DS #1212: The Settlers (Europe)

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Guys, you need to remember this is a port of a mid-90s game.

Umm, yeah, I did play this game back in the "mid-90s", actually '95 if I remember right. Actually i still play it sometimes, either the original in Dosbox or the (not so good but nice) 20th anniversary 3d remake. Anyways, the DS version is slow. Not meaning the fact that Settlers 2 has a slow-paced gameplay, but i mean the animation is choppy. Like the original being ran on a slow computer. A very slow one.

Yugge

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And your sure that's not your card messing it up? I experienced long loading times, but in games I didn't notice anything choppy, and I'm on an R4DS

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Did you try zoomed out with plot icons displayed with a medium-sized empire with lots of the little guys on the map? Anyways, I'm on a Supercard SD (latest firmware, latest loader with new database , and I never had slowdown problems before. But I'm starting to think it might be a SC-SD problem now. Like the long loading times in SimCity DS

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played the original and I am very disapointed with this. A tutorial of sorts would have been nice, the graphics could have been alot better and the menus are just to much of a pain to want to play it for very long. Port of an old game with little if no brushing up of graphics is lazy.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wish people would stop comparing settlers to anno. This is an decades old discussion, but they're simply different games!

It's a faithful port, but yes I agree, it's sluggish. Not bad, however. If you like settlers (II!) as much as I do, you should get some enjoyment.

hidid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the game keeps freezing on my r4 (sandisk ultra II) at about 30 minutes playtime

does anyone else have this problem?

pixelique

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i've just got a third freeze (32min, 38min, 40min of playing) - m3 lite, safe mode, trim, newest firmware.

touchscreen response is a true nightmare (when compared to other games using stylus, or pictochat), horribly long loadtimes, awfuly graphics in zoomed-out mode.

dissapointment, when compared to Settlers series, and teaser-reviews.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol