DS #2596: N+ (USA)

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Zerrix said:
What's so awesome about theis game?
I'd test it but my ds is in an another room and I'm really too lazy to grab it out, download the ROM, copy to the MicroSD Card, turn my R4DS on, navigate to the game, click on start and play...baah, no, I'll pass on that right now ^.^

Does anyone knows when there'll be a EUR Version available?

Outside of the menus there's no real text in the game, a EU version would change so little it's not worth waiting for. And just go play the original it's basically the same thing.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is the most fun I've had on my DS in a while!
yaynds.gif

Started playing last night and I couldn't put it down. For me, it's kinda like the bastard child of Super Metroid and Pitfall.

Can't believe I never played the flash version. :facepalm:

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joey90 said:
1NOOB said:
BULLSH!T i hit the new game button and now my save is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

-.-
unsure.gif

What did you think new game would do?

Though it would make more sense to have continue above new game, or have it selected by default...

i hit it because when you start it and you press a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a because you dont care about the menu , you will hit new game

?????????

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So why is there no blood, even when it's enabled?

I don't normally care about things like that, but I thought it was one of the best things about the other versions; for as punishingly hard as the game got, it was always good to let out a cathartic laugh when you fuck up and your limbs trigger a nearly endless wave of bombs.

This game does feel really lazy, though. I mean, it can't be THAT hard to port a flash game over, and yet there's still some weird bugs. I finished the tutorial, and it said I unlocked the red ninja. Well, I didn't. It wasn't in the unlockables or in the color select screen. After I beat the first episode or two, it told me AGAIN that I unlocked the red ninja. This time, I did. There's been a few other weirdly sloppy glitches and stuff too.

Even so, this game rocks my fucking world. I'm buying this shit.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1NOOB said:
Joey90 said:
1NOOB said:
BULLSH!T i hit the new game button and now my save is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

-.-
unsure.gif

What did you think new game would do?

Though it would make more sense to have continue above new game, or have it selected by default...

i hit it because when you start it and you press a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a because you dont care about the menu , you will hit new game

?????????
yeah, im playing the psp version... and a few things are driving me insane. for one, the thing you mentioned. I also did this.

who ever set up the buttons for the menus didn't seem to know what they were doing. for one, you keep hitting a a a(x for psp) to play the game and get into your file, and you end up making a new game AND saving over it at the same time.

the 2nd thing I have done twice now is I die and push START, trying to retry the level, but for some reason, they decided START would be the perfect place to put "leave the game without a confirmation and send you back to the title screen so you must start all over again."

I don't know why but something about this game is really frustrating me.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played this for a bit, but I didn't find it exceptionally good. It's fun....a bit....but it reminded me a lot of Exit DS. If IGN said this was one of the best of 2008 then they're full of shit. Soul Bubbles! Now that's an original, cool, atmospheric and above all FUN game. This is just an okay game. Nothing more nothing less.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
I played this for a bit, but I didn't find it exceptionally good. It's fun....a bit....but it reminded me a lot of Exit DS. If IGN said this was one of the best of 2008 then they're full of shit. Soul Bubbles! Now that's an original, cool, atmospheric and above all FUN game. This is just an okay game. Nothing more nothing less.
I agree. this game is just making me mad... and I'm not really sure why its marked as a puzzle game. I haven't seen one thing where I have to figure something out. the closest thing I have come to to figuring something out is trying to time the jump. that that's more like trial and error. just keep doing it over and over until you finally get it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say it does seem very boring at first, same with the 360 version but it got better.

But then this is one of those marmite type games, you either love it or you don't.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After I beat Episode 8 or 9, I got a message saying I unlocked the first map pack...but I noticed no new episodes were unlocked. Anybody know what exactly this means? I feel like it shouldn't be this confusing, but it seems weird that it would announce I got an unlockable and then not unlock anything.

Then again, it also said I unlocked the red ninja after the tutorial when it actually didn't, and then announced it again a few levels later when it actually did unlock. So I have no idea what going on haha.

Gangster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, the Multiplayer part (not online) isnt working for me?!!?
Both DS with M3 real and newest Firmware, any suggestions??!?!

PLS HELP!!!
hate2.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
map packs are for use in local multiplayer games.

1 thing i find annoying is how the death screen responds to a button being hold down, instead of being pressed.
i usually die from a bad jump, which means i'm either still holding or just releasing the A button.
but this triggers the restart level, while i want to study the replay so i know how to jump better next time.

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like no one cared about the Atari pack code >.>
Anyway, some level packs are for multiplayer, some are for the normal game. Go to the Episode select on your normal game and press up when you're on the first row.

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the atari map packs are levls from the original flash game pretty good

I hate episode 5 holy crap died 200 times before i luckily got back over those two slopes with mines

^^ kinda what i think too and in my opinion i like digimon better so far this game is more of pick up when you're bored

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...