DS #4669: Minna no Conveni (Japan)

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
well its an abbreviation of the english word "convenience" (in japanese "konbiniensu"), so surely it really should be "conveni"? that's how i've always read it anyway.

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
However you want to romanize it
tongue.gif

Either Konbini (straight romanized) or Conveni (because it's from convenience)
I would prefer Conveni though...

Er... but I'm not interrested in the game itself.

EDIT: Uh, too late.

Rommstain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I wonder if they'd localise it as "Convenience Store Clerk Mama"... That would be a bit of a mouthful.

bloggingpig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. This is a sim that puts you into a convenience store in Japan (more than any other country per person I believe) as a worker.
This allows kids/teens/etc to pickup what it's like to work in one of these stores that they often visit as customers.

2. Later on, when they stop being Freeters (kids who don't work, use other people's money, and stay at home or friends for free), they can enter the workplace by working part-time at these convenience stores while studying college/etc to become someone. lol.

3. Yes, there's rules for everything there. How to scan items, how to greet, how to stock, how to replenish, etc. It's nowhere near the sloppiness we've got in the USA with 7-11 stores. Nope. Run like a well-oiled selling machine. They've got data streamed to corporate down to the item and minute it's sold, and they will change things around at each store based on weather, holidays, current happenings, etc.
Got a storm coming? They'll move the hot foods to the front and center, push out the cold foods to the back/sides, whip out umbrellas to the front, etc. to maximize sales.

4. You will wish you owned a few of these combini stores in Japan in high-density areas!! They make SO much money, it's crazy!! Like a piggy bank that keeps growing in cash!

5. THAT's A TYPO!!! for you all.
The cover clearly uses 'bi' for konbini.
Translating each character, it's spelled 'mi n na no ko n bi ni'. Someone over at Taito was probably sleeping through English class and accidentally used 'vi', which really doesn't exist romanizing Japanese. And whoever made 4669 first mistakenly used the wrong spelling of the title as well.

100% for sure, the title on the box and all title text on their website in Japanese says "Minna no Konbini".

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
Trivia: Most convenience store chains in Japan will not let you open your own franchised store unless you are currently married.

arella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought this game would be fun, but its VERY boring... its just a bunch of easy touch games that are pooled together. There's no depth to it considering the subject, it could have been a very developed considering the subject matter (ie spending a budget, getting access to certain brands, deciding what to put on the shelves, invoices, hiring)

This is obviously geared to the younger kids.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arella said:
I thought this game would be fun, but its VERY boring... its just a bunch of easy touch games that are pooled together. There's no depth to it considering the subject, it could have been a very developed considering the subject matter (ie spending a budget, getting access to certain brands, deciding what to put on the shelves, invoices, hiring)

This is obviously geared to the younger kids.

Lucky for you, the adult version already exists: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119324&hl=

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think their target are younger kids but I still enjoy playing this.
happy.gif

I think it's more fun than Gardening Mama. But not as fun as Cooking Mama.
Anyway, I kind of like the character designs. The costumes you can change into are very cute too.

Oh, for R4 users, you probably need a fix or a patch to be able to play this game.
Otherwise, the game will freeze after playing for a few minutes.

arella

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DS1 said:
Lucky for you, the adult version already exists: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119324&hl=

Thanks... now that one is way too serious XD I just looked it up on their main site and that one is more of a training sim to teach you about business terms and stuff like that. I'll still try it out though, thanks for suggesting...

Where's a happy medium
rolleyes.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arella said:
DS1 said:

Thanks... now that one is way too serious XD I just looked it up on their main site and that one is more of a training sim to teach you about business terms and stuff like that. I'll still try it out though, thanks for suggesting...

Where's a happy medium
rolleyes.gif

Weeelll, this game series has been going for a long time. I'm sure there's a simpler version, but sadly not for the DS.

However, when this other game came out ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=109770 ), I felt it shared a lot of the same elements, despite being about a clothing store and not a convenience store: Managing inventory, making sure you have advertising and large enough share of customers... but it's very fast paced and much more simple. Some parts are a little buggy, but you can't have everything I guess hahaha.

kimyom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
/// THE UNIVERSAL CHILD'S PLAY PATCH WAS UPDATED!! ///

How to play "Minna no Conveni " on your DSTT and R4

1. Download Patch.rar and get a Patch.exe file from the RAR archive.

2. Drag your ROM and drop it onto the Patch.exe. That's all.

Note:
This path is not only for "Minna no Conveni ". "Minna no Conveni " is one of game to be patched by Universal Child's Play Patch.

The file having the ".bak" extension is the backup copy of the original nds file.

Credit to Rudolph.

Tatsurou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Majin Vegeta said:
However you want to romanize it
tongue.gif

Either Konbini (straight romanized) or Conveni (because it's from convenience)
I would prefer Conveni though...

Er... but I'm not interrested in the game itself.

EDIT: Uh, too late.

Yeah but if you romanize it Conveni then it'd be Conbeni instead of Conbini in Japanese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge