DS #3652: The Dark Spire (USA)

JupiterJazz5th

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Uhh ok I have decided to try this game since yesterday after reading this thread & seems like Dark Spire is the Contra 4 of Dungeon Crawlers (In my view).

Now I need some help in the game & I hope some of ya can help a fella out.
1st: Why can't some of my characters attack? I have a level 1 warrior dwarf with long sword equipped & I can't even do anything except defense.
2nd: Is priest only for Human race?
3rd: How does AC works?
4th: Does the alignments do anything to the characters or something?
5th: Is there a website for learning all this stuff before I play this dungeon crawler?

Well that's all I wanna know so if any one can shed some light on my case will be greatly appreciated by me.
Thank you.

badgerkins

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JupiterJazz5th said:
Uhh ok I have decided to try this game since yesterday after reading this thread & seems like Dark Spire is the Contra 4 of Dungeon Crawlers (In my view).

Now I need some help in the game & I hope some of ya can help a fella out.
1st: Why can't some of my characters attack? I have a level 1 warrior dwarf with long sword equipped & I can't even do anything except defense.
2nd: Is priest only for Human race?
3rd: How does AC works?
4th: Does the alignments do anything to the characters or something?
5th: Is there a website for learning all this stuff before I play this dungeon crawler?

Well that's all I wanna know so if any one can shed some light on my case will be greatly appreciated by me.
Thank you.

1. some weapons can't be used if your character is in the back row. an orange icon by the character means its in the font row and a blue icon means its in the back. you can toggle your formations about in the menu screen or guild screen.

2. any race. you can have a dwarf priest.

3. the lower your ac, the more likely you'll dodge attacks. don't know if it affects how much damage you receive from hits.

4. some spells are exclusive to either lawful or chaotic. don't know what else.

5. i checked out gamefaqs.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@JupiterJazz5th:

1: I think some weapons only work on the front/back line.
check it's description for some hints.

2:Priest is AFAIK a class for lawful adventurers only.
(I spent hours trying to make my Elf a Priest...)

don't know about the rest of your questions...
rolleyes.gif

but I don't think EO was more boring than this game. I find both (EO 1/2 and The D.S.) non-boring. (err...)

daquiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
priests have to be either lawful or chaotic, neutral doesnt work

in order to make an elf priest you have to create the elf with a different class and go pray at one of the temples, after some time you should change your alignment

Karmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game rocks! Finally a reason to use my DS again! It's been collecting dust since I got tired of Shiren
smile.gif

Rayder said:
It's an "old-school" RPG. You young whippersnappers just wouldn't understand. Definitely not a game for everyone.

Believe me, you younger gamers would scoff at all the old-school RPG's of my youth. Just as I tend to scoff at many of the games you guys like. It's a generation gap thing.

The young whippersnappers like easy games with anime art marketed to the under 10 crowd

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karmatic said:
This game rocks! Finally a reason to use my DS again! It's been collecting dust since I got tired of Shiren
smile.gif

Rayder said:
It's an "old-school" RPG. You young whippersnappers just wouldn't understand. Definitely not a game for everyone.

Believe me, you younger gamers would scoff at all the old-school RPG's of my youth. Just as I tend to scoff at many of the games you guys like. It's a generation gap thing.

The young whippersnappers like easy games with anime art marketed to the under 10 crowd

Those young whippersnappers will eat me alive at Pokemon. Remembering 100s of different characters, all of their stats, abilities, strengths, weaknesses, endlessly leveling them up. You're all just sour, stop complaining and play the game if you like it so much.

NaYa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whoa, this game is so old school, yet the designs are pretty modern. The art style actually reminds me of TWEWY.
Mmmmmm...

Karmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
Those young whippersnappers will eat me alive at Pokemon. Remembering 100s of different characters, all of their stats, abilities, strengths, weaknesses, endlessly leveling them up. You're all just sour, stop complaining and play the game if you like it so much.

You can download a .sav file that makes you competitive at Pokemon I thought?

gramin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else encounter some slowdown whenever you turn around a corner that has a long hall or something. It didn't take me long to get deeper into F1 before this problem started appearing, only when I was turning on corners though.

Maybe it's just how they animated though.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. The stuffed parrot that they sell in the gambling den is an accessory that grants -1 AC. That's useful to know if you can't afford Choker Necklaces for your whole front line.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karmatic said:
DS1 said:

You can download a .sav file that makes you competitive at Pokemon I thought?

Yeah, I don't know what young kids play Pokemon on their flashcard, except in Hong Kong of course.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, you need a charisma of at least 10 to be a Paladin. And it seems to be impossible to raise your charisma after chargen by any means. Dammit.

...nevermind the rest of how you become a Paladin, you'll know when the time comes. But if you have anyone you want to multiclass Cleric / Fighter, make sure they start with at least 10 Charisma, or they will be screwed.

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
my copy hasn't arrived yet :/
and i dont wanna play it on my flashcard.
for some reason that even i dont know, i am so psyched about this game, i can't wait to get my hands on it

daquiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aragon said:
I'm really enjoying this game so far.

Has anybody a clue where I can find the robber's hideout?
it is behind a secret door in the wall in the dark area of level 1 that can only be accessed from level 2

aragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daquiri said:
aragon said:
I'm really enjoying this game so far.

Has anybody a clue where I can find the robber's hideout?
it is behind a secret door in the wall in the dark area of level 1 that can only be accessed from level 2

Great! I really love that this game is unlike many other games not always pointing out the most obvious things.
Really hated Midna in TP always telling me what I had already figured out...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto