lecture.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First Insecticide, now this. I'm gonna have to not get my hopes up about games.

This is not really like the original, it feels like a different game, the levels are way to small and it seems like something they knocked up in 6 weeks. It feels like a homebrew title, not something you'd pay money for.

Anyone who played Guardian Heroes and then played Advance Guardian Heroes, this is like that. One great big massive disappointment. This sequel lacks the presentation, level design, variety and flare of the original N64/Dreamcast game.

My advice is to get a Dreamcast and a copy of Bangai-O, either pirate or off eBay (no need for a modchip) and play that as its a thousand times better. The game could be fun for those who haven't played the original but it could have easily been as good, just seems that Treasure just made it to make a quick buck.

Its still a fun game once I got past it not being like the original but not worth buying, which is a shame as I was gonna buy this but my money will go towards Nanostray 2 & Legend of Kage 2.

NekoDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a little underwhelmed, is this just a puzzle shooter? I never played the original Bangai-O but I imagine from what I've seen that there is more to that game than this one.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I quite don't understand this game. I'm supposed to shoot everything, ain't I? What should I do in mission 9? I'm missing only one target, but I can't interact with it :S

Heran Bago said:
rofl @ Kawo

Yeah, someone wants to get a huge ban hammer!

NekoDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok what the hell did I just play? This is not a Treasure developed game, this is garbage.

17 levels, very easy difficulty, 10 minutes of actual gameplay.

Are there more levels or am I just freaking out at seeing the credits roll so early?

My bad, there are 160 levels in the game, anyone know how to unlock them?

P

pasc

Hadrian said:
First Insecticide, now this. I'm gonna have to not get my hopes up about games.

This is not really like the original, it feels like a different game, the levels are way to small and it seems like something they knocked up in 6 weeks. It feels like a homebrew title, not something you'd pay money for.

Anyone who played Guardian Heroes and then played Advance Guardian Heroes, this is like that. One great big massive disappointment. This sequel lacks the presentation, level design, variety and flare of the original N64/Dreamcast game.

My advice is to get a Dreamcast and a copy of Bangai-O, either pirate or off eBay (no need for a modchip) and play that as its a thousand times better. The game could be fun for those who haven't played the original but it could have easily been as good, just seems that Treasure just made it to make a quick buck.

Its still a fun game once I got past it not being like the original but not worth buying, which is a shame as I was gonna buy this but my money will go towards Nanostray 2 & Legend of Kage 2.

Hmm. I find it kinda good, but it lacks english so I will stick with FSR for now.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jei said:
I pray for Silhouette Mirage or Gunstar Heroes, yet Treasure give me that instead...
I hope Treasure don't don't make any other sequels, sure Gunstar Super Heroes was good but they killed Advance Guardian Heroes and this is a joke compared to the original.

Played some more of this game, I still don't understand why they did it like this. I didn't expect it to be as frantic as the DC version or even as good looking but I thought it would at least play like it rather than just have levels that take less then 30 seconds to finish. Its a shame that this'll probably be what people think of Bangai-O.

hate2.gif

Here is what the DC one looked like:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IKANREz8LJA&feature=related

I pray that either the N64 version appears on VC or that the original comes to WiiWare or XBLA.

electrii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a big bangai-o fan, and I wouldn't be quick to dismiss this game.
While it's disappointing there isn't a story mode, the game's levels are alot fun and some of them are pretty damn big, at least as big as they can be on the DS screen.
The controls are spot on as well, I only wish I had translation for all the weapon types.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
made a quick test map. don't know for sure if it works since I don't have something to plug into that weird mic/headset port yet. I assume the external mic doesn't work since if you click the tip at the top right for the map download screen, it tells you to plug it into your computers audio output, meaning it needs the exact wave. Either way, going to go step out to see if I can find something for this. In the mean time, heres the map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?unwzl2riid3

P

pasc

Ok hadrian, I can explain you anything:

- The levels are so short because this is a portable game meant for quick gaming sessions, that means: more short levels over less big ones.

- there are 160 levels in this game, you have to access them through the map loading screen

- the size of the levels fit and if you want level that are more challenging and hard hadrian, build them yourself and perhaps even share them with us.

I for myself find this game quite enjoyable and fun, what do you expect with a max of 128 Sprites on the screen ? Treasure did a damn good job and this game was never meant to be compared to it's elder's the same goes for Advance Guardian Heroes that was fun but in no way comparable to it's counterpart that ran on much more advanced systems.

Any Questions left hadrian ?

Ah and CYatta, I tried your file but couln't get it to work... it stats recording, then stays on that screen as soon as I start the file.

Here is my file which I directly imported in my PC using a cable:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/14/16...ngai-O-Test.wav

I tried to import my own file too, using my headphones (like stated in earlier developement screens), but no success
frown.gif

CJAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I sure do have no clue what is going on in this game. I guess that means it was made by Treasure after all.

But seriously, I want to like it, but I know Bangai-O, and this my friend is no Bangai-O

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got through some stages on this, but
there is one stage where there are a bunch of bullets or something coming down at you, and you are surrounded by buildings, can't figure out what to do there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated