DS #2312: Street Football (Europe)

BinarySoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
To me whatever sport has more "foot" on the ball should be called football.

[sarcasm]
your post makes NO sense. surely any game called football should involve carrying by HAND an object that does not resemble a BALL in anyone's eyes but the most drunk of people. players should also wear enough protective gear to make sure a herd of stampeding elephants are un-noticed.
[/sarcasm]

don't try to read sense into american words. it's too painful. i'm still looking for the chicken that lays eggplants…
wink.gif

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't just call it kickball since that's what the game is about?

It's kind of ridiculous that this topic came this far with no mention of what the game actually plays like, until Killermech's post.

lavalamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killermech said:
The game isn't even football.. it's just a bunch of annoying boring minigames involving a kid and his ball
hate2.gif

Left or right ball? This sounds more like a Japanese game...

debaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
it's football, not only in Europe, also in all American continent except USA and Canada, this sport is called football (or futbol) loooong time before some "creative" came up with that artifial name "soccer", just because your "American Football" is called like that doesn't mean that our sport must be named other way, besides "AMERICAN" Football is only played (populary) in not more than 3 countrys of the 35 countrys that form the American continent.

hi.

really bad game this
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HeatMan Advance said:
It's kind of ridiculous that this topic came this far with no mention of what the game actually plays like, until Killermech's post.
Yeah, I posted a comment too.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every time there is a game released with the word Football in the name, there is pages of sh!t about what is football and American football and soccer. Honestly it becomes really boring after a while, Look at the picture on the box. Look at the shape of the ball, if you cant work out what its about from that its a wonder you can walk and breath at the same time. Can we just get one footie release, Soccer or American football without all this crap again please. Oh and the game is dire, a total waste of bits and bytes...

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Why do Americans need to have there own ways?! Just stick with the rest of the world and name your crappy American Football something else! You barely use your foot in American Football and most of the time it looks like a more violent version of Rugby =/

EDIT: More specific, you barely use your foot on the ball in American Football.

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
If you wanted to play street football, why would you be playing on your DS?

Couldn't this example be used in quite a few situations?

all the Imagine series?

Aquarium by DS.

Clubhouse games, even?

>.

Philosophy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man what the fuck?? Is the GAME any good? I care less about what the "sport" is called in your part of the world. Thanks. (Drops back into the dungeon..)

BinarySoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just watched a funny stand up comedian from new zealand. he said he was amazed how the brits aren't offended by the "c" word. that the only thing that offends us is the word "soccer".

i guess to understand, imagine we took the game of baseball and called it something daft like kneeball (or rounders).

smile.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BinarySoup said:
just watched a funny stand up comedian from new zealand. he said he was amazed how the brits aren't offended by the "c" word. that the only thing that offends us is the word "soccer".

i guess to understand, imagine we took the game of baseball and called it something daft like kneeball (or rounders).

smile.gif

Damn I hate to break the news to you ( mainly because of the posts this is going to possibly generate ) but Baseball is derived from the game of rounders which dates back to before baseball was created. There was a book by some bloke who tried to deny it but there are documented references of rounders that date way way way back prior to any documented baseball references, most baseball historians acknowledge the origins of baseball came from rounders now and rounders wasn't invented in England either. If the Americans really really want a sport that's their own then Basketball is the one, netball was derived from basketball which was invented about 100 years ago in the US. Right I'm off to hide in an air raid shelter till the flack dies down..... and this game is still dire ( just to keep on topic )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==