DS #2716: Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (USA)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Hey! There it is! Curious about this one. Anyone actually gotten into this one yet?
I've played the PSX game years ago, it was a decent RPG albeit nothing particularly special. I know that the battles have been changed from strategy to just turn based.

It was very light hearted too, any seasoned RPG vet would find no trouble in finishing this in about 8 hours or so, even less if you just rush it.

Think I'll be more interested in the two sequels being released, especially as there are only fan translations of them.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
WildWon said:
Hey! There it is! Curious about this one. Anyone actually gotten into this one yet?
I've played the PSX game years ago, it was a decent RPG albeit nothing particularly special. I know that the battles have been changed from strategy to just turn based.

It was very light hearted too, any seasoned RPG vet would find no trouble in finishing this in about 8 hours or so, even less if you just rush it.

Think I'll be more interested in the two sequels being released, especially as there are only fan translations of them.

So, more light-hearted/time-wasting fun than a "must play" kinda thing?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Hadrian said:
WildWon said:

So, more light-hearted/time-wasting fun than a "must play" kinda thing?
Pretty much.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Does it have both english and japanese songs?

Although I used to enjoy the english dubs, I like the original versions of the songs a lot... anyways, it's nice too many good games are coming for the Ds lately!
yaynds.gif

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very disapointed they didn't include the English version of the songs. Oh well, just finished this last year on the PSP. Weird thing though, the story is so bizarre that it compels you to keep playing. May play through it again
wink2.gif

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jei said:

Although I used to enjoy the english dubs, I like the original versions of the songs a lot... anyways, it's nice too many good games are coming for the Ds lately!
yaynds.gif
It has English dialogue and Japanese songs. I think the story was that they wanted to keep the old voices but since there are new songs they couldn't go through the trouble of redoing them without getting new actors.

wackygoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
gonna pick this one after i finish Luminous Arc... but there are so many rpgs coming and i dont know wich one should i play
laugh.gif

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woah,another great game out on DS!

Just wondering,does music play a big part in this game?

I know it's in the title,but are the battles music-related(like hit in tune with the beat)?

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
AXYPB said:
Jei said:

yaynds.gif
It has English dialogue and Japanese songs. I think the story was that they wanted to keep the old voices but since there are new songs they couldn't go through the trouble of redoing them without getting new actors.
Aw, that sucks... at least we got new content
happy.gif

NatsuMatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Osaka said:
Would it be more worth it to play this on my psp? or the DS version?

I played the PSP version, but haven't tried the DS version yet... you're obviously going to get better sound quality on the PSP/PSX ISO as compared to a cart. From what people have said, the battle system has changed between versions, so the original tactics style system is just a regular turn based system in the DS game. Also, from what people have said, the english version of the songs is missing from the DS cart ... although that's because the DS game has new content? Not sure.

I'd say stick with the original, but since I haven't messed with the new one I guess I can't say that with 100% certainty.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait Sir VG released this? I thought he only did stuff no one else would do? I might try it, anyone know how long this game is? Need to make sure I have all my games done when Chrono Trigger DS and Suikoden are released.

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
couldn't the filename had been something that made sense, such as rama?
frown.gif

(I know it's based on the serial, I just don't get why...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air.