DS #1419: NAMCO Museum DS (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Sep 19, 2007.

1. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    ^^ndsrelease-2103^^

2. shred6waves

shred6waves GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2007
    United States
    just got it.

it works great

but is very dissapointing [​IMG]

3. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    It had better include Galaga...cuz I play it on my Gameboy atlease once a night.

4. Ryoku

Ryoku GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2007
    United States
    Woo-hoo! Pacman! Thou hath returned!

5. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    You're in luck.

6. WeaponXxX

WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

Nov 4, 2004
    United States
    Currently in Chicagoooooooo
    Damn...no dual screen mode...I REALLY hope they have arrangement as an unlockable

7. thebert

thebert Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2006
    United States
    The only reason to download/buy is for Pacman-VS. I played Pacman-VS so much on the gamecube, it's nice to have a portable download play version! I've been waiting for this for a long time!

8. P3T3Y

P3T3Y Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2007
    United States
    I demo'd NAMCO Museum DS at PAX this year and played Galaga on dual screens; it may be unlockable

9. m3rox

m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 13, 2006
    United States
    WA
    Finally, I can play Dig Dug II on my DS [​IMG] (it has serious graphical glitches on nesDS).

10. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    Same old shit...

11. id242

id242 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2005
    United States
    Pacific Ocean
    OMG - I just thought GBATemp installed a mind-reading posting plug-in, because I said those exact same words when I saw this release and then scrolled through the comments and saw your reply!

good stuffs!!

12. Ryoku

Ryoku GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2007
    United States

Haha that's odd. The only reason I thought about getting this game was for the Pacman XD.

13. Gamefrk

Gamefrk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    Can anyone find the online play? It says "4 Online" at gamespot and I see no online playability. I just see wireless [​IMG].

14. WeaponXxX

WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

Nov 4, 2004
    United States
    Currently in Chicagoooooooo
    Anyone know if there is score save support??

*Edit...looks like there is save support....WTF No Ms Pacman....that BETTER be an unlockable... there is 4 available spaces....so Im really hoping something gets unlocked in these spaces otherwise this is a really REALLy shitty museum capable of much more.

15. BionicC

BionicC GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2006
    You can unlock Super Xevious and the original version of Dig Dug 2; go to "SETTINGS (2)", then "HARDCORE OPTIONS", change the game version and CONFIRM. The new version will then be unlocked as a separate option in the menu.

I unpacked the ROM and it only has dipswitch settings files for the original 7 games + Super Xevious and Dig Dug 2 (Old version) so it doesn't look like there are any other games hidden away in there (possible arrangement modes notwithstanding).

16. cubin'

cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 12, 2007
    awesome pacman vs rocks out very hard

17. funem

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    out of nowhere....
    Nice but Pacman Vs should so have been Wi-Fi, no firends list needed, that would have been so much fun

18. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    Not the best collection of arcade games I've seen. Got bored very quickly.

19. Sweater Fish Del

Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2006
    United States
    Pac-Man Vs. is a great, but the rest of the collection is the same stuff they've been putting out in every collection since the Genesis. Not that there's anything wrong with the games; I mean, Pac-Man and Galaga and Galaxian in particular are still some of my favorite games to play of all time, but I've just seen the exact same games so many times on so many collections on so many consoles by now that it's ridiculous.

I would have a preferred a Pac-Man Collection with Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man and Pac & Pal. Maybe even Pac-Mania and Pac-Land. As well as Pac-Man Vs. with online play of course. That would be so much cooler.

Actually, my real dream is that Namco will release a DS port of Pac-Man 2 and it will have all those games playable at the arcade in town. Pac-Man 2 would be so freaking perfect on the DS.

...word is bondage...

20. GameDragon

GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

Dec 4, 2005
    United States
    New York
    I was planning on skipping this game, but since I've seen so many good posts about Pac-Man VS., I guess I'll give it a try.

Galaga is one of my all-time favorite old school arcade game, so I guess this game gets a plus for having that, huh? [​IMG]