DS #2641: Pokemon Platinum (Japan)

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3 days early... O.o Some guy at the game store in japan must have dumped it.. or a hold up...
ninja.gif
Or ninjas attacked...

Well, I'll see how hard it is to play without know Japanese, I waited for this game.
tongue.gif
I always get the pkmn games.
tongue.gif

(yesh! I fianally got my SCDS1 perfect timing!
biggrin.gif
)

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
TheBestNaruto101 said:
i though it would be 1024Mbit will all the new stuff(battle recorder)

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were 1024Mbit with the Japanese version too. The English version was 512Mbit however. I expect the same with this game.

Either Nintendo or the original dumper made a mistake. It isn't clear which. The Japanese version of Diamond and Pearl has under 512Mbit of data. This can be verified by trimming their roms.

There's also supposedly a 1.1 revision of them, due to fixing bugs like the ability to surf through walls in the Elite Four area. But isn't dumped yet if so.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doodz... I was the 3rd person in the English speaking world to beat Pearl, after serebii & some dood from his site. It isn't very hard, even without knowing japanese.
I also was one of the original 3 for the darkrai glitch and the one who discovered that you could get sheimi thru it
tongue.gif

Just wanna brag.
But no way in hell am i playing this through again - im waiting for a .sav at torn world, then using trading to get my dp pokes over.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm already up to the 7th badge and the raid through the Team Galactic HQ. There aren't any mind blowing changes here, but I have noticed a lot of Pokemon that were Swarms/PokeRadar after National Dex are now just here to capture whenever, including my personal favorite Houndoom.
smile.gif

Also they've changed some gyms.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So, anyone got any positives on this game? Anything you like? The Hp Box art is kinda cool. Wish I knew what happened at the Cyrus Cutscene. Tyson talked lots and it felt like trying to give a guy directions who couldn't understand my language.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Can anyone tell me if the game runs smoother than Diamond and Pearl? One thing I didn't like about the game is that the engine seemed to chug and have a very low fps. Is it sped up and fluid?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
Can anyone tell me if the game runs smoother than Diamond and Pearl? One thing I didn't like about the game is that the engine seemed to chug and have a very low fps. Is it sped up and fluid?
Well, Pokemon Pearl and Diamond are 512Mbit and Platinum is 1024Mbit.
I'm kind of doubting it, but of course I'm no expert on ROMs.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
now these are sometimes when i wish i knew japanese!!!!

far out man cant wait till next year--no way!--looks like i gota translate this one
biggrin.gif

but 1 thing is that they should change the battle system a bit , it is getting boring a bit now that every single game has the same over and over again!

papyrus

Trophies
Website
bux.to
XP
Country
VISHI SO FISHI said:
now these are sometimes when i wish i knew japanese!!!!

far out man cant wait till next year--no way!--looks like i gota translate this one
biggrin.gif

but 1 thing is that they should change the battle system a bit , it is getting boring a bit now that every single game has the same over and over again!
QUess translating the moves and the menu should be fine. I'm waiting
rolleyes.gif
There's a wishing star..

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Do anybody know why Platinum is 1024 MBit and Diamond/Pearl is just 512 MBit?

I mean, trimmed they are:
Diamond/Pearl: 58,5 MB
Platinum: 100 MB

Because so far it seems like these new changes aren't big enough to be 41,5 MB plus.

New region(s)?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Opium said:
Sadly yes. I've tested it only in no$gba but the general slow-down seems to be still there.

That's a real shame, I'd enjoyed D/P a lot more (and not ditched it after few towns) if it didn't have that "general slowdown" feeling.

Still hoping for a fix in the (U) or (E) of Platinum, though. Yeah, it won't probably ever happen but whatever
rolleyes.gif

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SkH said:
Do anybody know why Platinum is 1024 MBit and Diamond/Pearl is just 512 MBit?

I mean, trimmed they are:
Diamond/Pearl: 58,5 MB
Platinum: 100 MB

Because so far it seems like these new changes aren't big enough to be 41,5 MB plus.

New region(s)?

Looking at the ROM in DSLazy, I can tell you why the ROM is so large.

When they updated the files, they took the old files, added the updates, renamed everything new to pl_(filename) and stuck it back into the game. However, they left the old files there.
If you remove the originals (e.g If you remove msg.narc and leave pl_msg.narc) the game still runs perfectly. The game doesn't use the old files.

I just tried removing all the unused files, and it trims the game down to 83.6MB. And, as I said, it runs fine.

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's like English in this game. Is that normal? lol. Like I mean, I'm in Veilstone City and a guy says:

Hello, Trainer!
Do you love Pokemon?

I'm just wondering about it. I think it's weird since this game is in Japanese and all. *shrugs*
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I use TextAloud for tts. And I bought some voices from them,