DS #4622: Bookworm (USA)

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
i want to play dis...hope there's a fix soon for acekard 2i and hope popcap makes a version of plant vs zombies to the ds...

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
kingsanto said:
People often ask why some people have more than one type of flashcart. This is the reason why I should.

me too...what's that old saying "keeping all your eggs in one basket"?

xeronut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
Problem with me playing this on GBA is, I keep wanting to make onomatopoeias from hentai with it. I couldn't tell you how many times I saw 'kyuun' or 'aahn' (number of a's variable) and got pissy when they didn't make a word. Shit.

.. I think I might forego testing the ROM and buy this on DS strictly on merit of the GBA title.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
So any news/updates on the fix guys?

Or is there a way to play on AK2i, Supercard DS1 or TTDS?

Thanks

dmentd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the game to load in AKAIO 1.5.1 doing the ARM7 patch and holding x while loading the game, but....... If I choose any type of multiplayer mode I get 2 black screens but I can still hear the game music
wacko.gif

Edit: Redid the arm7 patch, everything works great now...even multiplayer.

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) Download DSbuff from HERE
2) Run DSbuff and click "browse"(first box on top) and choose the BookwormDS rom
3) Choose "unpack" and select a directory (ie. C:\Bookworm)
4) Find another rom to get the arm7.bin file from (I used Simcity DS (J) (follow steps 2 and 3 to unpack this rom)
5) After both roms are unpacked, replace the arm7.bin file from the BookwormDS with the one from the Simcity (or whatever other rom you chose)
6) Click "pack" and choose the directory that you unpacked BookwormDS to
7) Enjoy!

Note: I've only tested it on AceKard 2i with AKAIO 1.5. Hold "X" when loading, otherwise you get save file error.
Note 2: Closing the DS will lock the game up.

gspawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That certainly did the trick, thanks! I realize this probably isn't the appropriate place to ask this, but why exactly does this work?

andPS2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cman1783 said:
1) Download DSbuff from HERE
2) Run DSbuff and click "browse"(first box on top) and choose the BookwormDS rom
3) Choose "unpack" and select a directory (ie. C:\Bookworm)
4) Find another rom to get the arm7.bin file from (I used Simcity DS (J) (follow steps 2 and 3 to unpack this rom)
5) After both roms are unpacked, replace the arm7.bin file from the BookwormDS with the one from the Simcity (or whatever other rom you chose)
6) Click "pack" and choose the directory that you unpacked BookwormDS to
7) Enjoy!

Note: I've only tested it on AceKard 2i with AKAIO 1.5. Hold "X" when loading, otherwise you get save file error.
Note 2: Closing the DS will lock the game up.

doesnt work for R4 unfort.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
dmentd said:
I got the game to load in AKAIO 1.5.1 doing the ARM7 patch and holding x while loading the game,Anyone figured out a way of getting this to run on an AK2i WITHOUT having to remember to press [X] when loading ??.........
....I keep forgetting to do this & I'm getting a little p***ed-off having to reset my DSi everytime I do.

I did post a 'bug report' on AKAIO forums about this in the hope that a new loader is made to 'force' Bookworm to load using the RED Loading... method (similar to how AC:WW does) but the reply I got was
QUOTEif the game is working fine and bug free in the red mode then there is no problem and this is not a bug.
next time read the wiki, it explains all of this.
(& the person locked the post so I couldn't reply)

But surely if you need to 'patch' a game/program every time you want to run it MUST be a type of bug, even if the 'patch' is built into the OS ??

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Post another topic and make it say this:
ROM NUMBER XXXX-Whatever, Bookworm DS
When loading the game either GREEN, RED, or BLUE LOADING... the game will hang at a screen that says:
"The Bookworm DS Save File could not be accessed, please turn off the power and reinsert the DS game card"

If you must use a separate patch then never post it. Always complain that the clean ROM does not work.

I got Bookworm to work %100 on NO$ZOOMER using 64EEPROM setting or whatever it was...it was the one above the lowest.

firespike8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R4 Solution~~~!!!!:

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=10251

Wood R4 Description:
"wood r4 firmware.
one guru from gbx.ru said that this impossible.

this firmware based on wood rpg firmware 1.04. so the same compatibility level and similar features except:
1. softreset doesn't work at the moment. will be fixed.
2. bypass protection option doesn't work. cart limitation.
3. if you change language or/and skin firmware doesn't restart automatically. will be fixed.
4. sources not released. because this is one day hack. then sources will
put in order it will released. for free
smile.gif

thank to Normmatt for support.
"

Wood R4 will load bookworm DS correctly tested it myself tonight and it worked GREAT! Kept all settings default loaded the game normally by tapping A (once without holding down) from the menu and it worked. My mom played it for about 15minutes no crashes glitches ect.

Wood R4 also works on the M3 Simply I believe. HAPPY GAMING
smile.gif

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Mbmax said:
Yeah, it work in clean mode with old kernel and old EZ5v2

Well, it is not working for me on the old good EZ5 (not-i, not-+) and 1.86h kernel.
frown.gif

P.S. Finally time to move to the 2.0 kernel?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.