DS #3856: Air Traffic Controller by DS (Europe)

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
My aunts second husband was an air traffic controller, he managed to get early retirement due to stress (basically he was gonna sue the air authority based on his medical condition being stress related and they worked a deal out) and has spent the last 15 years or so taking as many free flights around the world together paid for by his ex employer.

Back when he started things were a LOT more difficult than today, but even now he reckons a lot of the time its a miracle there are so few (reported) air incidents in the UK.

chad13dale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So this game really teaches you how to control air traffic?!
blink.gif

The game cover doesn't suggest fun in any matter. This is surely another one of those don't judge a book/ds game by it's cover/cover art. Pretty solid game i reckon.

cturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not that this is a bad game, but I was extremely disappointed to find out it's an exact replica of Air Traffic Chaos.

They didn't even think to update the airports to cities that people outside of Japan have heard of. Oh well, hopefully before the next ATC game they'll realize that there's a market for this in North America.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cturtle said:
Not that this is a bad game, but I was extremely disappointed to find out it's an exact replica of Air Traffic Chaos.

They didn't even think to update the airports to cities that people outside of Japan have heard of. Oh well, hopefully before the next ATC game they'll realize that there's a market for this in North America.
um, this IS the EU version of ATC

cturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raven Darkheart said:
um, this IS the EU version of ATC

Well either way this is exactly the same as the Air Traffic Chaos, and for some reason they decided to stick with the original names from the Japanese version for both. They could also stand to Westernize it a little so everything doesn't look quite so anime like. Not everyone who plays DS is into that anime looking crap. If you're going to make a game that appeals to older people, don't make it look like it's for a 3 year old.

And for all the trolls, nobody ever said this was supposed to an instructional game on how to be an ATC. Did you think Mario Bros. was a plumbing tutorial before you played it the first time too? Just because you don't find the idea of playing as an ATC fun, doesn't mean other people feel the same way.

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found ATC entertaining for a couple of days, once you get the the harder difficulties its a pain to loose within the last 30 seconds due to slow ass pilots taxing the plane right into another..

cturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dawn.wan said:
I found ATC entertaining for a couple of days, once you get the the harder difficulties its a pain to loose within the last 30 seconds due to slow ass pilots taxing the plane right into another..

Yeah, but I think the most annoying thing is when you've got 4 in the air, and 4 on the ground, but the 4 on the ground don't seem to want to go anywhere and you've got to circle your 4 in the air for 10 minutes.

Still an awesome game though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I just so happened to see the post within like a minute of it being posted, so... bye, bitch... +1