DS #2405: Bleach The 3rd Phantom (Japan)

Maverick-jin8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So this is finally out eh? Don't think I want to even try it, since it's not the usual fighting game. Not to mention Bleach 2nd could have been so much better had they included Arrancar or Vaizards.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Images from Hadrian's thread:

ME0000936826_2.jpg

ME0000951834_2.jpg

ME0000951842_2.jpg

ME0000951821_2.jpg

gbands

Trophies
XP
Country
SRPGS are just an excuse to release a new game. Not all, but most of them are. SRPG=Lazy Developers

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The second game was a great fighting game for the DS, and probably is the best fighting game for the ds.
The 3rd game should've been a fighting game as well.

BUT NOOO, SEGA DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT.

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Or "z" ending games xD

This game looks like Fire Emblem like...dont you think?
I'd give it a try if I knew japanese, I loved the 1st and 2nd fighting games u_u if this was an action RPG like Soma Bringer, it'd be AWESOME xD

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game's story was actually done by the series creator himself - He's using this game as an excuse/tool to do some major character backstory for him rather then wasting more pages in the manga for it. This game is one of the main things that'll be explaining Aizen's history more, supposedly.

And it's not that Sega didn't wanna do a third fighter, it's that Treasure themselves didn't. They hardly do sequels period yet alone three in a series...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
The second game was a great fighting game for the DS, and probably is the best fighting game for the ds.
The 3rd game should've been a fighting game as well.

BUT NOOO, SEGA DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT.
Well Treasure didn't want to do it, so instead of using the same engine and getting another developer to do a sequel to those games and possibly failing, they went in a different direction.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bleach__3rd_phantom1988734.jpg

Can anyone explain at some time what the circle at the top of the screen means? If there's somebody that can understand this, there's supposedly an explanation at their official site, too.

http://bleach.sega.jp/3rd/
Click on System on the side, it's #7. I think it's just a Strong Against/Weak Against type of thing but I want to make sure.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was checking the ROM and to my surprise I found the english (read engrish) textfile inside. You can easily swap them with dslazy to play in english.

Just joking
biggrin.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just saying before this gets shoved away as shovelware, if you like Strategy RPGs and you are a Bleach fan you will probably enjoy this. The sprites are nice and the actual fighting animations when you start a fight are pretty damn cool to watch. It's just really slow inbetween the chapters, my only fault with it so far.

xjenova

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaisuto said:
bleach__3rd_phantom1988734.jpg

Can anyone explain at some time what the circle at the top of the screen means? If there's somebody that can understand this, there's supposedly an explanation at their official site, too.

http://bleach.sega.jp/3rd/
Click on System on the side, it's #7. I think it's just a Strong Against/Weak Against type of thing but I want to make sure.

You are on the right track. Starting from the red-hued part of the circle and going clockwise, its Strong attack > Fast attack > Technique attack > Strong attack in that order.

So if you are planning on attacking an enemy that has an attribute of Technique attack, you would attack it with a character whose attribute is Fast attack and so on for more damage.

Edit: oops, forgot to say if you attack an enemy whose attribute is non-advantageous to you, the chances you inflict damage on the enemy becomes lower. Also you can be counter-attacked and be dealt more damage by said enemy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.