DS #4163: Scribblenauts (USA)

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell is this game? I only heard about it yesterday before it was dumped and I thought the title itself sounded stupid. How come this is so anticipated? I had no idea what it was about but I thought since everyone wants it so bad I'd try it. I played it for like 10 minutes and I absolutely hate it. This is just a common ds game. Why so much hype?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ruri said:
"Shrink ray" works.

Also, you can type "virus" and get a virus that, when dropped on people, makes them sick.

Then you can type "syringe" and get a syringe that you can have Maxwell use on them to heal them.
I tried 'swine flu', but it doesn't work...

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
CheatingSoi said:
What the hell is this game? I only heard about it yesterday before it was dumped and I thought the title itself sounded stupid. How come this is so anticipated? I had no idea what it was about but I thought since everyone wants it so bad I'd try it. I played it for like 10 minutes and I absolutely hate it. This is just a common ds game. Why so much hype?

You obviously haven't played it enough.. it's a game where you get any object you can imagine by typing it!

It deserves the hype!

23qwerty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DemonicChocobo said:
This game...is mildly disturbing. Puzzle Stage 2-4, there's an old man in a doctor's office.

The hint? "Help the patient see."

So I jokingly put in "Eye."

It created an eyeball.

I chuckled a bit, but the eye just floating in the air was freaking me out...but it made me curious. I dragged the eyeball to the old man, let go...and it stuck. THE EYEBALL ATTACHED ITSELF TO HIS FACE. HE WAS WALKING AROUND WITH ONE HUGE EYE.

And wanna know the worst of it? The game awarded me a Starite.
blink.gif
I gave him xray glasses, and it worked.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
orochan said:
and it'll be amazing when it works on ezflash!

EZV I'm assuming? Use 1.90 open beta 11.

QUOTE(spidye @ Sep 11 2009, 06:08 PM) god beats everything in this game
biggrin.gif

it's like cheating

Actually I forget what it was but something killed him when I was playing. It seems that the ghost is the only thing that is indestructable. Unless you count glitches... When I dropped a spider onto a fire then it rendered it useless and you can't interact with it anymore. With a game with objects so interconnected I'm sure there will be many more glitches...

koonghx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Vampire owns everything even god,goddess, cupid, angel.
God basically turns into zombie in 1 hit.

Vampire > Everything except vampire hunter, wooden stake, black hole and apocalypse
black hole and apocalypse > everything. It makes everything poof.

Vampire can't kill ooze. Don't know why.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think it's so great...

It certainly is a unique idea... but it's a boooooring game... (for me)...

I mean... there's only so many ladders you can climb before you start wondering "why?"...

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
I don't think it's so great...

It certainly is a unique idea... but it's a boooooring game... (for me)...

I mean... there's only so many ladders you can climb before you start wondering "why?"...
If ladders are the only thing you can think of, you should probably be wondering "why is my imagination so limited?" rather than just "why?"

darrenfrowley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Played this game for a while thinging ok ill try it and see how it goes....what can i say im impressed really cool idea and so original being 31 i have played many many games and im so bored with unorigal seen it all before games but this game kicks ass so easy to pick up and play but so hard to put down me and my mate found 10 way just to complete the first tree level alone and im sure there are so many more its brilliant replayability oh yes .. top game one of the few games to come out that actually impresses me with its origianallity just give it a chance. im looking forward to more....

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact: I've spent more time trying to stump it and massacring innocents than I have playing the game. Can't wait for thermometer cheats.

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edge199715 said:
More people seem to be interested about M&L:Bowser's inside story.
Looks quite interesting.
Anyone know how many words are there in this game?

Ghost kills death. Ghost can't die, rofl.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a warewolf, who then came after maxwell

argH!
in my panic, I typed SILVER
it game be a bar of silver
gave it to max, and the wolf runs away

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
cracker said:
orochan said:
and it'll be amazing when it works on ezflash!

EZV I'm assuming? Use 1.90 open beta 11.

QUOTE(spidye @ Sep 11 2009, 06:08 PM) god beats everything in this game
biggrin.gif

it's like cheating

Actually I forget what it was but something killed him when I was playing. It seems that the ghost is the only thing that is indestructable. Unless you count glitches... When I dropped a spider onto a fire then it rendered it useless and you can't interact with it anymore. With a game with objects so interconnected I'm sure there will be many more glitches...
i beat the ghost xD
with maaagic

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If ladders are the only thing you can think of, you should probably be wondering "why is my imagination so limited?" rather than just "why?"

Great come back, well done -- You go play your game, and revel in your wonderful imagination -- And I'll go finish writing my PhD in philosophy, and put my imagination to wider use than playing a pre-packaged game...

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
QUOTE said:

Great come back, well done -- You go play your game, and revel in your wonderful imagination -- And I'll go finish writing my PhD in philosophy, and put my imagination to wider use than playing a pre-packaged game...
...Except you had already been playing a pre-packaged game, hence why you were in here complaining about how climbing ladders repeatedly was boring.

Honestly, your PhD in Philosophy (as amazing as that is) couldn't be all that important if you're here, in a thread about a game that you don't like anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1