DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

Drusenija

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Makes you wonder why games are so expensive here when it's the same damn game! *sighs* And hi Masterful
smile.gif

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I called the Distributer that handles Nintendo DS in South Africa and was pretty shocked to hear the following...

"Final Fantasy Crystal what? could you repeat that again? We don't have that game in our catalogs of games released or soon to be released yet. Can I have your phone number so we can call you back when we know further information?"

This was yesterday. Bah.

Usually, we get our titles a week or even a month after the Brits get theres. But when it comes to this Disto Group, they pretty much release the games they think will sell.
frown.gif

Bugger.

So, for those that say 'go buy the game', well I clearly can't. Have to import the damn thing from the UK. It won't cost me 30 pounds, try 50 or even 60 with postage on for size.

Is the game *really* worth that price? You tell me, I only just finished beating the first boss and left it at that...

By the way, the (b0XXle) [PATCHED AND WORKING 100%] release is crap. get white screens on the DSTT using default settings running V1.08 firmware.

Sin Harvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't it better to buy a M3 Real or one of the working Slot-1 device
tongue.gif
or a better option is if Slot-2 devices work is to buy one to go with your existing Slot-1.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GH0ST said:
For R4 owners do you try Moogle painting on the first save point ? Is that working for you ?
Yes it is. Working just fine.

Man, this thread has turned into a huge pile of suck. Getting pretty difficult to navigate through all the garbage to find any actual info.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Migs said:
So, for those that say 'go buy the game', well I clearly can't. Have to import the damn thing from the UK. It won't cost me 30 pounds, try 50 or even 60 with postage on for size.

Have you thought about getting the US version from Play-Asia? ... will be cheaper than getting the UK version from the UK.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
thebobevil said:
US price for this game : 39.99 USD

Australian price for this game : 69.95 AUD

UK price for this game : 29.99 GBP

29.99 GBP = 61.06 USD

69.95 AUD = 65.67 USD

39.99 USD = 19.64 GBP / 42.59 AUD

You think that is too much?
Brazilian price for the game: 200 BRL = aprox. 118 USD

and that's why I don't buy games..

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
thebobevil said:
US price for this game : 39.99 USD

Australian price for this game : 69.95 AUD

UK price for this game : 29.99 GBP

29.99 GBP = 61.06 USD

69.95 AUD = 65.67 USD

39.99 USD = 19.64 GBP / 42.59 AUD

You think that is too much?
Brazilian price for the game: 200 BRL = aprox. 118 USD

and that's why I don't buy games..

You just helped me prove my point ... the US gets the best of both worlds ... earlier releases (99.9% of the time) and lower prices.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
MIGS, check your pm for a nice import store (free shipping worldwide on most of their items). Dunno if "commercials" are accepted here, so I pm-ed it.
(And don't care much about reading the faq for it after all this pages, especially those anoying lonelygirl15 posts :-r, stopped reading them after the first few).
It's cheaper for me to import games then buy them locally.
It's no fun anymore to buy a game in europ in a store. :-/ Good old days when games were still nicely boxed and about 30-35 euro with a nice full color manual. I bought almost every game I liked back then, now I check for MP, replay value etc. (And also live on my own now, so got those bills to pay too.)

Anywayz, I think it's a real shame they have removed the MP online part, was a no-brainer to import for me if it still had it. Now I'm not so sure, guess I'll search for some reviews.

Shock22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, the prices really are crap huh.

Im in Australia and I had no idea we payed so much for them. Thats complete BS.

As for FinalFantasyFanGirl: Obvious, like troll, is like, obvious. Oh em gee.
If shes not a troll, then thats just... wow.

Anyway, Ive read all the posts up till here, Ive been lurking since this thread started.

I think it should be closed or something until theres an actual answer. These last 20 or so pages are just full of crap...

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sin Harvest said:
Wouldn't it better to buy a M3 Real or one of the working Slot-1 device
tongue.gif
or a better option is if Slot-2 devices work is to buy one to go with your existing Slot-1.
I'm thinking the same thing, as it ends up being alot cheaper than buying the game. Can get the Edge locally for US$44.27/28.44 Euro/21.75 UK Pound/AUD$47.21.

thebobevil said:
QUOTE(Migs @ Mar 13 2008, 12:29 PM) So, for those that say 'go buy the game', well I clearly can't. Have to import the damn thing from the UK. It won't cost me 30 pounds, try 50 or even 60 with postage on for size.

Have you thought about getting the US version from Play-Asia? ... will be cheaper than getting the UK version from the UK.

Actually, buying from Europe is cheap, in comparison to buying *anything* in the US or Asia
frown.gif

I have to get some friends together and buy in bulk in order to save some money on the postage.

You see, what screws me on pricing is what South African Customs will charge for the item I bought overseas. For the UK, I have a sister living there that can send it over and declare it as a gift and such. Elsewhere, well, they won't do such a thing.

Heck, Customs over here even open up packages to check the contents. Sometimes they charge you extra if the item can be bought locally and not charge you if it's really an item that has to be bought. It's pretty much up to the person at customs looking at your parcel that makes the decision.
frown.gif

Thanks for the info anyway guys.

I'll buy the Edge IF the next Square-Enix Title has the same problem as this one.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GH0ST said:
Even trimmed and altered it works with a cycloDS evolution
Trimmed would make sense, but would you mind explaining what you mean by altered?

Hopefully there will be some more testing done in this area. Trying to get a hacked rom to "break" on a CycloDS or an emulator. If someone could alter the rom in a way that would cause the moogle screen on a cart that was previously working fine, it would go a long way towards proving the copy protection theory.

DemonHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I used to live in South Africa, I ordered a book from the UK, which at the time cost £9.99, I had to pay £18 for the bloody thing. Glad I have left that god forsaken land.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Migs

Yeah, customs can be quite anoying. That shop I mentioned earlier luckily sends them from within europe, so no customs
happy.gif

I guess they send the games with a container or something and distribute them via mail "locally". No idea how it's done for South Africa though.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
commdante said:
@Migs

Yeah, customs can be quite anoying. That shop I mentioned earlier luckily sends them from within europe, so no customs
happy.gif

I guess they send the games with a container or something and distribute them via mail "locally". No idea how it's done for South Africa though.

Is it CD-WOW?

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
So i finally get it working without the annoying screen on my G6 lite too ... half an hour so far ... It as nothing to do with a new protection just a initial save format problem. I converted one of my cycloDS save to g6 lite sav.0 ( thanks sunny ;-) ... and so far it works

Szyslak i altered the rom files without getting the infamous problem also changing things like langage or wifi...

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, dvdboxoffice.com (guess you can just name shops here).

And it's even a little cheaper if you pay in dollars
wink.gif
Shipping is a little infrequent though, usually a week, but sometimes up to 2.5 weeks. Hell, shipping is free and they ship from within Europe (usually from sweden or germany) so no customs.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GH0ST said:
So i finally get it working without the annoying screen on my G6 lite too ... half an hour so far ... It as nothing to do with a new protection just a save format problem

That can't be true, as I copied over my M3 Simply save file for the game into my CycloDS and carried on playing from where I'd left off ... 90 minutes of play time in, and no message.

Can't be the save file.

Posts merged

QUOTE(commdante @ Mar 13 2008, 01:21 PM) No, dvdboxoffice.com

I've bought from them myself ... got my US Wii from there ... good, but erratic shipping ... I have since found a few UK-based importers that allow me to get 95% of my import titles here, rather than ordering from overseas anymore ... but still can't find one that carries everything I try to find.

There's an indie shop near me that gets most of the games & hardware I want, which is nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1