Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ruri said:
Depravo said:
QUOTE said:
I hope EUR saves are compatible with this, as I don't want to play through the beginning again

Or you could just continue with the Euro version. It's the same game.
We Americans have to play our game in good, honest American, not Brittonian or whatever godless mongrel tongue you limeys use.
tongue.gif

Racist much?

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this game good?
Fabis94 said:
Ruri said:
Depravo said:
QUOTE said:
I hope EUR saves are compatible with this, as I don't want to play through the beginning again

We Americans have to play our game in good, honest American, not Brittonian or whatever godless mongrel tongue you limeys use.
tongue.gif

Racist much?
Can't understand obvious sarcasm much?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I saw that post, I KNEW the irony would pass over the head of most people.

A good rule of thumb is to always assume 90% of people are less intelligent then yourself before you make a post containing any wit, satire or sarcasm.

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's just because I'm in a bad mood, but to me this game is crap. VA is shoddy, main hero yammers quickly like he's on crack, character sprites are too cartoony looking, and it feels like your generic RPG. Audio is awful too, way too "tinny". I know the DS has alot of limitations but this is just awful. Perhaps others see something in the game that I don't... But it's not gonna be a game that'll stay on my flashcart for long. Keep in mind all of this is just my personal opinion, your results will vary.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SamusKnight2K said:
Maybe it's just because I'm in a bad mood, but to me this game is crap. VA is shoddy, main hero yammers quickly like he's on crack, character sprites are too cartoony looking, and it feels like your generic RPG. Audio is awful too, way too "tinny". I know the DS has alot of limitations but this is just awful. Perhaps others see something in the game that I don't... But it's not gonna be a game that'll stay on my flashcart for long. Keep in mind all of this is just my personal opinion, your results will vary.

Although you play PS0? It's about the same on those fields. And since you can stand Japanese, why not undub it? Doesn't that eliminate two critiques. True, it's like a generic RPG, but then again, so is Suikoden 1 and 2. And since it's your opinion, you can't call it crap, because that would be a fact. You're right about how results may vary.

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To start off I wanna apologize for the confusion if any, I was expressing annoyance over their 3D models, not the still-image cut-ins during dialogue or CGI cutscenes. Now onto the quotes...

QUOTE said:
Although you play PS0? It's about the same on those fields.
PS0 and this game have nothing in common. PSO's style has a anime-esque look to it albeit a tad cartoony which I really don't mind. This game just goes overboard. The character models look plain ridiculous and the VA sounds like a bad fandub. I can tolerate it to an extent but their tones at times don't match up with the mood they're trying to portray. My biggest gripe is just the bad acting and fact it seems like your generic RP in forms. It sort of seems as if they didn't put much effort in trying to work on the character models either. Big hands, big feet? Really now... I'd expect this from an N64 game like Super Mario 64. Some of the enemies don't look so bad but the main characters are plain awful. Again I know that the NDS has its limitations... But geez!

QUOTE said:
And since you can stand Japanese, why not undub it?
That there, is an assumption. I never said I could stand Japanese. I can tolerate it to an extent but I normally prefer english dialect. In PS0's case I'm just that big enough of a fan... The thought of playing a PSO-style game on a handheld is great. It's purely the gameplay there, the PSO series has never had a decent storyline to begin with.

And since it's your opinion, you can't call it crap, because that would be a fact.
I fail to see where I said it was a "fact". I said to me it was crap. That means in MY opinion the game isn't worth playing. To ME the game sucks... It has nothing to do with what others think of the game. Face it, there's gonna be at least one person who doesn't like a game (Valid reasons or not) and at this time that happens to be me.

I'll leave it at that. Again to me it was just opinion. I can call the game whatever I want but it doesn't mean that it really is that to others. If people believe for example it can be the Game of the Year then that's their choice. Maybe it could be. Maybe to you my opinion doesn't matter. But of course you're entitled to argue with me if you want or just ignore it. Makes no difference to me.

shiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone enlighten me what the speed rating of a char does? Does it mean the order (or chance) to get his turn executed before others? In a turn based RPG a speed rating sounds quite out of place for me (new to RPGs at all). I love the game so far, seems like a lot of effort and work was put into it. Its actually the first game where I do the occasional stop to watch the details, something which I'm used to only in PC games.

Cheers!

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
Ruri said:
Depravo said:
QUOTE said:

tongue.gif

Racist much?

It's not racist...it's patriotism. If we wanted to talk like them, we wouldn't have dumped all that tea in Pearl Harbor.
blink.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try2bcool said:
Fabis94 said:
Ruri said:
Depravo said:
QUOTE said:

tongue.gif

Racist much?

It's not racist...it's patriotism. If we wanted to talk like them, we wouldn't have dumped all that tea in Pearl Harbor.
blink.gif
Damn! And I thought that we had dumped it in the Saint Lawrence River just outside of Quebec...
unsure.gif
blink.gif

alvin_a1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
unsure.gif
Anyone got the game jamming halfway?

I played until the part when the main character managed to get into the tower of the one true way through this portal, then while showing the video when Nova was saying something, it just hanged there... >_< Anyone know how I can solve this problem? (I personally tried this twice, but both times it jammed at the same place...)

mike10003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why the game just blacks out when I try to leave Mislato River for the first time? I tried to redownload the ROM and it still freezes.

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello, I'm new so I know it must sound stupid but where do I get the rom? I don't see any link on the page and when I search for the ndsrelease with the number it gives me a totally different game x) thank you in advance for your answers!

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, I'm new so I know it must sound stupid but where do I get the rom? I don't see any link on the page and when I search for the ndsrelease with the number it gives me a totally different game x) thank you in advance for your answers!
piracy isn't allowed on this site. try google. also this is from 09. this is some powerful necromancy.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We do not host copyrighted content nor do we provide links or information on how to obtain it.

Please do yourself a favour and familiarise yourself with the forum rules.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol