DS #2082: Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer (USA)

0xyG3N

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This game looks awesome
yaynds.gif

Hope its so good as i thought
biggrin.gif

spfite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't really like this game, i've done about 15 of the fey missions and can't seem to get some of the 2-3 star ones. maybe the real part of the game is easier, but the fey missions are very difficult.

Karmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spfite said:
i don't really like this game, i've done about 15 of the fey missions and can't seem to get some of the 2-3 star ones. maybe the real part of the game is easier, but the fey missions are very difficult.

Maybe games aren't your thing? Movies have good looking effects and require very little mental effort!

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. Nice...

This looks pretty good. I'm gonna give it a go tonight. I'm not very familiar with roguelike(although I'm sure I've played them), just never really heard the term used. But it looks rpg-ish, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

iandjx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
I did something I thought clever but was stupid after all.

I told myself I'll create a back up of my save file so that if I died I wouldn't need to ask for a rescue. I did died but nevertheless, I ask to be rescued online just for the heck of it. I didn't wait to be rescued and just recopied my .sav file with my backup.

It was all fine until I tried rescuing others or checkin the wfc rankings. I now always get an error which says there is an error the occured in the wi-fi server. please try again.

My guess is that the server got confused that I have a previous .sav file that shouldn't exist. Now I cant go online in this game while I can go online in any other game I tried.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem of mine? This bites. I tried making a new save file, recopying the game into my ds but its still the same. I still cant go online in this game only.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally picked up my copy from Game Crazy tonight. While most of you are playing Smash, I'll be running through Shiren all day tomorrow.
smile.gif

Karmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk3tch said:
Finally picked up my copy from Game Crazy tonight. While most of you are playing Smash, I'll be running through Shiren all day tomorrow.
smile.gif

Is it me or is Smash overhyped anyways? It's just more of the same! To each his own, though. Ya know?

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well... if you think about roguelikes are quite the same no? Anyway for someone who liked Melee and own the japanese version of Brawl, no it's not overhyped, It's an awesome game.

And yeah im like at my 7th adventure. The game kick ass, and kick my ass
tongue.gif

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karmatic said:
Is it me or is Smash overhyped anyways? It's just more of the same! To each his own, though. Ya know?

It definitely looks like a great game. I have been impressed with all of the info coming out about it. Tons of depth. However, I wasn't a huge fan of the GameCube version so I just can't see how I'd get into the Wii one.

It was funny, though. At Game Crazy they had the GameCube Smash out for a demo and my girlfriend started playing while I was buying the game (and reserving Drone Tactics and Rondo of Swords!) and I guess she spent an entire summer playing that game against a kid she nannied. She was like "do you have this game???" and kicking ass all over in it. Makes me think that maybe I should pick up the Wii one.
wink.gif

Karmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attention Shiren addicts:

I've created a Shiren wiki/community and would invite you all to come hang out, add your friend codes for rescues, talk on the message board, look up and add information, and more.

It's at shiren.wetpaint.com

Hope to see you there! Register and say hello!

Regards

War Destroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karmatic said:
Citric said:
Karmatic said:
Rock Howard said:
I remember it's related to Dragon Quest somehow... Am I right?

No. Not whatsoever.
though it's mostly new and doesn't have DQ characters in it as far as I know.

That's the point I was making, really. Plus, it's really not like any of the classic DQ games.

HA! This is years later, but YES there is a DQ tie. On the PS one is a game called Torneko: The Last Hope. It was made by Chun Soft and plays just like this. IMO it was one of the most clever, and fun (yet challenging) games ever made. If you like this game the one for the wii, take the time to find and play Torneko.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
War Destroyer said:
HA! This is years later, but YES there is a DQ tie. On the PS one is a game called Torneko: The Last Hope. It was made by Chun Soft and plays just like this. IMO it was one of the most clever, and fun (yet challenging) games ever made. If you like this game the one for the wii, take the time to find and play Torneko.
lol, grave digging
I'll bet everyone else knew this shortly after the thread died

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Always Coca-Cola!