DS #1235: Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Touch de Dokodon! (Japan)

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
Any naruto songs like the ps2 versions?

oh well, features one ouendon 2 song

edit: pulled it up to my stereo.. woo

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to fail?

Yup. If you see a rain cloud overhead, you've failed.
cry.gif
I haven't tried it myself, but saw it in a Youtube vid when someone was playing in the harder mode.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You're not likely to "fail" any songs until you play Oni difficulty. Quite easy to full combo on easy/normal, on half the songs on hard, you'll still be able to full combo on first try. If you've been playing with only one hand for most part (except when you need to tap repeatedly), you'll definitely need the other hand on Oni.

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no1 mentioned there was Multi-Card Download Play.

Well, i've made out some of the Multiplayer options. It's 2-4 Players, no co-op =/

There are 4 game types:
Score (Highest score wins; self explanatory)
# of Hits (Every correct hit on the screen adds +1 to your Score)
# of Accurate/Repeated Hits (Score only adds +1 if you hit accurately or hit a couple in a row, not sure)
Combo (You gain Score according to how many hits you string together, the second you "miss" a beat, your score goes right back to 0 and you start your Score over)

Bonuses Items:
Yes or No (If yes, randomly placed score multipliers appear on the game screen and I'm sure the bonuses are random and Mario like based, as in, if your last place, you'll probably get a 10x multiplier, but if your in first you'd probably get 2x multiplier, anyway thats my guess.

MrHellFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, let me get this straight, you can't really change the difficulty? Basically the only thing the difficulty does is change the speed at which the notes fly at you...that's pretty lame if you ask me. It's child's play compared to even the arcade versions of the game.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Uhhh~~~ it's ok.

I'm a huge fan of the arcade game, but Taiko no Tatsujin just isn't exciting on a console. You need a huge Taiko to bash.

This game made me realise just how awesome Ouendan is. The way it uses the touch screen is just awesome.

I wish songs were unlocked in TnT like they are in Ouendan.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
@MrHellFire - No you can change the difficulty. More beats are added, as well as being faster. It is different. And you better select the harder difficulty, because easy and medium are just too simple.

Medium is still fun on the arcade, but on the DS it's just way too easy.

MrHellFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's it? There's practically no difference in the amount of notes. I DO have it set to the fastest/hardest difficulty, and full comboing most songs is ridiculously easy.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's it? There's practically no difference in the amount of notes. I DO have it set to the fastest/hardest difficulty, and full comboing most songs is ridiculously easy.

By hardest difficulty do you mean Oni? I don't think you unlocked it yet, it's Taiko no Tatsujin series tradition to have easy/normal/hard difficulty easy to full combo with one hand (probably on the first try even if it's your first time playing), and then backstabs you on Oni difficulty.
I have access to this rom but I pre ordered it so just waiting for it to arrive. I've yet to see how different this one's Oni is different from arcade or other consoles. If you're actually on Oni, then this game really lacks replay value.

MrHellFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know which difficulty I'm on, it's just the fastest speed I have. If this "Oni" difficulty is to be unlocked, then no, I don't have it. How would one go about unlocking it?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's it? There's practically no difference in the amount of notes.
You must be changing something other than the difficulty then.

The SMB theme, from the beginning to the point where it changes to the undergroung music, has about 60-65 hit icons (counting every type of icon) on the easiest (flower) difficulty. On the hardest difficulty that you don't have to unlock (tree/bush) there are around 250-255 in the same amount of time.

T!b0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
There are two different settings to change to make the game more difficult:

Change the difficulty: bottom-middle option where you select 'flower', 'bamboo' or 'tree' (apparently 'oni' later on..?)

Change the speed at which the rhythm is displayed: bottom-right option which was described earlier, select the tiger for more speed! Tiger with closed mouth is speedy, Tiger with opened mouth is Super speedy!!!
You can also select the 'Taikobot' for a demo, and the blue Taiko (unlocked by playing) to exchange all redblue beats in the song!!

But I don't think selecting the little tigers unlocks anything, basically I would say it's like the "no circle" mode in Ouendan: if you're all hardcore and bored with the hardest difficulty, you can make it even harder!!! Maybe you get more points, but I don't really know since I didn't complet a song successfully using it
blink.gif

Well I never completed any Cheerleader mode in any Ouendan so I don't think I'll go to such extreme mode
tongue.gif

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
What T!bO said to get to hard difficulty. Middle option then the picture of a tree. Normal is ふつう. Hard is むずかしい.

To get up Oni mode you have to complete 20 songs on hard difficulty getting either a gold or silver medal.

MrHellFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, ok, I didn't really notice the actual difficulty change before, it's hard for me to tell because I can't read a lick of Japanese and I'm not an avid Taiko player either. Thanks for the help guys.

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
Fun game but very much a one trick pony. It obviously looses the spectacle of the arcade version. I'll be keeping it but just to play a song or two every so often.

lentini

Trophies
XP
Country
Menu Translation for anyone who needs it:

QUOTE said:
Menu Translation -

Title Screen
- Song Selection
- Dojo
- Multiplayer
- Customise
- Game Settings

Song Selection- Middle Tab - Change Difficulty
- Right Tab - Game Alteration (Speed ect)
- Basically just click a song to play it on this screen, simple

Difficulty Select (First tab on Song Selection)- Flower - Easy
- Bamboo - Medium
- Trees - Hard
- Demon - Oni (Hardest)

Game Alteration (Second Tab on Song Selection)- Hit Sound Effect
- Game Alteration
-- Robot Looking Taiko is Auto Play
-- Bear with Green Box is Medium Speed
-- Bear with Orange Box is Fast Speed

Pause Menu- Resume
- Restart