AMDdude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woo first!

But wasnt that game released a long time ago.. so that's a dupe?
blink.gif

Gup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is NOT Rune factory!
smile.gif
This is the first HM to be released on the DS, mostly based on Friends of Mineral town from the GBA (who in turn was based on Back to Nature from the PS1)

It's not a dupe, it's a fixed version. A lot of bugs were found in the original release. Some even making the game unplayable. Hopefully this fixed it, and makes it at least somewhat enjoyable. Since it isn't that great at all.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hope this will fix the long list of bugs in the last version -

* Random freeze up of the game, especially in winter.
* Inability to marry the Witch Princess because the game fails to count dead animals
* Inability to marry the Harvest Goddess because of the missing Buckwheat Flour and the Necklace
* Inability to complete cooking and shipping lists due to aforementioned Buckwheat Flour
* In winter, tiles can randomly become impassable if a grass building falls
* "Ghost Town", where all doors are permanently locked and villagers are missing
* Milker glitch, where any animal that can be brushed can be milked
* Cats and dogs getting stuck after home additions
* 1 billion gold fishing glitch
* In English versions of the game, the mailbox doesn't work, and the player can never receive mail
* The "Speech screen scratch" glitch, after talking to someone, an odd, scratchy line appears, but disappears when you have exited the building.
* The title screen has mermaids of all colors instead of the whole town standing together.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this something different than that rune fantasy harvest game?
The Harvest Moon series is kinda similar but without dungeon crawling capturing/fighting monsters parts and it has a more childlike and simplified look to it. Also farming is a bit more tedious in those games, you can't just walk over crops you have to go around them. You also HAVE to use your shipping box to ship goods unlike Rune Factory were you can sell your stuff after 9am you also can't hold as much stuff as you can in Rune Factory.

This is the first DS game but its one of the weakest of the series, it had clunky gameplay elements and touch controls that weren't done too well. Check out the GBA version instead or just play Rune Factory. I'm hoping Rune Factory 2 won't make you bother defeating the bosses so you can progress through the game as thats the only thing that bugs me about Rune Factory.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
^^ Well there are lots of stupid people in this world... that buy some of the garbage that pretend to be games. I mean, my god, there's a sequel to Horsez coming out. And it's being ported to the Wii too iirc.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
after looking at the long list of bugs man this game was like totally finished. How could they release such a game!! Anyway good thing it works well now am gonna get it as i have the previous one but didn't play... still on HD

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^^ Well there are lots of stupid people in this world... that buy some of the garbage that pretend to be games. I mean, my god, there's a sequel to Horsez coming out. And it's being ported to the Wii too iirc.

LOL, i agree, but with that said, my 8yr old daughter will be so excited if the above is true.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's great this game got a bugfix, I heard this game was too much buggy, so I started to play it in EU.

Edit :
The EU is the V1.1 US, but cannot link to GBA game's Mineral town anymore
frown.gif

The v1.1 is still buggy.

I found this on Fogu's forum
Version 1.0 - ABCEN0J13
Version 1.05 - ABCEN0J22
Version 1.1 - ABCEN1J09 ABCEN1J11

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if my Q sound like a noob one.

Did natsume fix the game or did outside coders deliver this fix?

Let me quote myself from the Undumped NDS Games List to deliver a brief history about the buggy releases this game has seen:

QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Aug 18 2007, 01:51 AM)]Don't know if anyone reported this one yet but...

I was just talking to a guy in IRC that needed help in Harvest Moon DS. Apparently his dog had gotten stuck under a toilet as the result of some sort of glitch. I looked into the matter and Wikipedia reports that there are apparently a shitload of glitches in the (U) v1.0 releasehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_Moon_DS#Glitcheshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_Moon_DS#Glitches, including the toilet pet glitch.

Wikipedia goes on to explain what exactly happened with the production of the game. Natsume first released the game in Japan, this original version contained a ton of glitches. They later however, began producing an updated version (Version 1.2, guess they updated twice?)http://advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbrelds.php?id=0105http://advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbrelds.php?id=0105 with all glitches removed. Natsume began to work on localizing the (U) version, but for some reason, they decided to localize the original glitched Japanese game (v1.0) and release it in the U.S.
wtf.gif
Not only did the U.S. version contain all the original glitches from the (J) version but, due to localization, had EVEN MORE glitches added...
wacko.gif
Anyways, the (E) version fixed most glitches (although some features were removed) and the (U) version was updated with a Version 1.1 release.

Of course, now the U.S. v1.1 has been dumped! Shaweet!
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...