DS #3936: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Europe)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
is it 3936 or 3940 (if including DSi hybrid)?

by the way, the game's background graphics are ok
but the character is pile of .....

won't touch this game~!
i don't want any spoiler before i watch the movie

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
frown.gif

i suck.. because i am lazy to read
yes, i know i had missed lots of fun for not reading it

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
I read all the Harry Potter books up to the Order of the Phoenix back when I was in primary school and then I got lazy through high school and haven't really read a book since
tongue.gif
for my assignments I didn't even read any books but watched the movies instead (thank god for movies).

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
raing3 said:
I read all the Harry Potter books up to the Order of the Phoenix back when I was in primary school and then I got lazy through high school and haven't really read a book since
tongue.gif
for my assignments I didn't even read any books but watched the movies instead (thank god for movies).
LMAO I did exactly the same: read until the 5th and then I got lazy and quit.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Natie said:
raing3 said:
tongue.gif
LMAO I did exactly the same: read until the 5th and then I got lazy and quit.

Well some of us (me) waited until 12:01am to get our hands on book 7, (id finished it by 6:00pm)

gonna Dl this, got the wii version coming 2moz via Pre-order

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The characters actually look 10 times better than the order of the phoenix to me, maybe I'm imagning it. I don't like these games as games. I like them for hyping me up for the movie.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
Such... An ugly... Game...

I don't think so. I think they did a surprisingly decent job on the graphics, though it's not what I would prefer. The character models have a surprising amount of detail, but because of the limited pixels on the DS screen, I think they would have done better to cel-shade the characters, rather than go for that more realistic look.

The game itself is kinda "meh." I don't mind the constant fetch quests because they actually did a good job of making them interesting, but the mini-games, with the exception of the gob-ball game (whatever the heck it's called), are pretty bad. Just did the one where Ron has to play goalie for a game of quittich, and it was terrible. The main thing they do right, though, with this game is it's fairly entertaining in terms of story. It's surprising how well they adapted it to a DS game.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGN gave this game a 4.3, so yeah, it basically sucks. ( http://ds.ign.com/articles/999/999666p1.html ) Trust me, get the PC or console version if you're interested in the HP games.....MUCH better. PC/console versions of Order of The Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince let you wander around the entire castle in real-time 3D. To me, that's more fun than doing all the fetch-quests or minigames and whatnot. The games are pretty easy though, so if you want a challenge, you can skip them, but I enjoy them personally.

As for the books, I read them all. Only the very first movie even came close to the details of the book. As the movie sequels came out, they omitted or completely changed some details in the story. Anyone who saw the movies first, then read the books are in for a surprise. I still have to buy Deathly Hallows though......paperback version releases July 7.....read my sister's copy in hardbound. I bought Half-Blood Prince in hardbound and HATED it simply because the book is too huge to hold with one hand for very long before becoming uncomfortable, not to mention looking out of place amongst all my other paperback books.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
The games are pretty easy though, so if you want a challenge, you can skip them, but I enjoy them personally.

The most problems I've ever had with the games is sneaking through parts of the Hogwarts castle (on console/PC version) without being caught it is quite a challenge sometimes and also I still remember playing Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone on PC. I spent ages trying to beat Voldemort in the last level and eventually cracked a dummy then when I tried again a few years later I managed beat him almost straight away
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?