DS #2156: Bangai-O Spirits (Japan)

P

pasc

CJAwesome said:
Wow, I sure do have no clue what is going on in this game. I guess that means it was made by Treasure after all.

But seriously, I want to like it, but I know Bangai-O, and this my friend is no Bangai-O

So... what is bangai-o then ?

(btw... you are right, this is and never WAS bangai-o, it is BANGAI-O SPIRITS )

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not played it yet but even though the graphics are far from the DC/N64 Bangai-O I am hoping that the DS game will be just as fun to play. If not then there's always hoping for a faithful PSP version.
yaypsp.gif

P

pasc

Rereading my last post and considering post's of another forum I have now found the ultimate conclusion:

Ladys and Gentleman, this game is a *drums rolling on*: Action-game-with-infinite-rockets-level-editor-and-puzzle-character*

Satisfyed with that ?

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was finally able to successfully load my own test map that i uploaded earlier. To do it yourself, you need some head phones (ear buds may be easier. I'm using the ones from my ipod). Choose the 4th option in the main menu, then the 1st option in that menu. Then choose an empty slot, and press A. A little box should pop up. Thats when you play the wav on your computer, with one of the buds/headphones right up to the mic on the DS. If it gives you an exclamation point msg, just try again with the volume lower or higher. It'll eventually catch, and you'll see a percentage pop up.

I tried your wav pasc, but it doesn't sound like mine. And it's pretty loud. Maybe you recorded it differently? JIC, I did mine in audacity, 41khz, on mono (both channels are the same). I'll see if I can mess with it

EDIT: Here's what I think the problem is with your wav. It clips because it's too loud, making the wave abnormal. Heres a comparison

asdsb7.jpg

Yours is on the top, mine on the bottom. If you lower the recording volume, you should be able to see changes in the wave. It's these small changes that the game uses to load the data

Anyway, hope to see more maps soon. I'm out for now. Heres another quick map (this one you can actually play. The first one had no objective.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?9nlny9gjjg9

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
CJAwesome said:
Wow, I sure do have no clue what is going on in this game. I guess that means it was made by Treasure after all.

But seriously, I want to like it, but I know Bangai-O, and this my friend is no Bangai-O

So... what is bangai-o then ?
Have you played the original? If you had then you'll know.

The levels were kinda short on that but they were just right AND the original suited handheld play very well, none of the levels would take more than four minutes and was very "pick up and play". Also I shouldn't have to build my own levels.

Anyway its nice that you liked it, and I hope many others do, at least its not a total waste of time. I have tried it again and again and had an open mind about it and pretended that its a different game but for me its just a meh game. I'll just pretend that it doesn't exist and get back to my Dreamcast version, its just a shame that I can't play it on my DS but maybe on the PSP through a N64 emulator (if it runs that is).

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not bad if you look at it for what it is: A level maker and trader. The single player mode is nothing more than a tutorial showing you how to play and what different kinds of maps you can make. Once you're done with those 17 stages, you're supposed to go make some stages and give em out to people. I think it's a hell of a lot better than wifi trading or something like that because you don't need to deal with that whole friend code crap.

It'll probably be more enjoyable when it comes out in english so it all makes a little more sense.

P

pasc

Your level is nice
smile.gif
. I got it working by using my PC speaker cause my headphones sucked to bad ^^.

I like this game since it has a puzzle character with action included. The only thing, you hadrian should have to complain about is the fact that the level are much smaller than in the original and nearly no story is there.

Aside from this ? Be happy.

EDIT: I made a impossible map: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/14/16...ible%20Maze.wav hehe, good luck ^^.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
The only thing, you hadrian should have to complain about is the fact that the level are much smaller than in the original and nearly no story is there.
lol I won't argue no more, its easy to see that you don't understand what is the difference between this and the original.

Enjoy your poor rendition of this game, I wish I could enjoy this too.

Oh and Pasc I made this thread for you:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79259

Seems like a while since I disagreed with you
biggrin.gif

P

pasc

Hadrian said:
pasc said:
The only thing, you hadrian should have to complain about is the fact that the level are much smaller than in the original and nearly no story is there.
lol I won't argue no more, its easy to see that you don't understand what is the difference between this and the original.

Enjoy your poor rendition of this game, I wish I could enjoy this too.

Oh and Pasc I made this thread for you:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79259

Seems like a while since I disagreed with you
biggrin.gif

I think you just feel similar to this guy:

After playing Bangai-o for about an few hour, I feel that the DC version is far better than this game. Instead of bringing back the simple & cla ssic gameplay from the DC, they've added a lot more unneeded weapons, changed the "super shot" by requiring you to charge it and capping it at 100 (instead of 400), removed the way that the super shot got larger with more enemies on screen, removed the already perfect control scheme that allowed for simple directional targetting with something clunky and archaic, and removed almost all of the boss battles which made the original so much fun.

In the game's defense, they've added the level editor, and the ability to play over wifi (both of which I have not tried yet).

Correct ?

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is.... A demo right? i mean this cant be it.... 15minutes.... 8mb file size... WTH IS WRONG WITH THEM

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
I think you just feel similar to this guy:

QUOTE said:
After playing Bangai-o for about an few hour, I feel that the DC version is far better than this game. Instead of bringing back the simple & cla ssic gameplay from the DC, they've added a lot more unneeded weapons, changed the "super shot" by requiring you to charge it and capping it at 100 (instead of 400), removed the way that the super shot got larger with more enemies on screen, removed the already perfect control scheme that allowed for simple directional targetting with something clunky and archaic, and removed almost all of the boss battles which made the original so much fun.

In the game's defense, they've added the level editor, and the ability to play over wifi (both of which I have not tried yet).

Correct ?
Yeah pretty much, the bosses are what I miss too. I have played some more of it and its still a ok game in its own right but it does seem like a rush job by Treasure. In fact it kinda feels like one of those Simple 2000 games.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, people, come on. You're completely ignoring what the game is REALLY about. It's clear this isn't a port of the original. It's merely an extension of that game. This game is about making and trading maps, and I really hope SOMEONE out there is still willing to give it a shot, rather than whine about what this game isn't.

Here, I made ANOTHER map. This one, I'm pretty proud of. It's not really big, but it's a decent size. And considering the fact that it's a 2x3 or something, and you can make a 16x16 (I think), I'd say with some dedication, there can be some really good maps. Hell, you can even just recreate the original Bangai-O levels on this and be done with it.

Anyway, here's another map, if anyone gives a crap.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gzbhemlxduz (Screwed up. Can't finish the map, oops)

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?mgibnujcr3b (Correct version)

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it must have gotten lost in that. My fault. Really cool though. I can't beat your new one at all though, lol. I even tried using the soccer ball. Those things are just impossible, unless I'm using the wrong weapons. I'll see if I can cook up a new map later

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
umm i tried playing this but my results were disappointing,the only two thing i can do is dashing,shooting missiles and shooting more missiles... and when more than 20 enemies are on screen i dies under heavy fire without being able to do anything... what i'm missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality