DS #2119: Nanostray 2 (USA)

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been so waiting for this and it thankfully it doesn't disappoint. Much better than the first one, I can actually survive for long periods of time now. Fire with the + pad and shoulder button and manoeuvre with the stylus is about the best control option. Superb, my type of game, nice graphics, nice sound and speech and excellent stylus control. This is a keeper and will be buying this as soon as it hits the shelves in EUR...

yaynds.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much much better than the first game, there is so much to see and do on this one and there's not crappy DS features shoed in for the sake of it. Wasn't into the first, it was way too generic, and though its nothing new the second one is more interesting. Never thought that out of the other big games, that this would be the one I'd play and enjoy more but then I never had high hopes for it.

Best scrolling shooter on the DS, but the best shooter remains Geometry Wars, perhaps until Bangai-O Spirits.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pristinemog said:
Guess the Ring of Fates didn't exist.
Of course not! The original dump works perfectly fine with decent hardware ffs!

OnTopic: Well shooters aren't exactly my cup of java...

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tip for the first boss (spoilers)

His weak spot is the red spot on the bottom. When he goes to fire up his laser, go up to the top right as far as you can without running into him, watch the way his arm retracts toward him, it'll stop short of hitting you. For his bullets, (when the arm opens up) just go toward the arm and you can avoid them.

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sheeeyit yeah. I wanted this game to come out since the first one was released. Time to shoot shit, to the max!

BTW having to run this in safe mode on the G6 Lite kind of chews donkey turds, but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh glorious day!

I've been waiting on this for months!

And from the posts, it sounds like it's excellent.

J

Jackreyes

Pretty nice so far.
Quite different to first one...
Doesn't beat Geometry Wars though.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MillionsKnives said:
Sheeeyit yeah. I wanted this game to come out since the first one was released. Time to shoot shit, to the max!

BTW having to run this in safe mode on the G6 Lite kind of chews donkey turds, but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Kinda sucks you have to do that.

It works perfectly on my M3 Perfect MiniSD (I used soft reset, 4x dma, force r/w)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll say one thing, the graphics are amazing! A new standard in graphics on the DS has been set.
yaynds.gif

So....how many levels in this game? I got to the end of the 2nd level in story mode and died......too tired to play further tonight.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely buying this one. Gotta support it so they'll make a third. It took me a while to find the first one. Was a pretty rare game for a while.

Anyways, excellent game. It's been worth the extremely, long, long, wait.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome. Everyone who likes it should buy it so it encourages third parties to make good games instead of Imagine! Puppiez! and brain training 23 and cheap movie tie-in game.

Very high quality production and it's heaps of fun
biggrin.gif

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Just finished Story mode on easy, 1st stage reminds me a lot of the beginning of Gradius V. Theres even a Core as a mini boss in a later level. Also the huge ship in the scenery that flies by on Daitoshi Station, parts of it look exactly the same as the two claws right before the 1st boss on R-Type. There's loads of references to old shmups in this game.

At the moment theres not much competition on the World Ranking WiFi mode. So far im blazing ahead in 1st place, but that's mainly due to having played most of the stages in Arcade mode, where as everyone else seems to only be playing stage 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.