DS #1323: High School Musical: Makin' The Cut (USA)

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
This game has off-timing, and a choppy framerate. It's like they weren't even trying.

Also, the main game is muddled up when it INTERRUPTS YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF A SONG to do stupid stuff like switching instruments, or showing what may or may not be a cutscene, or tossing a basketball.

Exactly right.
It was a good idea to rip off the best musical game on the DS, but they screw so many things that.... it's terrible.

Is it really that bad? So I heard it is like EBA, but the framerate sucks and the hits are off?

I heard that the sister is hot!
tongue.gif

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
idk it's pretty good so far, i mean it isn't anywhere near EBA/Ouendan, but it's still good. I'm a bit dissapointed because the music sounds the covers to the songs. How come the original cast didn't partake in this? It sounds like Vanessa Hudgens did though. I'd give the game an 8/10.

Good Music - I wish the original cast sang it though.
Fun - A bit weird, but it's for fans of the movie mostly.
Good(ish) Graphics - Good backgrounds and it's all in 3D on the top screen. The character models are just...weird.

Overall it's pretty good for one of the 1st Disney music games.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is this not the original broadway cast?

... Musical was good, but this and the movie looked like shit. Just like all plays into movies...

Still... I want a game based off of Wicked.

Um...the Disney movie was the first one. All the broadways came afterwards.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think its clear that their arms are vector lines to the focal point, in this case the title.. anyway, back on topic, is she hot?
smile.gif

btw, I never seen the movie, but some of the songs are awesome, if the songs are in there, im downloading this post haste.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game has off-timing, and a choppy framerate. It's like they weren't even trying.

Also, the main game is muddled up when it INTERRUPTS YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF A SONG to do stupid stuff like switching instruments, or showing what may or may not be a cutscene, or tossing a basketball.

Exactly right.
It was a good idea to rip off the best musical game on the DS, but they screw so many things that.... it's terrible.

Is it really that bad? So I heard it is like EBA, but the framerate sucks and the hits are off?
That's pretty much it. The framerate problem isn't exactly that it's low, but that it's very inconsistant, often jumping back and forth between a solid 60 and numbers much lower. Much like a frameskip option on an emulator, the poor framerate in this game doesn't screw up the timing, it just makes it ugly. The timing is off all by itself.

My advice is to play with the sound off, so that you're not tempted to follow the beat. It's a lot easier without the music.

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would have prefered South Pacific, or maybe Paint Your Wagon, but hey-ho...

Anyway, it's unfair to ask a man to rate his sister as hot or not, so lets all stop asking.

And wait for Shaunj to post a picture, so we can judge for ourselves. For real impartiality, we're going to need an everyday-clothing picture, as well as a bikini shot.

hakdizzle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would have prefered South Pacific, or maybe Paint Your Wagon, but hey-ho...

Anyway, it's unfair to ask a man to rate his sister as hot or not, so lets all stop asking.

And wait for Shaunj to post a picture, so we can judge for ourselves. For real impartiality, we're going to need an everyday-clothing picture, as well as a bikini shot.

lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1