonic classic collection works with 1.5
Sonic all stars racing works with 1.5.1
Not vice versa
Hopefully a new version of the AKAIO comes out soon

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if there's a way to get a power boost at the beginning of a race? I've tried revving up at different spots in the countdown, but no luck so far.
unsure.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Anyone know if there's a way to get a power boost at the beginning of a race? I've tried revving up at different spots in the countdown, but no luck so far.
unsure.gif

In the console versions you start revving up right before the 2 pops up and it works. Here, I've tried the same thing and nada. The timer countdown is much faster here. IDK if there even is a starting boost.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: i apologize i didn't know it was illegal to post forum links!

This sucks it's been two weeks already and still no fix for the R4 or DSTT, i would buy a new card if i could but unfortunately these two are the only ones selling in my country
dry.gif
i guess i'll have to wait more since someone promised a patch for Sonic Classic Collection so i think there's hope!

Anyway for those who are playing the game via emulators and are stuck for whichever reason, i can upload my save
wink.gif
i almost finished the game 100%, unlocked everything, beat all missions 10/10 and finished most of the challenges!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
unsure.gif

Here's the method I've found to boost every time off the starting line: (this doesn't seem to work in the PC version, but it does on the DS)

As it is counting down, hold A. Keep holding A all through the countdown and continue holding it while it says "Let's Race". Just before the words "Let's Race" disappear, let go of A and then hold A again. In other words, sorta bounce your thumb off the gas and back on it right before those words disappear and you should shoot off the line in a wheelie and will wreck anyone in line in front of you.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
GeekyGuy said:
unsure.gif

Here's the method I've found to boost every time off the starting line: (this doesn't seem to work in the PC version, but it does on the DS)

As it is counting down, hold A. Keep holding A all through the countdown and continue holding it while it says "Let's Race". Just before the words "Let's Race" disappear, let go of A and then hold A again. In other words, sorta bounce your thumb off the gas and back on it right before those words disappear and you should shoot off the line in a wheelie and will wreck anyone in line in front of you.
I asked this question before, and the simpler answer was just to hold the A button as soon as the 2 fades around halfway across the screen, and you'll go BAM!
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po