DS #4106: C.O.R.E. (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by tempBOT, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    United States
    GoldenEye: Rogue Agent > This game.

Seriously the controls are better on that game. This game is just "walk walk turn shoot, walk open door shoot, walk shoot". There is no tention, no challenge nothing to keep me interested at all. Rogue Agent is crap but from memory I could stomach it for more than 20 minutes before turning it off.

I was hyped for this when I first heard about it a couple of years back but the videos released really put me off, I'm really surpirsed that it got hyped so much just because its a FPS.

It really remind me of this homebrew PDA game I played a while back.

Stick to Quake 2 DS, Doom, Duke Nukem, Metroid Prime Hunters and even the two Call of Duty games. Moon is slightly better because of the controls and stroy. Dementium is a different sort of game its more survival horror. I may try it again later just to give it a better chance.

2. geminisama

geminisama Metsu

Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    Whoa, it ACTUALLY CAME OUT. [​IMG]
    I'm laughing at all the disappointment that people are experiencing after the months of hype. I'll give it a go, but I don't expect much.

3. zeromac

zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Mar 7, 2009
    Earth
    I think im the first one to actually love this game! Its awesome, the best feature for me is the single card play [​IMG] I dont see whats wrong with the controls for you guys, what are u all paraplegec? well i love it no matter what anyone says, its a perfect game for me and my bro, espicially the single card play

4. BoxmanWTF

BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Nov 22, 2008
    Canada
    Behind you
    Exactly!

5. Zerrix

Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 11, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Earth
    lol finally we can have this! [​IMG]

6. Quick-zeno

Quick-zeno GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2009
    Canada
    Yahooooo!

Some glimmer of hope for things like menudo to some out, eh?

7. EEragon

EEragon Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2009
    Belgium
    FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY, I just couldn't wait anymore longer

thanx thanx and thanx and thanh you [​IMG] ;D

8. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    i dont know if this would qualify as GTA type hype situation but this is surely a good game so much so that even rayder who apparently hates fps is even so hyped
    i think this is worth a try and is not bad as u may think it is... one of the better ds games if not a good ds games

9. spiritofcat

spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2007
    I hadn't heard anything about this game before I saw the release, but having played it I can say it's quite okay.

It controls well enough once you increase the sensitivity in the options.
    The graphics are acceptable. Reminds me of playing Quake 2 on an old computer without a 3D graphics card.

10. plasmatron

plasmatron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 22, 2004
    Gambia, The
    I get sick of all this comments . Are only kids left here ?
    Anyone interested in serious scene discussion ?

11. Crazy-S

Crazy-S Pessimist

GBAtemp Patron
    Crazy-S is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 18, 2007
    Germany
    Ask NSA, KGB, or BND
    no lets just say yay and freak out like every kiddie in here^^

I dont think this game is the hyper FPS everyone´s searching for...

12. Bradsta83

Bradsta83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2009
    This isnt working in EZ Vi ive updated to v12 firmware updated to 1.4 for ds firmware and what it does after the company logos it goes blank? any suggestions why this is happening?

13. highanimalhouse

highanimalhouse GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2008
    United States
    For those NDS emulator types, the game crashes on startup for no$GBA but appears to be playable on Desmume.

Good to see that at least it works on flash carts.

14. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    Anyone else problems with this game on Acekard2i? When I load it for the first time it works, but when I load the AK menu after that, the game doesn't load anymore and the icon of the game is gone. It works fine on my EZ5i. Any idea?

15. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    To be honest I dont liek the game but halo is oke!

16. Djay187

Djay187 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2008
    London
    Ok, having played the game for a short time I don't understand why it's being bashed. Once again I don't think Graffiti have helped themselves, as they did with Black Sigil by delaying and delaying they build hype for a game that people would otherwise just take in their stride.

As for the graphics, yeah they could be a little crisper but this is a DS not a PS3 or even a PSP. And talking of the PSP I don't think it comes anywhere close to the way the DS handles the control scheme of FPS's, to me this is the closest you'll get to the way a PC handles them, I love it.

As I say I've only played it a short time so I don't know how repetitive it will get like Moon or Dementium, both of which I still really liked but I'm still willing to give it a good go before I diss it!

17. Ad_Enuff

Ad_Enuff GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2006
    Looks a bit like Duke Nukem/Quake 2 to me.....for a DS game its not bad.

18. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    If you delay it once, it'll get slightly more hype. But if you've delayed it the amount of times they did, it's just stupid. And Black Sigil never got much hype. The only hype this got was from people here, and even then there wasn't a hype thread like Scribblenauts.

The graphics are 3-D, that's about it. It's no where near as polished and in-depth as Riz Zoawd or Kingdom Hearts. Yet again, much isn't. I guess it's comparable to lower grade 3-D titles. As for controls, I find them unplayable. They want to you manage 2 shoulder buttons, both the D and ABXY pads, and the touch screen? It's a terrible control scheme and you either have to use the stylus and sacrifice half the control scheme or make it unplayable with a thumbstrap. If they just copied CoD's control scheme it would've worked.

Odds are most people will find it terrible before it gets repetitive.

19. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Only played through the first part of the game where you end up meeting up with another dude at the end, but I'm liking it a lot more than I anticipated. The level design feels really good in a Doom kinda way. The character models are fugly, but the environments are pretty well rendered, I think. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the quality of the gun sounds, and the music, though repetitive, is pretty enjoyable. Feels kinda old-school. I'm cool with that. Wasn't expecting it to be much fun, really, but I'll probably end up playing through this sucker.

20. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    B.O.R.E - ing

[​IMG]

this game was delayed so much that it isn't worth the 36.7 MB download or the 40$ or so if you want to buy it.

Its just crap..