DS #1745: Geometry Wars: Galaxies (USA)

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing this game getting release makes me wish there was a Tempest 2000 homebrew out there...
frown.gif

AmishSlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: NM, didn't have the latest firmware.

EDIT2: Hmm, 1.08 didn't work, time to try the hacked 1.11

EDIT3: Arg, this game still won't work on my M3-DS-S. I tried the 1.08 firmware and the hacked R4 1.11

It just goes to a black screen and sits there
frown.gif

Any ideas?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

EDIT3: Arg, this game still won't work on my M3-DS-S. I tried the 1.08 firmware and the hacked R4 1.11

frown.gif

Any ideas?

I don't get why it doesn't work for you. I have the same setup and I'm running it perfectly fine. Have you tried another dump? Also, why did you try with the 'hacked' R4 1.11. Both firmwares are the exact same. If it doesn't work with one, it won't work with the other. At least not theoretically in %99.9 of the ROMs already released.

AmishSlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT3: Arg, this game still won't work on my M3-DS-S. I tried the 1.08 firmware and the hacked R4 1.11

frown.gif

Any ideas?

I don't get why it doesn't work for you. I have the same setup and I'm running it perfectly fine. Have you tried another dump? Also, why did you try with the 'hacked' R4 1.11. Both firmwares are the exact same. If it doesn't work with one, it won't work with the other. At least not theoretically in %99.9 of the ROMs already released.

I found the issue. I deleted the .sav file that was made with the old firmware and it worked just fine.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
this game is so frikkin awesome, and no slowdowns either
that was my main worry but the whole game runs smooth
i havent bothered much with galaxies, i keep playing the retro evolved

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quick review by me:
Love it:
Planet system: different map shape, enemies, and score required for medals. Makes it very replayable.
Drone system: a lot to choose from, each is quite unique. Also each has own level which upgrades its abilities.
Stylus firing: SOOO much better than analog stick. I'm sorry PC/360, this is too awesome.

Hate it:
Slowdown: DS CPU can't handle this many objects' AIs. Shooting them decreases number of objects which results in speed recovery, what a way to encourage shooting enemies

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just the game I need! I've been kinda lazy lately, I've played Mario Party (because I have to for Tempcast) but other than that when I feel like playing a game its Tetris because I can't be bothered with anything else.

There is a little slowdown but its not too bad controls work well for me but I do get cramp and arm ache like with my D-pad/Stylus played games. This game made me wish the DS has two thumb sticks in the style of the one on the NGPC.

It should be better on the Wii WITH a classic controller.

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
Strange, this worked fine on my R4 second revision with the latest kernal, and whose memory card was defragged recently on its first boot.

Second time round on the title screen all the music is now white noise and it crashes when trying to connect to wifi...Maybe theres some corrupt dumps floating around?

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DS Phat and a DS Lite, well actually the Phat is my sons, I have found the controls work better on the Phat as the pad is more accurate with diagonals. Anyone else with both tyes of DS found this to be the same ?

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone else liking the slowdown? I think it's awesome actually, and think it should be an intentional gameplay feature. In the heat of the battle when everything is going crazy the slowdown gives you just that little bit more edge to recover out of it.

Btw..I see geometry wars enemies when I close my eyes ~_~ I've been playing too much.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw..I see geometry wars enemies when I close my eyes ~_~ I've been playing too much.

Same here. This game is too damn addicting.
wacko.gif

QUOTEDo any of the current Slot-1 flash carts connect to the Wii? I'm looking to replace my DS-X now.
I think that cyclo cart can connect to Pokemon Battle Revolution. As far as I know that's the only game with decent WII-DS connectivity features.
Geometry wars connectivity works fine with R4.

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
Relys - thanks a lot for this, could you please let us know which format the original save is in?

I'd like to bung it on a R4, do I need to convert it? Not sure which format to convert from that page if you catch my drift...

Hell gonna be buying this when it comes over here anyhow
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)