DS #3169: Tales of Hearts: Anime Movie Edition (Japan)

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thedicemaster said:
Rugapand said:
Will this be localized?
from what i heard, no never.
tough i did hear someone(company, not fan translator) is looking into "Tales of Hearts: CG Movie Edition"
Really? Crap. From what I've seen in scans, those CG models look horrible and don't fit Tales at all.

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shing and kohak look like total ass in CG. which is odd, because the rest of the characters look at least decent, if not actually fairly good. and they all match their anime counterparts, except again shing and kohak, who look totally different and have a wonky, awkward dress/waistline, respectively.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
making a game that gets 2 versions just for cutscene styles any smaller than 256MB would be bad.
256MB & 2D is ok as long as the 2D is good.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
thedicemaster said:
from what i heard, no never.
tough i did hear someone(company, not fan translator) is looking into "Tales of Hearts: CG Movie Edition"
XSeed. Let's see if they will succeed, though - Atlus tried to bring Tales of Innocence stateside, but Bandai Namco said a big "no". They don't want third parties messing with their IPs, or so it seems.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
There are quite many videos inside the rom and they're taking up most of the space, a hack that removes all the videos wouldn't be that hard.

Well, played about an hour so far, and there's a ton of voice work, as well. That must also be using up a lot of space, I would think. Almost all of the dialogue is voiced.

As an aside, man, this really seems like a tight Tales game. Wish I knew more of what the heck I was doing, but it definitely feels like a Tales game. I think I prefer the all-3D graphics of Innocence, but the 3D in this game is definitely better than the previous two games. They seem to have used some similar techniques to the Pokemon D/P games; very nice.

Really hope this one crosses over...

kwanying

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
2D eats more space than 3D that's basic...... but 3D need more processing power.
Think it as any object in 3D if u turn it 360 degree its using the same old data but its recalulate for that angle only.
In 2D if you are gonna turn 360 degree it gonna need a new set of data (picture) depends on how smooth its gonna be.
Like every 5 degree the 2D picture change new set of picture 5/360 = 72 picture !!! (that's alot of data where as in 3D polygon you are only using 1 data the rest is the power of the cpu+gpu)

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I presume the CG scenes and anime scenes depict the same thing?

This calls for side-by-side comparison.

And English. T_T It sounds like people actually like it thus far.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
psycoblaster said:
:|
I'm still waiting for the CG edition.
But still, all the stuff inside the ROM would be almost the same so I'll look into the ROM.
I was beginning to think that I'm the only one who didn't think that the CG version would horribly suck.

Well, I'm glad this is out! Tales of the World kind of sucks, I guess I can delete it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1