DS #2949: Chrono Trigger DS (Japan)

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, first post.

Patched my CT using DSATM v.4, using a good ol' G6 flash 4G on my big fat original DS - used DoFAT/force R/W and did not trim rom, sailed past first warp sequence and on my way to cathedral. Thanks very much to GBAtemp people who made it possible for me to do this!

BTW, I recommend that anyone who does not have CT working yet keeps trying - or buys the game on sunday when it comes out. I finished this awesome game on the SNES years ago and am looking forward to experiencing it afresh. (I paid over $80 for my SNES cart, no box or instructions, so $40 for the game shouldn't hurt too much if you're really keen to play it!)

undercarris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ranx said:
it appears that the game crashs too on EZ5/EZ5+, even if applying last kernel 1.86d (which is suppose to fix the game)
Does someone have already post smth to overcome this issue, or do we have to wait for a new fix ?

mmm thats strange... it is working for me ... and i have a ezflash V and i am using the 1.86d update

logicstorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHRONO TRIGGER ISNT WORKING ON DS-X!!

So I patch Chrono Trigger with that new fix to prevent the game from freezing after using the gate at the beginning of the game.

Anyway, the patched CT doesn't work and I realize I need to manually patch the rom to manually add a new arm7.

So I do that and now the game works and loads properly! However, when I get to the gate at the beginning of the game it freezes again. It's now like I never even patched CT with the new fix! Why is this happening?

Something I noticed though is that after adding a new arm 7 to Chrono Trigger, the size of the rom went down from 128 to 81 mb. And that's probably why I can't reapply the new fix after adding arm7...because I DID try applying the new fix after arm 7 patching the game but it doesn't work..

Can anyone help?

Is anyone even playing CT on a DS-X?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
logicstorm said:

So I patch Chrono Trigger with that new fix to prevent the game from freezing after using the gate at the beginning of the game.

Anyway, the patched CT doesn't work and I realize I need to manually patch the rom to manually add a new arm7.

So I do that and now the game works and loads properly! However, when I get to the gate at the beginning of the game it freezes again. It's now like I never even patched CT with the new fix! Why is this happening?

Something I noticed though is that after adding a new arm 7 to Chrono Trigger, the size of the rom went down from 128 to 81 mb. And that's probably why I can't reapply the new fix after adding arm7...because I DID try applying the new fix after arm 7 patching the game but it doesn't work..

Can anyone help?

I'm sorry but the DS-X is dead, there is no support for it so don't expect these games to work on such a lousy cart (yes, I had one myself and it's a disaster).

logicstorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drdeath25 said:
cracker said:
sub said:
Hello

Anyone with DS-Xtreme managed to get it to work ?

Like everyone with DS-X know, the team has stopped the support. So we always need to use MaxCrassMethod to get new roms to work.

The thing is... When I only patch the rom with the fix, it dont start because i need to apply Arm7fix, but if I apply arm7fix is impossible to apply ChronoFix because i get a 0mb file ....

frown.gif

XxRoxaSoraxX said:
Im using DSATM and i use the code(as a .txt) and Mario kart DS as my donor rom they are all in the same directory......WHAT DO I DO

Download DSATM

Save the cheats to a text file and leave the description above the code intact:

Code:
Loop fix
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

or

CODE
Loop fix for M3 Real
523FE294 E08AA009
E23FDFDC 00000024
E08AA009 E35A0000
1A0000AB E1A0A00E
E28FE000 E12FFF1C
E1A0E00A E31E0402
EA00009F 00000000
023FE294 EAFFFF50
D2000000 00000000
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

Place the text file with the codes, DSATM, and your donor game (donor.nds) or ARM7 file (donor.bin) into the same folder.

Run DSATM

Select the original game (not patched at all!)

Select the cheat text

Select the patched game to save as

Leave Trainer checked and check ARM7 Fix

Click Autopatch Game!

For anyone with a CycloDS (and possibly other carts that white screen with the patch)

Follow the above instructions but before you patch the game:

Click the button with a cracker to switch to Advanced mode

Change the RAM address to 0x23fd000

Then click Autopatch Game!

Note: I'm not sure if it needs an ARM7 fix so try it first without it.

This does work for DS-X.... got through the first portal fine, and am able to save properly!

Just use any game you have already done the arm7 Max Crass method on as the donor rom, and use the first loop fix code (not the m3 one), works like a charm so far.

Thanks!

I just tried this... it worked!

Thank you so much

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lachinay said:
sub said:
Hello

Anyone with DS-Xtreme managed to get it to work ?

Like everyone with DS-X know, the team has stopped the support. So we always need to use MaxCrassMethod to get new roms to work.

The thing is... When I only patch the rom with the fix, it dont start because i need to apply Arm7fix, but if I apply arm7fix is impossible to apply ChronoFix because i get a 0mb file ....

can't you just patch the clean rom and then swap the arm7.bin file by hand? I assume "MaxCrass" is just a fancy name for that...

No, that will not work. DSATM hooks into the arm7.bin and it is also where the cheat function is placed. So if you swap arm7.bins after it is patched then you are totally undoing the patch.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HBK said:
logicstorm said:

Can anyone help?

I'm sorry but the DS-X is dead, there is no support for it so don't expect these games to work on such a lousy cart (yes, I had one myself and it's a disaster).

Ok, I came onto the scene after the whole DS-X thing, but, to be honest, with how cheap slot ones are these days I really don't see why anyone is still using a DS-X. If it was me I would just buy a new slot-1 and keep the DS-X as a piece of computer game history.

marcateyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kamui said:
That main character looks like Goku SSJ4.

Well character design is done by Akira Toriyama, same guy as Dragonball and Dragon Quest

edit:whoops someone beat me to it

QUOTE(Law @ Nov 20 2008, 05:02 PM)Just like Lucca looks like a certain Dragonball character whose name I can't place right now.

Bulma.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
(about the DS-X)

cracker said:
No, that will not work. DSATM hooks into the arm7.bin and it is also where the cheat function is placed. So if you swap arm7.bins after it is patched then you are totally undoing the patch.

Thanks a lot! I hadn't thought of it. I'm not using the DS-X but a friend of mine is, so he'll be happy to know this (specially 'cos I've done all the patching for him!).

Somebody can confirm that the patched rom is exactly 87.985.312 bytes big? Thanks a lot.

dipper145

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't get this to work on my supercard ds one, if anyone was able to, I would appreciate a PM or a reply on how they did it. Thanks a ton.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I may buy xreal ar glasses again for 125