DS #2761: Bleach: Dark Souls (USA)

RothStaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah not working on mine either I have an Acekard 2, and I've tried everything! I tried replacing the header.bin and the arm7.bin, tried patching it, even tried switching with Japanese save, still nothing.
frown.gif
Hope a fix comes out for this soon.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, it took me a while to realize what was missing.

They took out the damn challenge mode. It was the best feature to use when learning combos and techniques to using characters. Now I can't figure out the best strategies like I did in the first game. They shouldn't have cut it. I guess they were too lazy to come up with new challenges for new characters.

Other than the new characters, I think the first game was better.

Noob_ninja82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleach: Dark Souls is a tough cookie to crack.

However, after all the research I did and analyzing the code, as well as going through different forums, re-reading old posts, this is what I can conclude:

Bleach: Dark Souls is protected... somewhat... just good coding and verify strings to locate each file and line of coding is in its proper place.

The reason why my somewhat-working-method works is by pure luck. Based on the code I tried to read in the overlay folder shows what files are being used in each binary file and progress in different binary files to keep hackers from just manipulating one page of code, and instead have to deal with multiple pages to tackle each called file. Using the header.bin from Bleach DS 2nd (J) and the arm7.bin was based on my flash-cart (M3 DS Real) to read the header to boot the .nds file, and nothing more. the arm7.bin is read by the data folder in such a way that the only arm7.bin that worked was the one I found from the Max Crass Method.zip. My guess is how the am7.bin was arranged in its code and what is called. In other words, Bleach DS 2nd (J) called the arm7.bin in its own way, while Bleach DS (U) called the arm7.bin in its own way, through the flash-cart, that is.

Using M3 DS Real w/Sakura I toyed with the idea of manipulating what files exist in the Japanese verison of Bleach DS and re-arrange those files with the US Bleach DS. Unfortunately, the coding that exist in the overlay folder (if you use DSLazy or DSBuff and unpack the .nds file, you'll see the overlay folder with approximately 249 binary files). One would think it would be easy to swap the overlay folders, but looking closely at the code (either in JAP Shift-JIP or ASCII) the coding arrangement is vastly different between the Japanese and US version. While cumbersome, it could be done. I realized if I attempted this, I would only solve this issue for M3 DS Real and not other carts, therefore not resolving the issue overall. Furthermore, if the G6 Team is working on a new firmware, it would be best to let them handle it. My time and resources are limited to even attempt at this time.

In conclusion, those who have M3 Simply 1.14, CycloDS (and apparently SuperCard) are the lucky ones with the somewhat anti-coder that allows Bleach Dark Souls to run perfectly, wifi and save support both. The rest of us have to wait for the G6 team to come up with a firmware/patch to relieve this issue. DSTT, Acekard, I cannot say what fate lies ahead of you. I have never messed with such flashcarts, nor have any experience with them. My condolences... :-)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Dunno, but you can swap easily files between the JPN and the US version.

I removed all English voices from the US game and replaced all with the Japanese voices, just by replacing the SDAT dir.

Repacked then with DSLazy

Ow, and the Game also works perfect on R6 Extreme 64G with the 3.1.1980 (C7) update (Gives Data Corruption on R6 Gold)

jaei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jaeisix.net
XP
Country
mixinluv2u said:
DjoeN said:
Thanks to "rasputin" we know that Supercard released an update of there patch library that fixes the Data Corruption error on both there slot1 and slot2 cards!

see this topic:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110099
i tried that fix, but the same issue remains. no go for supercard.

Is you card slot 1 or 2? I tried with a slot 1 and it was working fine. It didn't work with patched rom with arm7fix though. Try a clean rom.

Sandman00009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using the m3 sakura triple boot is there any way to be able to play online i put the header.bin from the jap game in and the arm7.bin but it wont let me play online

Noob_ninja82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ for the latest firmware for M3 DS Real. The TripleBoot Eng version has also been updated. You no longer need to replace the arm7 or header anymore, thanks to the G6 team!

If you want to play Bleach DS on M3Sakura you MUST load the game through the M3/G6 Real firmware 4.0 first. Let it create the .sav file, and then turn it off or reboot the OS to M3Sakura, and it should load perfectly - no data corruption and WiFi works like a charm.

One more thing, I did not trim the rom, so I cannot say if trimming will affect the rom's game-play in any way.

UPDATE: While the statement above is true, it is not completely true...:-) It seems that even though the untrimmed rom will run on M3 Sakura 1.12+1 with no "problems", the issue is that it will not save your progress, nor your stats. It seems for M3 users, M3 Real 4.0 is the only way to run Bleach DS2 with zero issues.

diondetijger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a ttds and i changed the header bud stil i get curruption i have ttds version 1.13 i beg for help i love the game but cand play it thinking of doing it again

proapc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
i have a supercard mini sd slot 2, i used to have the problem with the save data corrupted, but i downloaded that ndsrominfo file and now i can save the game . BUT, i can play online, i got disconnected from other players just before the select character screen. What can i do? I tried that thing with dslazy, but is not working

phoenix119

Trophies
XP
Country
Im using ez flash v plus and i have tried the arm7 fix but still get the corrupt message ><
is this game compatible with my card? if not i may as well buy the actual game haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!