DS #1745: Geometry Wars: Galaxies (USA)

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was excited about "Nintendo WFC" logo for a sec. It's for high score only. (Is it?)
Played 10 mins and I'm on 25th place
smile.gif

duckjuice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest kernel (1.08) for my R4, but I get an "error loading data" message when I try to play Geometry Wars. Any tips?

Gamefrk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamespot and People at Gamefaq says there is no single cart multiplayer
Well i proved there is and i posted the steps on gamefaqs

Steps:
1.Gameshare under connectivity
2.after upload is complete go to multiplayer
3.either host or join a game
4.select game type
5.ENJOY SINGLE CART MULTIPLAYER!

Thank you gigermunit, I was horribly disappointed when I read that on gamespot.

gigermunit

Trophies
Website
gigermunit.uni.cc
XP
Country
United States

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Used this game to premier my newly arrived R4, which I am praising. My DSX is at the point were it only boots about 25% of the time so I was really waiting for this thing. Beats the piss out of the DSX in my opinion. Anyways, moving onto the game...

It is EVERYTHING I was hoping for. This game is pure pick-up-and-play fun. If you like anything remotely arcade-ish, this is a must have. I know it will be on my microSD card for a very long time.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is definitely one of those games. Kind of like the mindless fun of Tetris. I still don't know exactly what each little helper thing does, but I'm unlocking them anyway.
biggrin.gif

I'm also getting a tiny bit of lag here and there (using my CycloDS), but that's, I'm sure, normal for a game like this. I mean, damn, that's a lot of stuff going across the screen at once.

Anyway, it's got a very aethetically pleasing visual style, but I sure hope there are some other musical themes, `cause that one theme is getting old quick.
wacko.gif

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Even with the slowdown the game is really playable, and I only got some in the first 3 games when I was beyond 50 millons points :S
But no I don't know if the orignal cart have slowdown, but it most, since none of my roms have slowdown on my G6.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
online leader board? I'm definitely getting this now.

edit: I just read on their forum that the highest score is "safe" from server reset because scores are "safely stored in the wii's memory unit". I suspect the same thing for DS. Let's hope they used at least some light form of encryption, but I'm sure they didn't.
cry.gif

http://forums.vgames.com/thread.jspa?threadID=68063&tstart=0

knocturnal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, really good version of geometry wars. There's a little bit of slowdown when lots of enemies are on screen but it's actually useful and doesn't ruin the gameplay.

Online scoreboards are great for games like this, not looking forward to the action replay cheaters though
frown.gif

The bits they added over retro evolved makes this worth playing.

I'm dreading when the codes come out as well, AR codes should be a no no to games like this.

I agree with those who say this is a permanent game on their cart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection