DS #4622: Bookworm (USA)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this another of those games IGN has grossly over-rated?
rolleyes.gif
Will try, but...those guys.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Is this another of those games IGN has grossly over-rated?
rolleyes.gif
Will try, but...those guys.

While their rating might have been a little much for a game that is a bit this bare bones, somehow Bookworm fights through the odds and deserves that rating. It's an incredibly fun word puzzle game.

I once spent an entire term playing it in my college's computer lab instead of going to US History. Best C- I ever got.

illithid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm hoping that they released Bookworm Adventures next. It's more fun than the original Bookworm because it has some RPG-like elements in it.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh no way... been waiting for this game to come out for ages.

Tried on AK2i with AKAIO and it gets stuck on the "mobi clip" screen. Also tried on SuperCard One and gives me black screens. Was going to try on my TTDS but it seems that also does not work.

Seems like I will be waiting impatiently for a patch
cry.gif

cephalopoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw this dumped ages ago with XXXX number . . . Could the AP on this $20 title be tougher than Zelda?
Hmmm...

Anyway, I'm waiting for crack.

Thanks!

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Never heard of this game before. Did some reading on the GBA version and cant really understand why it is so addicting/attracting. Anyway will need to give this a try.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
is it truly AP or a bad dump since there were some games tht had this problem so better wait and check out the actual situation
i do remember a younger member of my family playing this game and i believe its a very interesting game since u have to connect letters to make words (from the letters available)

elton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Started this game with the GBA and got totally hooked.

Bought the PC version when I saw it in the cheap bin and have not looked back. It's a great game. It could be improved by extending the dictionary to explain the meaning of all worlds but that's just being picky.

It will be great once someone figures how to get it onto M3 and other carts.
smile.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
what do you do in this?
From Gamefaqs:
QUOTESpell F-U-N on the run in an all-new Bookworm for the Nintendo DS! Have an appetite for words? Then join Lex the Bookworm in PopCap's hit word-puzzle game for the Nintendo DS. Link letter tiles left, right, up and down to spell words to keep Lex sated and unearth a vast library. Spell words to fill your bookshelves, unlock 20 themed folios, and build out 18 unique library rooms. Boost your score using Word of the Day and bonus words. But watch out for burning letters - they could spell disaster for you and Lex!

kingsanto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
is it truly AP or a bad dump since there were some games tht had this problem so better wait and check out the actual situation
i do remember a younger member of my family playing this game and i believe its a very interesting game since u have to connect letters to make words (from the letters available)

It is most definitely not a bad dump. That is, unless they've found a way to make a game that is undumpable by the NDS Backup Tool. If that were the case, you'd think they'd be using this new method on all of their releases and we'd all be fucked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1