DS #2031: Hokuto no Ken: Hokuto Shinken Denshousha no Michi (Japan)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's Fist of the North star

fist-of-the-north-star-screens-20080213095908051_640w.jpg

fist-of-the-north-star-screens-20080213095908926_640w.jpg

fist-of-the-north-star-screens-20080213095909566_640w.jpg

fist-of-the-north-star-screens-20080213095910066_640w.jpg

Looks like some interactive comic with some Oendanesque touch screen controls. I doesn't look very appealing to me.
dry.gif

Nookadum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Motherfucking... this has to be the best game ever.

Hokuto no Ken (Ken, the Great Bear Fist) is one of the best manga ever. And it even had a good aired anime spin-off (back in 1986) too.

I wonder if this has all the blood and gore.
biggrin.gif
That would be awesome...

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks a bit like a cross between that Black Jack game (if anyone played that) and Ouendan. could be worth a try

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, played through the first couple of chapters, and I definitely see this game becoming another one of those cult imports, like JUS and Ouedan. It starts out so simplistic, and my first reaction was to think it looked nice but was not going to be much fun. By the second chapter, though, the game throws some really fun things your way. It's also incredibly intuitive, made with what seems to be outside (from Japan) markets in mind. The game's forgiving too. Rather than have you repeat entire segments -- should you fail in one area -- the game brings you back to just before where you fell short.

Can't say I'm a fan of the manga, though I'm familiar with it only from JUS, but it's certainly a gorgeous game, much in the same way that EBA is. It's also very interesting. Though I can't understand a lick of what they're saying, the storyboards convey so much.

People need to check this one out, and I'm certain we'll be hearing more about it in the coming weeks.

shamantimk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am downloading it at the moment, but can someone explain me what u have to do at this game. It might be fun, cause i havent heard a negative comment so far.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am downloading it at the moment, but can someone explain me what u have to do at this game. It might be fun, cause i havent heard a negative comment so far.

Think EBA / Ouedan without the 3-D elements. It stays strictly within the realm of storyboards. There's even some mic usage (blowing). But the game's pretty self-explanatory. A little trial and error, but fairly easy to understand so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill