CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
WOW.. lol World Of Warcraft.. Its COD WaW isnt it
biggrin.gif

Yeah, usually stuff like this is overhyped, just like Moon was..

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
WOW.. lol World Of Warcraft.. Its COD WaW isnt it
biggrin.gif

Yeah, usually stuff like this is overhyped, just like Moon was..

But Moon was actually cool...

I haven't finished it yet though, haha.

We just seriously need a new and updated version of Metroid Prime Hunters right now for the DS. Wifi and all.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I played for about 5 minutes then had to stop.

It looks horrible. Like how a Quake 2 or Unreal would look on a PSX. If you look back on Goldeneye on the 64, the graphics are horrendous compared to the norm today, and this game somehow strives to look worse than that.

Gameplay-wise the controls also suck. But there was more action than Moon, which I turned off in boredom not frustration. So I guess it depends on what you are looking to avoid: boredom or tedium.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys always seem to forget the low resolution of the DS screens. I really don't know what you expect, but it's obviously more than the DS can ever hope to handle. The game looks fine to me. Go through the rooms/hallways and blast stuff. What more do you want? WTF else is there to an FPS? What were expecting, Crysis graphics on the DS? Genre redefining A.I.? Are you guys nuts or what? This isn't a PS2/3 or X-box, PSP or PC, it's a freakin' DS. I ask again, what did you expect? For a DS, this game is quite nice. Certainly better than the plethora of cutesy crap that everyone seems to go ga-ga over. Then there's the fact that 99% of you people reading this DL'd it for free. So quit bitching! Did it really pain your ass that much to wait a minute or two for a free game download and then have the gall to complain about it?

At least I have an excuse for not liking it, I hate all FPS's, but GEEZ! You people are truly spoiled if you think this is a bad game. In the little bit that I've played of this, it seems to me to be the BEST FPS created on the DS thus far. (lack of online WiFi notwithstanding)

You waited and wanted and hyped and complained of the delays for this game so much that there was no possible way it could ever meet the hype that surrounded it.

So just chill and talk about the game and not its limitations imposed because of the system it was created on. Can we do that please?

Probably not....
dry.gif

...sigh...

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
You guys always seem to forget the low resolution of the DS screens. I really don't know what you expect, but it's obviously more than the DS can ever hope to handle. The game looks fine to me. Go through the rooms/hallways and blast stuff. What more do you want? WTF else is there to an FPS? What were expecting, Crysis graphics on the DS? Genre redefining A.I.? Are you guys nuts or what? This isn't a PS2/3 or X-box, PSP or PC, it's a freakin' DS. I ask again, what did you expect? For a DS, this game is quite nice. Certainly better than the plethora of cutesy crap that everyone seems to go ga-ga over. Then there's the fact that 99% of you people reading this DL'd it for free. So quit bitching! Did it really pain your ass that much to wait a minute or two for a free game download and then have the gall to complain about it?

At least I have an excuse for not liking it, I hate all FPS's, but GEEZ! You people are truly spoiled if you think this is a bad game. In the little bit that I've played of this, it seems to me to be the BEST FPS created on the DS thus far. (lack of online WiFi notwithstanding)

You waited and wanted and hyped and complained of the delays for this game so much that there was no possible way it could ever meet the hype that surrounded it.

So just chill and talk about the game and not its limitations imposed because of the system it was created on. Can we do that please?

Probably not....
dry.gif

...sigh...

Only problem with that is...the DS CAN and HAS handled much better then this. CoD 4, CoD WaW, MPH, right off hand. All of those are much better, and CORE is a game that was delayed for how long? Those delays weren't worth it. This is far, far from being the best FPS for the DS. As for what we expected, we expected a lot better then what we got, considering this game was delayed how many times.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lame controls, could have done better. Actually a shame. But then it was only an evaluation copy so nothing lost besides a few megabytes that will be deleted shortly.

shebang

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
It looks horrible. Like how a Quake 2 or Unreal would look on a PSX.
Quake 2 was on PSX and it looks better than this (from the screens anyway) also Unreal was being ported to PSX (and then cancelled) and looked better than this.

Will give it a go anyway just for the sake of it I guess, nothing else to do at work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: about to learn a horse with no name on guitar